Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348702 times)

0 Members and 220 Guests are viewing this topic.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2700 on: May 04, 2008, 02:50:59 pm »

Yay for assuming an entire class of people are criminals!

That's not really fair. The Mosquito isn't really treating people like criminals.

More like vermin.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2701 on: May 04, 2008, 04:26:25 pm »

More like vermin.

I have to give that one to you. Along with a can of course.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2702 on: May 04, 2008, 05:57:16 pm »

I've been boycotting Facebook since the beginning. It was so EASY, too!

I'm of mixed opinion. I mean, on the one hand, yeah, it sucks that they're basically saying "We don't want you here," but if the security dude is right, and people are driving to the mall, seeing all the kids hanging out outside, and saying, "Yeah, screw THIS, I'll go spend my money somewhere else," I think the people paying rent on the stores inside have the right to tell the mall to do something about it.

Maybe I just have no respect for people with no shopping agenda.

Don't you work at The Fashionable Male?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2703 on: May 05, 2008, 01:18:43 am »

...make a series of post-it notes listing all the stuff I need to do before I leave thursday morning.
OH MY GOD I have to do so much stuff. Pack everything and either leave it at my friend's house or ship it home, do a new draft of my short story, study for 2 exams, do a ton of radio stuff, hang out with my senior friends who are graduating...

I am so unhappy about how much time I wasted last week (ie: all of it. all of last week was wasted. I mean, fun is great, but I have so many things to do now.)

also: I should have learned by now that I should never, Ever talk to my mom when I am upset/stressed/worried, because she always finds a way to make me feel 100 times worse by speaking on a soothing voice and telling me I should do everything "one thing at a time."
Like, literally, something about the way she says things in these situations makes it so that if she said "daniel, you need to eat food once a day" I think I would decide I needed to stop eating.
For one, she said that I should "just have dinner or something" with one of my best friends, who is graduating and basically having a nervous breakdown about it. Quite frankly, I give more of a shit about my friends than I could ever give about doing well in a class. I implied this, and she reacted as if I'd said "I don't ever want to do work, I think that the most important thing in life is to have fun, I am trying really hard to flunk out of school."
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 02:32:45 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2704 on: May 05, 2008, 02:41:34 pm »

Inev, my mom does the same thing, and it is impossible.  I'm sorry.  I still can't help talking to my mom when I'm having a rough time, and she can't help making me feel like I'm wasting my life, so the best I can hope for is that I will develop a way to avoid doing this to my kids someday. 

You Are Not Alone, buddy. 

The other night, I will have been gonna dream that we all attended TOUAMB camp, and Pedro and I made an Arrangement, and I was about to have makeouts with Somebody, but at the last minute he was all, "no, I can't do that to Pedro, it's not right" and I was all, But, Arrangement!, and he was all, "no, I really can't." 

It was weird.  Especially considering that I was somehow about nineteen (I don't think Pedro and I were married and we certainly didn't have kids).  In fact, I think we were *all* college-aged, which might have explained how we were all able to take a week out of our lives and go sleep in log cabins with strangers from the internet. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2705 on: May 05, 2008, 03:02:46 pm »

You didn't think we wouldn't ask who Somebody was in that dream, did you?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2706 on: May 05, 2008, 03:21:20 pm »

It was actually two Somebodies merged into a single entity. 

With a dash of Nabu, for Sexiness. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2707 on: May 05, 2008, 03:31:52 pm »

I can't remember a sex dream in the last... ten years... that wasn't either about my girlfriend or a small group of a half-dozen female friends from high school/college times for which I had more-than-platonic feelings.

I don't have sex dreams about strangers, I don't have sex dreams about celebrities, I don't have sex dreams about anyone I've met since about the age of twenty.

I guess even in my dreams I'm old fashioned, I'm just a six or seven woman man, like in the old days.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2708 on: May 05, 2008, 03:36:12 pm »

Unless they involve Pedro, most of my sex dreams don't even involve real people. 

I want to make it absolutely clear, before people start making guesses about the identities of the TOUAMBies in my recent dream, that there was NO SEX.  There was not even making out.  There was mild mutual interest, that is all.  Very mild.  Very.  Very.  Mild. 

Gracious, this is embarrassing.  I should have posted this...elsewhere. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2709 on: May 05, 2008, 03:44:43 pm »

It was actually two Somebodies merged into a single entity. 

With a dash of Nabu Cort, for extreme Sexiness. 

Fixed that for you.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2710 on: May 05, 2008, 03:48:10 pm »

Nah, dream-TOUAMBie wasn't *that* hott. 

And he certainly didn't have supreme Google-fu.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2711 on: May 05, 2008, 05:01:38 pm »

I'm with you on the imaginary people sex dreams JL. I think that sometimes they are conglomerates of people I know, but nothing concretely identifiable.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2712 on: May 05, 2008, 09:03:40 pm »

CUNT fields forever, y'all.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2713 on: May 05, 2008, 10:39:47 pm »

It was actually two Somebodies merged into a single entity. 
 

You didn't think we wouldn't ask which two Somebodies, did you?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2714 on: May 05, 2008, 11:04:03 pm »

Especially considering that I was somehow about nineteen

There was not even making out.  There was mild mutual interest, that is all.  Very mild.  Very.  Very.  Mild. 

I deduce from this that even in JL's subconscious Dan isn't getting any.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 878   Go Up