today I think I might buzz my hair, as it will solve a lot of problems (no need for haircuts over the summer when working at a summer camp, won't get as greasy, won't have to brush it, makes my face/head look better because when my hair is long it gets really poofy, keeps me from pulling out my hair). Also, tonight I will study Statistics and wait anxiously for the email telling me what position I've been given at the radio station next year.
I am stressing out about this because my future roommate, one of my best friends, is general manager for next year and gets to pick who fills various positions at the station. He is a very hard-working guy, and has very high standards for things and... I really think that he thinks that I do a bad job. I hate to feel like I am only getting the job because I'm his roommate, you know? I was on the verge of going and telling him I didn't want the job if it meant that someone more qualified would get passed over, but my friends argued that I deserve it because I have more experience, and it is really rare for someone to not get their old position unless they really screwed stuff up. The issue is that the stuff that is visible about my job is the stuff that I'm bad at-- namely, reviewing tons and tons of CDs very quickly. I am horrible at doing this, and the other music director right now is fantastic at it.
At this point I am pretty sure I am getting the job, but it makes me upset that some potentially better younger kids are going to get cruddy jobs/no jobs because of who my roommate is. Some of the freshmen going for the position are dedicated as hell, know more about new music than I do, and do hell of great CD reviews.
Although, at the same time, some of my friends have pointed out that this kid is enough of a hardass that he wouldn't give me the job if he thought someone else would really be better, and would totally expect me to suck it up for the good of the station. Which... I could handle, I guess, as long as he doesn't give me some really shitty sinecure-type job and then expect me to train my replacement.