Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1342125 times)

0 Members and 125 Guests are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3390 on: September 19, 2008, 06:16:53 am »

well, inev, they can't all be winners.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3391 on: September 19, 2008, 07:12:45 am »

Quote
Meatballs fell apart, fat rendered, what started as meatballs in tomato sauce with onions turned into... raw ground beef floating in a watery tomato-juice.
Yer doin it wrong. not enough egg? too much breadcrumb?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3392 on: September 19, 2008, 02:06:13 pm »

there are a lot of theories.

To be clear, i did not have any input into this food. When I make food, it comes out of a box, and it is always tasty and not disgusting.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3393 on: September 19, 2008, 09:08:07 pm »


Towards An Ontology of T.O.U.A.M.B, A Demi-Real Thought-Space

A Theoretical/Scientific Examination

None of you are real.



just now I ate the first failure of cooking in our apartment's history. Meatballs fell apart, fat rendered, what started as meatballs in tomato sauce with onions turned into... raw ground beef floating in a watery tomato-juice. My roommate turned up the heat so the meat was cooked but... that's about it.

ew, ew, ew. for some reason looking at it made me think of mad cow disease.

Did you knobs NOT cook the meatballs before putting them into the sauce?

Brown them up in a frying pan, then bake them to cook through. THEN throw them i to flavor your sauce. Always cook your meat before throwing it into a sauce. There is a reason there are almost no dishes that are called 'boiled meat'.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3394 on: September 19, 2008, 09:44:48 pm »

again: I have no idea what he did. He used a recipe his mom uses. He called her and told her what he did, and she told him that he did it right.

But yeah, when he told me he put the meatballs into the sauce raw, I kind of thought that that was the problem.

Considering this guy has made a long list of delicious meals for us, though, I decided not to risk telling him that that sounded stupid.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3395 on: September 20, 2008, 04:30:22 am »

I'm just amazed none of you spent 8 hours blowing out your o-ring after eating that.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3396 on: September 21, 2008, 04:53:08 am »

Look, im an open minded individual. I have adapted my beliefs over time. However, every of the past three weeks of school, the Minority Student Union has had a fight/stabbing that has resulted in the entire school being shut down. At a school where most students are white, southern, conservative, and closet racists, the Minority (Black) Student Union has done nothing but attract violence in a way unknown before their formation. How are these prejudicial students ever going to learn when a home entirely inhabited by black students is the sole location of fights and stabbings?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3397 on: September 21, 2008, 07:28:53 am »

HSC has a Minority Student Union.

Good lord, that school. It is like, it is like the map of that school is a Confederate Battle Flag, but where the stars are the sites of hate crimes.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3398 on: September 21, 2008, 08:25:50 am »

HSC has a Minority Student Union.

Good lord, that school. It is like, it is like the map of that school is a Confederate Battle Flag, but where the stars are the sites of hate crimes.
Except the crimes arent hate crimes. They are 100% black on black crimes. The MSU admittedly attracts a "townie" element that "causes problems."
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3399 on: September 21, 2008, 05:54:02 pm »

yeah, except, I have heard some things about that school.

mostly about hating on gay dudes, though, not so much hating on black dudes.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3400 on: September 23, 2008, 07:25:24 pm »

Eeeek! Holy shit, Ash, wouldn't it be better to, like, stay home and play computer games?

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3401 on: September 23, 2008, 09:19:34 pm »

I've never met a puma. But here is a picture of a toy that the lions and tigers at the zoo have played with. It's made of very very hard thick plastic, much harder than any part of your body.



A curator at the zoo just told me that the manufacturer calls these "the almost-indestructible ball" and says "we used to call it the indestructible ball until one of our clients gave it to a lion."

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3402 on: September 23, 2008, 11:29:09 pm »

i am pretty tired today because I have gotten on a bad sleep schedule. Not too much work to do. Trying to figure out a good incentive system to get kids to review CDs for the radio station.

Here are my new glasses. I like them.

You can't tell, but they're actually this cool semi-translucent grey material... I want to say it's like a grey tortoiseshell?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3403 on: September 24, 2008, 11:24:31 pm »

...find out that Mrs. Haus is having a girl.

 :)
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3404 on: September 25, 2008, 03:04:08 pm »

I know that that's supposed to be his moose-beard or whatever, but the red moose looks as if he is screaming in terror.

Today I will do homework, work out, and go to the comic store, but not necessarily in that order.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 878   Go Up