Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348862 times)

0 Members and 220 Guests are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3900 on: December 10, 2008, 06:05:20 am »

"That time I won a whiskey drinking contest and went into a coma. I won a bottle of tequila that night!"

"That time I dropped a bunch of acid and woke up, naked lying on a rock three days later in the woods, covered in birdshit!"

"That time I mediated a dispute between the planet Saturn and the concept of triangles!"

Yeah. Oh man, "I had some sex in college" would've been so completely normal compared to Dad's stories.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3901 on: December 11, 2008, 03:54:32 am »

"That time I mediated a dispute between the planet Saturn and the concept of triangles!"

LFM and his dad owe me a new laptop, because I just spit Coke all the hell over this one.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3902 on: December 11, 2008, 05:56:27 am »

Oh yeah, that was can worthy.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3903 on: December 12, 2008, 02:43:44 am »

Fuck it, we played firetrucks and ate chocolate chip cookies in the secret early morning hours. You can't buy that action.

Ash's night beats my own, but then having a fever in like 80% humidity isn't hard to beat.

You know though, I don't see why I need a toddler to justify playing firetrucks and eating cookies. I'ma go get some people on this on asap.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3904 on: December 12, 2008, 03:08:04 am »

Today I tried playing Raquetball for the first time. Pretty fun, but I am pretty horrible at hitting things with things and having them go where I want.
At least my roommate is pretty bad too, so the final scores were like 6-11 instead of 0-11. Maybe he was taking it easy on me, if he was it was pretty smart because now I want to keep playing with him.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3905 on: December 12, 2008, 03:27:25 am »

I prefer squash to raquetball. The ball goes slower which is much better for my slow-ass reflexes. Plus the metal dealie a the bottom of the wall makes an awesome sound.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3906 on: December 12, 2008, 03:54:51 am »

yeah, that sounds wonderful. Slower ball would be great.
As it is, there was a lot of realizing the ball was coming at me, and just kind of flailing.

I am glad I grew up in an era where it is mostly OK for a guy to be this bad at sports.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3907 on: December 12, 2008, 04:43:41 am »

...wake up in Phoenix three hours before my meeting starts. Go to meeting and feel like I don't really belong. Then go to dinner with people I work with on various things, who I tend to consider myself closer to professionally than the people in my office. Dinner is at a place where the servers dress like nurses. Our nurse is HAWT, and double-majoring in Automotive Repair and Radiology. She's also gotten her job figured out to a T, bending exactly the right way, jumping up on the counter exactly the right way, flirting exactly the right way... the three of us are being played for saps, and we all know it, and none of us care. A complete pro.

Now, I'm on hour three of five in the Phoenix airport waiting for my red-eye flight back east.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3908 on: December 12, 2008, 05:33:52 am »

double-majoring in Automotive Repair and Radiology.

What a wonderfully complex individual. I always love dealing with sales people (or similar) who know their job that well, I can definitely associate with the 'I'm getting played but I don't care because they're so good at it' feeling.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3909 on: December 12, 2008, 05:41:34 am »

That waitress/nurse/mechanic/radiologist sounds like Polly.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3910 on: December 12, 2008, 09:29:14 am »

Where did I hear about the Heart Attack Grill before? That's where you went, right? I heard the burgers there are as awesome as the waitresses' outfits.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3911 on: December 12, 2008, 09:30:55 am »

Man, raquetball is so fun.  I wish I could still play, but what can you do.  Actually, I think I am getting a trial month to a gym, so I probably can play.

Today, I actually met people in Denver.  People who aren't crazy or old or who want to fight me.  People who are generally into the same things as me, and dig on cool music and stuff.
So that is good.

One of them knows about and likes Achewood, so yeah, that is groovy too.  
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3912 on: December 12, 2008, 01:35:43 pm »

Dinner is at a place where the servers dress like nurses.

WTF seriously?

Why are nurses sexy? Is it that people have mostly never actually been a hospital patient? It's not usually a pleasant experience, you know?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3913 on: December 12, 2008, 02:22:37 pm »

WTF seriously?

Why are nurses sexy? Is it that people have mostly never actually been a hospital patient? It's not usually a pleasant experience, you know?

I think it's a sponge-bath thing. But as any Halloween costume seller can tell you any profession is sexy if you make the outfit slutty enough.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3914 on: December 12, 2008, 06:37:24 pm »

Basically anything with the word 'butt' in it is unbelievably hilarious to a child.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 878   Go Up