Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Young man on the #6 bus, The Doors were not a British band.

Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348835 times)

0 Members and 224 Guests are viewing this topic.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3915 on: December 12, 2008, 08:56:31 pm »

..go see MC Frontalot live. Good times hopefully.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3916 on: December 13, 2008, 02:27:46 am »

man, this is like the worst thing in the world.
These girls invited us to their house, and said that one of our roommates is not invited.
How are we supposed to pull this off? Do they know that he lives with us?

Ridiculous.

I mean, girls hit on me incredibly aggressively in a really creepy way, and I still invite them over.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3917 on: December 13, 2008, 02:28:00 am »

Today, I'm going and buying GOF, gettin' it signed.

This should be interesting.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3918 on: December 13, 2008, 02:31:35 am »

Pictures!

/wombat
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3919 on: December 13, 2008, 08:09:47 am »

No picture taking device on-hand and... I'm not really a pictures guy. Insecurity about my weight? About a two hour wait. Abbots Habit coffeeshop nearby made it much more pleasant. On line with Will, close friend from college, only Achewood fan I know from outside of this board.

Passed time waiting discussing writing projects, trying to creep out the people ahead of us in line for fun with more and more outlandish rants...

(what is there was a cure for all diseases but it carried with it the rare side-effect of becoming a rapist? if a rapist and a werewolf got in a fight who would win? a reality show about a socially-awkward mutual friend, sending him to the hospital rooms of the terminally-ill to accompany them with their final hours. what if we hired an actress to stand in line and introduce herself as his daughter, grown up and travelled back in time to prevent his assassination? sexual fantasies about the obviously-lesbian but moderately attractive cashier: would we have to explain to her what a c*ck is and how it works? is it sexually harassing to a co-worker if they accidentally barge in on you masturbating in the bathroom? and so forth.)

...basically again just to pass the time. Claimed to passersby inquiring as to the nature of the line: "Slayer's signing autographs". Adjacent tattoo parlor owner constantly harassing line people to not block his doorway. Discussed the idea of claiming to said tattooist that we "invented" the barbed wire tattoo or paying two strangers to get two halves of a pirate map tattooed on their arms, possibly getting a plumber to get a tramp stamp.

Onstad: very pleasant, firm handshake... as we had waited, he had walked the line a few times to apologize for the wait-time, and noted that I had been at the end of the line the first time. Discussed the pleasant absurdity of the situation, one person with a whole life story waiting for another person with a whole life story to sign something and then both lives continued as well as the way strangers requesting assistance are treated in San Francisco as opposed to Los Angeles (harassed versus pretending that no one was there).

Personalized drawing: Roast Beef with an iPod, feeling ambivalent about the ramifications of having an iPod.

A strange but overall nice experience. Rare that you can say "it was basically as I expected" in a good way but this was one of those times.

Other cashier wore a Dr. Girlfriend tee-shirt. Exchanged a "Go Team Venture". Nice touch.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3920 on: December 13, 2008, 03:37:56 pm »

No pictures, he could have made the whole thing up.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3921 on: December 13, 2008, 04:12:53 pm »

No pictures, he could have made the whole thing up.

There aren't enough ellipses for him to have made it up.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3922 on: December 13, 2008, 05:24:56 pm »

There aren't enough ellipses for him to have made it up.

That's a ... can.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3923 on: December 13, 2008, 11:44:11 pm »

if a rapist and a werewolf got in a fight who would win?

I have a comic in which this exact thing happens.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3924 on: December 13, 2008, 11:50:17 pm »

man, when I get my final grades and I have a D in logic, I think I will LOSE IT.

Screw you, 100-level class that I am almost-failing.

I really do not want to have to retake this class.


lately every discussion I get in turns into a discussion of Philosophy with a big P, and it is starting to really make me mad.
I am veering wildly between thinking that maybe I just don't get it, and thinking that it is all bullcrap. Maybe both.
I am going on a wild journey where each wikipedia entry I read requires me to read 5 more to understand it. Logical Positivism? Signifier/signified?
What a waste of (my/everyone's) time.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 03:17:50 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3925 on: December 14, 2008, 05:12:42 am »

Where did I hear about the Heart Attack Grill before? That's where you went, right? I heard the burgers there are as awesome as the waitresses' outfits.

That's the place. The burgers were awesome. The Cokes were served in glass bottles, and they give you little funnels to pour the shot into... none of that really mattered though when the waitress leaned on the counter (she was about five-foot-small-number) and got her feet up off the ground in a way that basically required you by city ordinance to stare at her ass.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3926 on: December 14, 2008, 08:34:32 am »

... get my first aid certificate and then get my bike stolen. I was taking this in stride until I realised how much hassle it's going to be if I want to bother making a police report and trying to get my house insurance to pay out for a new one. The theives and beaurocrats are conspiring against me!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3927 on: December 14, 2008, 09:05:24 am »

...go to a party where everyone gets naked. hm.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3928 on: December 14, 2008, 10:47:30 am »

As long as it is not dudes who are not getting naked, it is in your favor.

Assuming you swing that way from previous evidence.

Thieves and bureaucrats, they are the same thing.

Edit: Loreena McKennitt: Mmmm...
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #3929 on: December 14, 2008, 08:06:34 pm »

...go to a party where everyone gets naked. hm.

I think I can speak for everyone when I say we want to hear more of this story.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 878   Go Up