Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348919 times)

0 Members and 216 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3555 on: October 21, 2008, 05:31:52 pm »

my friend got pretty fed up with me when I wrote out this incredibly long statement in the system of notation we are learning which said "there exists a thing, such that it is a house, and it is in new orleans, and it is called the rising sun, and it is the only thing such that it is a house, and it is in new orleans, and it is called the rising sun."

What the hell, are you guys learning Inform 7 or something?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3556 on: October 21, 2008, 05:49:49 pm »

i dont know what that is. we are learning first-order logic.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3557 on: October 21, 2008, 06:25:28 pm »

...fail to wriggle my way out of doing a Christmas Pet Gift Guide story.

I hate doing these. HATE. Help me out here. Anyone buy anything fantastic or funny for their pets lately?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3558 on: October 21, 2008, 06:28:38 pm »

...fail to wriggle my way out of doing a Christmas Pet Gift Guide story.

I hate doing these. HATE. Help me out here. Anyone buy anything fantastic or funny for their pets lately?
My mom buys the cats presents every year, usually catnip or some new toy. Inevitably, however, the cats find the wrapping paper the most entertaining part of Christmas.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3559 on: October 21, 2008, 06:44:51 pm »

People buy christmas presents for their pets?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3560 on: October 21, 2008, 06:55:48 pm »

Inevitably, however, the cats find the wrapping paper the most entertaining part of Christmas.

Yeah, this would be the central item in the "Cheap Christmas gifts for pets in a recession" story. But I think we're not going to go there.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3561 on: October 21, 2008, 07:13:43 pm »

Do not believe these liars on the internet who tell you to smear toothpaste on your electronic devices. It does not remove scratches of any caliber. They are liars, these people, liars who will go to hell. I've been played the fool by the internet. And I will have my revenge.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3562 on: October 21, 2008, 07:15:59 pm »

it's very good for cleaning tarnished silver, though.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3563 on: October 21, 2008, 08:32:52 pm »

lion = mountain lion/puma?

Or is the King of the Jungle himself roaming the woods in California?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3564 on: October 21, 2008, 09:22:04 pm »

man, it is so sad to me that those guys and wolves are extinct up in the area where I was this summer.

...not that I would have wanted to be camping with a bunch of 10 year olds in carolina panther/wolf territory.

They found a mountain lion track on camp property back in the late 70s, though. Which is pretty cool.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3565 on: October 21, 2008, 09:29:17 pm »

and one of the guys there told me a lion was shot on opening day in self defense...at about 10 feet. He said that was up near seven oaks."

Well, there's one less cat to worry about then, isn't there?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3566 on: October 21, 2008, 11:44:36 pm »

No Christmas presents for those kitties!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3567 on: October 21, 2008, 11:56:46 pm »

...fail to wriggle my way out of doing a Christmas Pet Gift Guide story.

I hate doing these. HATE. Help me out here. Anyone buy anything fantastic or funny for their pets lately?

To judge by my cat's behavior, the top cat gifts:

A Small Wobbly Stand
Some Cardboard To Sit On, Under, Or Surrounded By
Really Old Leather (delicious)
A Plastic Tub That Some Fresh Mozzarella Spoiled In (also delicious)
A Plastic Milk Jug Cap

We bought her some toys at one point but then we noticed it was pretty pointless because these are things she prefers.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3568 on: October 22, 2008, 12:41:17 am »

For ours it's the Thing on Top of Another Thing. Like if there's a shirt on the bed, it's better to lie on the shirt than anywhere else on the bed; if there's a magazine on the table, it's better to sit on top of the magazine, etc.

This would all be better than what I really have to come up with.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3569 on: October 22, 2008, 01:24:21 am »

The cats around my place seem mostly to entertain themselves by making kittens.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 878   Go Up