Move into our HELL OF AWESOME apartment. Find out that despite what they told us, the furniture that comes with it is nicer than what was in our dorm-- which is a plus. Except that the bed is a full size instead of a twin, so I have to buy all new sheets. My roommate mentioned drinking, parties to be held at our apartment, drinking, and vaguely referred to fuck*ng in front of my mom. He tells me I should have warned him if it wasn't OK to mention drinking. Do other people talk to their parents about these things? Weird. We went to an Indian restaurant where my mom made me embarrassed, and then I felt like a dick for being embarrassed by my mom. We bought a ton of stuff, but we are still missing basic things like lamps and shelves and food. My room has a beautiful view of the alley, trash cans, and the building behind ours.
So far our best buy has been a George Foreman grill. We will make Paninis on it.
Oh, also, we went to my friend's house to get my stuff from his basement, and the kitchen counter was entirely covered in bottles of alcohol. That was cute for my mom to see.
edit: I know that my mom knows that alcohol exists, and knows that college kids drink. I just feel weird about this stuff.