Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349063 times)

0 Members and 199 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2595 on: April 25, 2008, 10:14:25 pm »

Its always nice when the founder of a thread checks in.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2596 on: April 25, 2008, 10:31:35 pm »

I was starting to worry, but then I saw you logged in on AIM.  Didn't have time to say Hi, tho. 

Welcome back. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2597 on: April 25, 2008, 11:41:16 pm »

Going to a scotch tasting even alone isn't nearly as fun as going with someone you barely know who will probably be fun to go with.  I recommend going with a random person who shares your sense of humour.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2598 on: April 26, 2008, 12:09:18 am »

You could always take your friend Jackie D.

Nice to see you are still around.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2599 on: April 26, 2008, 03:38:08 am »

today, while dancing with a gorgeous girl at the P-Funk concert on campus, some douchebag peed on me.
I am not kidding. he straight up peed on my leg.

I said "um, I think I should go" and she was all "ooh, yeah, I think I might leave too, I am awfully tired of this concert..."
and then I said "um, some guy peed on me. I need to go take a shower" and she made a beeline for her dorm.


now is the part where I go over to her room to hang out, you know.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2600 on: April 26, 2008, 04:07:34 am »

Maybe its just the kind of man I am, but if a fuck peed on me that would be the end of his face.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2601 on: April 26, 2008, 04:35:31 am »

Yeah.

Yeah... if not his face, in the very least, his knees.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2602 on: April 26, 2008, 05:57:03 am »

yeah, I mean.
I was drunk enough that I was just incredibly confused about what was going on.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2603 on: April 26, 2008, 12:46:17 pm »

Holy hell - I would kick someone if they peed on me, especially if I was drunk.  Probably right at the source.

Today I'm gonna wake up at about 4 am due to excitement, and spend the day pretending I don't know that I'm going to be proposed to really soon.  Probably tomorrow?  Surly the mysterious errands he is running today that I am strictly "NOT allowed to come along on" are related to this.  Possibly the family dinner at his folks place tomorrow?  I don't know.  But soon. 

Also, I will contemplate the total change over of self that has come to pass in the past year.  Joy.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2604 on: April 26, 2008, 01:22:18 pm »

But even if a dude pees on you, laying the smack down on him like that is as likely to horrify a lady as impress here these days. Inev is keeping the eye on the goal.

Edit: somehow I totally skipepd over your post Smells. Potential congrats.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 01:42:19 pm by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2605 on: April 26, 2008, 01:33:18 pm »

inev: Was the dude's dick out?

Smells: How do you know?  I ask because before Pedro proposed, I suspected, but could not say with certainty. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2606 on: April 26, 2008, 01:37:47 pm »

...find out how many zookeepers it takes to change a lightbulb.

One month ago, we sent in a work ticket to have the fluorescent tubes in the feed room replaced. Two out of the three fixtures had gone out, so we were basically working almost in the dark. OK, crickets and mice are not very dangerous, so it's not like working with tigers or venomous snakes in the dark. But still, it's the 21st century - not too much to expect electric lighting in a windowless basement workspace, don't you think?

Nothing happened for three weeks. Early this week, the safety officer came by for a different reason, and I told him about it, and he made a phone call and sent an email.

By the end of the week, perhaps unsurprisingly, nothing had happened.

So, although everyone said that we didn't have any replacement tubes, since we aren't supposed to change them ourselves, I rooted around in the dark, spider-infested storage room and discovered that actually we did have some tubes of the right size.

I took four of them, and I went and found a ladder. My co-worker R climbed up the ladder, but the fixture was weird and she couldn't figure out how to work it.

While she waited on top of the ladder I went and got my co-worker S and he came down and explained it. R changed the bulbs and now, after a month, we no longer have to work in the dark.

Even the mice looked surprised.

So, anyway: Three.

Note: This is yesterday's installment of Today I'm Gonna, because the experience was too exhausting to write about without a good night's sleep. Also note: we still do not know how long it takes government electricians to show up and change a lightbulb, but we know that it is in excess of four weeks.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2607 on: April 26, 2008, 05:08:58 pm »

Drunk would make me MORE violent, not less, definitely.

And: if a marryin' is what you want, ss, you deserve it and a great one at that.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2608 on: April 26, 2008, 06:17:29 pm »

i tend to just get confused and laugh a lot.

in other news: if I had known how the rest of the night would progress after the pee incident, I totally would have punched that fucker in the cock.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2609 on: April 26, 2008, 07:23:09 pm »

I refuse to jinx s_s by giving her congrats early.

Im working on a final paper where Im saying Tony Soprano is the new John Wayne. Which means I actually had to watch some John Wayne. I had no idea how alike these two guys are.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 878   Go Up