Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood It's National Johnny Cash Raise Hell Awareness Saturday Night. Go out and Fuck Shit Up in a Way That You Believe In!

Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1346987 times)

0 Members and 199 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3210 on: August 19, 2008, 05:42:11 pm »

yeah, I am pretty consumed by the "collect all 27!" mentality of my childhood pop culture.

speaking of which, to update: I gambled with my gastro-intestinal tract (the untreated water gambit) and got away with just minor discomfort for a few days.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3211 on: August 19, 2008, 10:08:32 pm »

goddamnit, it would cost over a hundo to ship my amplifier to St Louis. I guess this is not happening, then.
This kind of messes up all of my fantasies and dreams for my life. IT IS ALL OVER, DON'T TRY TO CONSOLE ME.

Anyway, I am packing stuff for school. Fun fun. The rest of the week, when I am not packing, is consumed by every kind of health appointment possible.

How big is it? A dude might be able to help a dude.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3212 on: August 20, 2008, 07:01:12 pm »

A fairy tale indeed. 

No man could live happily ever after without a chick around to clean up his messes and provide semi-regular BJs. 

Holding in farts is the price you pay to never scrub skid marks of your own under#####. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3213 on: August 20, 2008, 09:48:58 pm »

today I got new glasses. They are AWESOME. I almost got some really cool retro-style ones that my mom thought were too big, but I had second thoughts. I will get them in the mail in a week or so, and you can bet your butt you're getting pictures.

So then I drove for like 10 minutes with my eyes hell of dilated with those little fake-sunglasses on, looking for the dentist's office. Ends up there are literally 4 dentists offices within 100 yards, and I forgot my dentist's name.

Also, I got locked in an emergency exit staircase. All of the doors into it were one-way doors that locked once I entered, and the goddamned fire escape door DIDN'T HAVE A HINGE ON IT. it was bolted to the wall. DEATH TRAP.

Golfhaus-- it is like 3x2x1, weighs 43 lbs.
I think the prices I got were for air mail, I am going to take it to Fed Ex and ask what the price would be for ground shipping. My friend says it only cost like 50$ to send his to NYC.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3214 on: August 20, 2008, 10:34:26 pm »

Not enough information! So how did you get out??
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3215 on: August 20, 2008, 11:10:51 pm »

I was mildly alarmed to think Ash was smoking a morning cig.  I know he partakes of an annual can of 'baccy, but I was pretty sure the Not Dying plan included not smoking.  Yes, I finally figured out he was relaying someone else's story.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3216 on: August 20, 2008, 11:47:00 pm »

oh, man, I forgot all the details.

I enter the staircase on the second floor. I walked down. All the other doors were one-way, with no doorknob on the inside. I got down, and tried to open the door. No dice. I pushed again, harder.
tilt up, zoom in on where the little pneumatic-like door thing should be (you know what I mean)-- it is not there. Just bolts sticking out of the ceiling.

I was already really freaking out about being lost, eyes being dilated... so I called my dad and said "dad, what do I do in this situation."
Then I heard voices on the other side of one door, and I knocked on it and they let me in.
They said they had never looked through that door before, they didn't know what it was.

They asked if I was the computer guy.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3217 on: August 21, 2008, 12:25:44 am »

Today my mom decided to pay a dude to have our basement completely redone to protect against mold, flooding, and moisture. This will involve digging up a large portion of the floor. Result: I am throwing out my childhood shit, wholesale, to the curb.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3218 on: August 21, 2008, 04:10:04 am »

...review Beijing 2008 for PC. 

In case anyone was wondering, NO, you should NOT buy this game. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3219 on: August 21, 2008, 04:48:41 am »

can you just be michael phelps for every swimming event?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3220 on: August 21, 2008, 07:49:43 am »

Damnit, Ash get's a can but not as big as one if that had happened to him personally. He shall have to settle for a tiny can.
That was ridiculously hilarious. Though it's an interesting lifestyle contrast that I'm not sure what my 'baseline' is for blood thirsty.

Inev: That happened to me at about 10pm a few weeks after my work moved into a new  building, it's a weird feeling to be suddenly trapped in perfectly normal architecture.

Today I am well again and my boss is loading me down with stuff that I can actually do quite easily so I feel ridiculously productive.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3221 on: August 21, 2008, 04:14:05 pm »

Sorry for your loss, Ash.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3222 on: August 21, 2008, 04:44:06 pm »

Today, after I leave work I'm NOT gonna fire up my MSN Messenger when I get home, nor will I waste hours perusing various message boards. I will NOT play music in my computer, nor will I watch all the anime I've been downloading.

Today I WILL force my ass to stay put in my swivel chair, in my bedroom, and keep on fighting to drive some meaning & beauty into the amorphous pile of words that's my novel's manuscript in its current stage.

(FUCK, just remembered I fixed to meet some friends in the pub after work today. FUCK.)
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3223 on: August 21, 2008, 05:04:15 pm »

Likewise I swore that I would spend today working on a book proposal that I've been threatening to write for several months.

But, it is the end of August. Everyone is on vacation. My brain has gone along with them. Along with all of my ambition, drive, and faith that this idea is anything but nonsense.

I even consulted the I Ching hoping it would tell me to forget about it and go out and look for an honest job, but unfortunately it seemed rather enthusiastic about sticking with the book idea.

I need someone to go to a pub with, dammit.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3224 on: August 21, 2008, 07:28:43 pm »

My condolences, Ash.  Sucks to lose people, even more when they're good people.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 878   Go Up