Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris waited all day for the Comcast repair guy, and he never showed up. What is he supposed to do with this cream pie?

Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349999 times)

0 Members and 144 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2955 on: June 19, 2008, 06:03:28 pm »

.d a hoss leaning on me with a hoof between my thighs

This sounds a bit, um, nerve-wracking?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2956 on: June 20, 2008, 02:00:44 pm »

Hopefully get to mess around with the Spore Creature Creator. I downloaded it yesterday but didn't get a chance to install it. My video card just bare meets the minimum requirements, so I'm not sure how it will work out.

I assume the release of this is why JL wasn't around yesterday.

Hope that work has some kind of random power outage so I can go home and play with the Creature Creator some more.

I know I'll be bored with it in a week but for now it is so awesome. I especially like their little dances.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2957 on: June 20, 2008, 02:18:56 pm »

Think of me in the half squat with leather half chaps

*faints*
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2958 on: June 21, 2008, 12:51:32 pm »

...play hooky from my current nursing responsibilities and run screaming into Manhattan for reindeer games with the other guys from my band, who both happen to be on this coast at the same time.  Yay!
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2959 on: June 21, 2008, 05:52:08 pm »


Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2960 on: June 21, 2008, 11:23:52 pm »

...attend a get-together of Charlotte chihuahua owners. Wasn't real sure what to expect, but it ended up being a lot of fun. Our two started out being buttmunches, but as more chihuahuas arrived, they calmed down. And I wasn't the only straight guy there, although all four of us who were there came with our wives.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2961 on: June 21, 2008, 11:58:49 pm »

Pictures?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2962 on: June 22, 2008, 12:57:53 am »

Pictures?


Chloe (l) and Baxter (r) planning their attack on the rest of the group.


Thwarted in their efforts by their parents.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2963 on: June 23, 2008, 02:02:47 pm »

I came incredibly close, for the first time in my life, to saying "excuse me young lady, just WHO do you think you're talking to!?" to this little biatch from the oldest cabin who sassed me when I told her to stop fuck*ng my guys over in Capture The Flag.

I spent 3 days in the woods with 14 10-year olds and only 2 other adults. It was fun, but pretty exasperating. I officially love backpacking so much, and I think I am starting to get into the kind of good-shape that I have always admired. The kind that comes with carrying things that need to be carried, and walking long distances in tough terrain. I felt pretty badass at the end of that trip, as much as it was probably a cakewalk compared to the hike we would take if there weren't kids there.

"Daniel, how many feet are in a mile?"
"5,280 feet, Meredith, why?"
"I was just... I... my mom told me that once."
"What?"
*10 year-old starts sobbing because she misses her mommy*

ummm... it is amazing to me the degree to which young girls are raised to feel helpless about things. So many times little girls asked me for help, I said "why don't you try it yourself?" only for them to do it with ease. This part, actually, happened for both genders.
The part unique to the girls was that some percentage of the time when I said that, they started crying until I did it for them.

Yeah, I guess more updates later. I need breakfast.

what I like the most about working here is that I'm learning skills that make me feel like I can actually do any goddamn thing.
I learned to start a fire with quartz and steel, for one. I made a perfect golden-brown marshmallow. I forget the rest of my proud-list, but it's coming along.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2964 on: June 23, 2008, 02:17:57 pm »


ummm... it is amazing to me the degree to which young girls are raised to feel helpless about things. So many times little girls asked me for help, I said "why don't you try it yourself?" only for them to do it with ease. This part, actually, happened for both genders.
The part unique to the girls was that some percentage of the time when I said that, they started crying until I did it for them.


Arg, arg, this is so true.  I have seen it in my friend's kids.  While waiting at the airport to pick up my friend's husband Friday -- his plane was in a holding pattern for an hour because Air Force One was taking off, I kid you not -- I had to make a rule that my seven-year-old companion had to try each level three times before asking me for help with the game she was playing on my cell phone. 

After I made that rule she did not have to ask for my help again. 

Why do kids today -- especially girls, it seems -- think that everything ought to be easy? 

I try to teach my kids that things are more fun when you have to work at them a little, but who knows if I will succeed. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2965 on: June 23, 2008, 11:46:11 pm »

And also maybe because it's just easier to solve it for them so they'll shut up for a second.

The cynical bit of me says it's mainly this.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2966 on: June 24, 2008, 02:04:40 am »

I stayed up half the night with a vomiting infant, had my after-dinner guests cancel, and got rear-ended while both my kids were in the car -- the first accident I've been involved in since becoming a parent.  (Everyone is fine; the worst part of the accident was that it woke the baby.)  Altogether a crappy series of events. 

But somehow, it doesn't *feel* crappy.  I don't feel bad, and the kids were pretty reasonably well-behaved even in awful circumstances (stuck in a parking lot with nothing to do in 90 degree heat waiting for a cop to come and write up a police report, before dinner.)  Pearce didn't even repeat the curse word Pedro reflexively shouted on impact -- one of Carlin's seven dirties -- which was a nice bonus.  So although lots of bad things happened, it could have been a lot, lot, lot worse. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2967 on: June 24, 2008, 02:48:48 am »

...make my first tentative steps towards learning to knit.  I basically have JL to blame for this.  All buying Stitch 'n Bitch and using my shiny red patent leather purse as a knitting bag.  I have been so looking forward to this.  Learning a new craft over the summer rocks!

... ponder the meaning of two very old ladies I know commenting on how "different" I am.  "That Melanie, she always has to be different" they said.  "She's different.  She's always got to be different."  It was clearly not a compliment based on their tone, and yet I strive for the extraordinary, and in find deep meaning in all lifes processes or not doing them at all.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2968 on: June 24, 2008, 03:10:40 am »

I wouldn't sweat it Mel (and I doubt that you are) sounds like those two have got being ordinary and expected covered for you. Be goddamn extraordinary and don't let others guilt you for showing how great they could have been had they the courage to try.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #2969 on: June 24, 2008, 04:20:01 am »

God bless Melanie for being different. 
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 878   Go Up