Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Awww yeah who is CATHOLIC up in this piece?!?!" -- you never hear that any more.

Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1346864 times)

0 Members and 192 Guests are viewing this topic.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3120 on: July 23, 2008, 05:20:00 pm »

I took mine in to the dealer

See, that's where you went wrong right there. 

I took my last car into the dealer to have a faulty door lock actuator replaced.  Hundreds and hundreds of dollars gone.

Then the actuator on the other side went.  I gave the motorhead kid next door a hundred bucks to find the part and install it.  Done and done.

All car dealership repair shops must be destroyed.  Find a local mechanic and stick with them.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3121 on: July 23, 2008, 06:21:15 pm »

This is how honest my local non-dealer car fixing place is: I once took my car in to fix something trivial, and they asked me how old the car was, and then told me that I should take it to the dealer because that sort of brokenness would still be under warranty and wouldn't cost anything.

I explained to them that I knew that, but that it was worth fifty bucks or whatever it was to have them do it, five blocks away from me, because it basically fucks up my whole day to take the car to the very far away inconveniently located dealership. I left out the part about how they made me want to give them the fifty bucks just because they told me that.

They clearly thought I was a little off, but they went ahead and did it anyway.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3122 on: July 23, 2008, 06:25:28 pm »

See, that's where you went wrong right there. 

I took my last car into the dealer to have a faulty door lock actuator replaced.  Hundreds and hundreds of dollars gone.

Then the actuator on the other side went.  I gave the motorhead kid next door a hundred bucks to find the part and install it.  Done and done.

All car dealership repair shops must be destroyed.  Find a local mechanic and stick with them.

I know better than to have real work done there but it seems generally worth it for the free oil changes. Although they do take twice as long as Jiffy Lube. I think Edmunds has some article about going undercover at a car dealership where they say most dealers actually make like 46% of their money from the service dept.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3123 on: July 23, 2008, 06:28:14 pm »

I stopped going to the dealership when they once told me that I needed to change the brake "master cylinder" and replace all my pad kits because the Brake Master Warning light was red. This was some extreme cost, so I asked to see the light. It was the emergency brake light, indicating someone had engaged the parking/emergency brake. If the dealership can't decode the parking brake light, Im going somewhere else.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3124 on: July 24, 2008, 01:05:33 am »

If the dealership can't decode the parking brake light, Im going somewhere else.

 They can decode it, they were just betting that you couldn't.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3125 on: July 24, 2008, 08:17:51 am »

... come down from the mountain a day early because the rain did not want to stop and we couldn't get any more walking done.
Went down a couple of beautiful trails though, I may post pics if I ever remember to get them developed (Forgot the digital so it was all on a disposable. Retro stylez!)
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3126 on: July 25, 2008, 02:58:00 pm »

Today Im golfing my fuck*ng heart out. This is the first time in forever that we won't be taking a case of beer, so well so how it burns down.
Yes my going golfing is directly a result of Ray going golfing in the GQ achewood strip. We saw the strip and said "this is America, we can live that dream".
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3127 on: July 26, 2008, 04:16:03 pm »

so.
I really need/want to take an anthropology class this semester, but none will really fit my schedule. I am pretty sure I want to change my focus within my major from linguistics to anthropology, and this is hard to do if I cannot take a single class.
Oof. I am optimistic, though.

But yeah, camp is kind of dragging suddenly. All new kids, and I have lost all of my energy. It might just be that I am really tired. I am working on it, though.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3128 on: July 27, 2008, 02:02:30 am »

Trip to Carmax to sell our unneeded 2nd car. It wasn't actually that bad.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3129 on: July 27, 2008, 05:13:15 pm »

...finally find the setting on my camera that lets me take pictures indoors!

Seriously, whoever designed these menus needs to spend a long time in a special place in Hell where nothing you click on makes any sense.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3130 on: July 27, 2008, 09:25:06 pm »

...play in games 11 & 12 of the inaugural Vitality lacrosse summer league, men's open division.  The experience to date has been simultaneously affirming and humbling.  Yes, I'm good enough to play with these guys - but holy God, the skills they developed playing since they were 8 or whatever instead of 20 are something to see.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3131 on: July 29, 2008, 03:42:17 am »

clean up this kid's liquid shit, and smile at him, and tell him that YES he needs to take a shower, and let him keep thinking that I don't know that it was him (another counselor took him to the nurse at the time, he apparently thinks that counselors do not talk to each other.)
At some point I might pull him aside and mention that I know who it was, and since I was so respectful to that person, maybe they could be a little more respectful to me instead of having a horrible attitude.

also I feel like there are other stories, but I forget what they are right now.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3132 on: July 29, 2008, 04:30:34 pm »

yeah. I feel like I am 1/1000000th repaid to my parents for all the times they probably did that for me. I don't remember that happening when I was 12, but, maybe.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3133 on: August 02, 2008, 02:49:31 pm »

TODAY AND TODAY ONLY IS THE WORLD FAMOUS HAAAAAAMMMMMBLEEETONIANNNNNNN hoss race!

Ive been going to this hoss race every year for as long as I can remember.  There is nothing I enjoy about harnessed trot racing, but this is the Kentucky Derby of harnessed trot racing so we kind of feel obligated to go.
(The tradition began many moons ago when we both simultaneously, at different locations, consumed a vast amount of Rumplemintz and were so hung over we couldn't live anywhere but a hoss track)
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3134 on: August 02, 2008, 04:41:30 pm »

Wow, this kind of racing still exists? Old school.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 878   Go Up