Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Yo mama's so crass and low, she puts chocolate pieces into her mouth while she is still chewing up the previous chocolate pieces.

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1350027 times)

0 Members and 152 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2835 on: May 23, 2008, 01:11:55 pm »

Yesterday I downloaded On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness and started playing it with the intention of submitting a review to a web site that is looking for a female game reviewer.  It's unpaid, but it's a tri-weekly gig and a publication credit if I get it.  If it works out, Pedro is going to have to endure me playing video games and spending hours staring at my laptop...professionally.  Wish me luck. 

I also went to visit my prof, and we're going to move forward with scheduling my defense.  I'm in the final stages...he said he'd accept it as-is, but he thinks a few hour's more work would improve it greatly.  Mostly cut-and-paste, move-this-here type stuff. 

Today I'm gonna take Girlface to the pediatrician for her four-month checkup, attend a boring tenth-anniversary luncheon for two of Pedro's cow-irkers, and then try to find time to tidy up the house before I have to get my son from school.  Tomorrow I have to attend a wedding, Sunday we're having a cookout with my parents, and Monday -- ah, Monday -- we're going to drag four laundry baskets loaded down with 500 water balloons into the middle of the street and invite all the neighborhood kids to have at them. 

Happy Memorial Day, everybody! 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 05:36:26 pm by jay-ell »
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2836 on: May 23, 2008, 09:21:37 pm »

...so I was driving along, and I realized I was about to miss my turn. I looked in my mirror, glanced over my shoulder, and swerved into the lane. A few seconds later I saw that some guys were about to cross where I was trying to turn-- I waved to them to go ahead.

Then the three cars behind me all hit each other. Um. So I got out and for a second I thought they were all cussing at me, super-enraged, then I realized what they had seen was "THESE THREE STUPID-ASS BLACK KIDS JUST RAN IN FRONT OF HIM!" I told the cop who came my version, which is that I waved for them to go. He didn't really seem to care. The guy in the third car, which was REALLY messed up (he must have been going hell of fast for a 35 mph zone, or else I have no conception of how much damage a car will do at low speeds) jumped out and ran away, apparently. The lady in the middle car had whiplash and they got an ambulance for her.
Then we found out the third car had stolen tags. The guy in the passenger's seat said that the guy driving him was just a coworker, he didn't really know him.

Luckily the cop didn't notice that my license expired yesterday. The first cop who came looked kind of like Paul but with a lame mustache instead of an awesome one. He took notes on his hand instead of a notepad, which was kind of weird.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2837 on: May 23, 2008, 09:59:49 pm »

Maybe he left it on the table at Denny's.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2838 on: May 23, 2008, 10:12:14 pm »

Maybe he forgot his camera?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2839 on: May 23, 2008, 11:25:21 pm »

...so I was driving along...

Yeah, Pedro and I noticed that today must be National Be A Douche On The Road Day.  A semi turned left out of a parking lot and blocked three lanes in front of me just as an ambulance turned on its siren behind me; another dude turned left from the center lane on a red light when the left-turn lane got a green arrow, and nearly sideswiped the guy who was turning legally; I backed into someone in the carpool lane because she managed to move within six inches of my rear bumper in the amount of time between checking my mirror and putting my car from "P" into "R." 

Something in the water today. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2840 on: May 24, 2008, 04:09:33 am »

Today I learned that the Rolling Thunder protesters get a police escort to their hotel. And that cars will attempt to merge into a line of 300 motorcycles even when they have a police escort.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2841 on: May 24, 2008, 06:45:59 am »

hey hey how bout them free speech zonez

they're extreme because of the unnecessary z
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2842 on: May 24, 2008, 08:58:54 am »

I had an exam panic dream last night, but in it I managed to convince myself I'd actually done quite well (even though it was the classic kind where you just find yourself failing entirely to write anything).

I'm clearly far too relaxed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2843 on: May 24, 2008, 03:23:04 pm »

I dreamed that I saw an octopus I used to work with, and it was so excited to see me that it jumped out of the tub it was in and was hugging and suckering me. WTF.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2844 on: May 24, 2008, 04:32:45 pm »

weird, I had a  dream where I realized that I was in several crazy psych classes, and one crazy music class, which I had stopped going to, and so I knew I would fail.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2845 on: May 25, 2008, 06:39:54 am »

Eat leftover chicken that I forgot in the car last night.  I hope it doesn't kill me.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2846 on: May 25, 2008, 08:27:08 am »

Revise like nobody's watching; write practise essays like I've never been hurt. Learn quotations like nobody's listening; brush up on translating particularly difficult passages of Sir Gawayn and že Grene Knyȝt like it's heaven on earth.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2847 on: May 25, 2008, 09:51:47 am »

I dreamed that I saw an octopus I used to work with
In my head I see an octopus with a tie carrying a coffee mug. You run into him on the subway and it's kind of awkward because you never had much in common outside work but he just won't leave you alone. Awesome.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2848 on: May 25, 2008, 01:45:36 pm »

In my head I see an octopus with a tie carrying a coffee mug. You run into him on the subway and it's kind of awkward because you never had much in common outside work but he just won't leave you alone. Awesome.

That is beautiful.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2849 on: May 25, 2008, 03:24:48 pm »

Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 878   Go Up