Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1344165 times)

0 Members and 197 Guests are viewing this topic.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4125 on: January 12, 2009, 02:08:02 am »

...watch the tail end of the whoopin' the Steelers put on the Chargers.  I didn't think we had a shot, but I was hoping for competitive at least...

Now I will put on ##### and go get a calzone from the restaurant down the hill, because nothing says "it's just a football game" like a pound of cheese.  Mmmm.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4126 on: January 12, 2009, 04:25:22 am »

going to get donuts right now. Score.

Also: she is really bad at scrabble.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4127 on: January 12, 2009, 04:27:43 am »

How the hell does a rumor, which turns out to  be totally false, get started about someone kicking ass at Scrabble?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4128 on: January 12, 2009, 04:47:57 am »

Those are the questions that make you feel good to be alive.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 05:12:47 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4129 on: January 12, 2009, 06:32:33 am »

this girl thought she had played against her, and she had not.

And of course, she sees (the girl from across the street) and says "so, I told DB that you are really good at scrabble, and he got all upset."
and she said "what!? I really AM bad at scrabble! Why did you think I was good at scrabble?"

So, we will play a game and bond over our mediocrity.

I played with roommates and friends tonight, and got last place but... not by as much as usual.

Then we went to get donuts. Delicious. It took a damn hour, though, because the guy driving wouldn't believe me that we were going south.
If the river is on our left, we are going SOUTH.
Ass.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4130 on: January 12, 2009, 07:24:32 am »

Now she's gonna get mad at you because you kick her ass at scramble and laugh at her when she starts crying.  You probably won't do the second part.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4131 on: January 12, 2009, 08:17:00 am »

throw the game, dan
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4132 on: January 12, 2009, 08:19:15 am »

I think we know how this is going to go down.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 10:01:03 am by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4133 on: January 12, 2009, 09:49:06 am »

Make sure you tell her about good rack management.

It won't make you more attractive but it will make her better at Scrabble. I suppose it's a question of how selgiraffe you are.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4134 on: January 12, 2009, 03:58:26 pm »

For me? Rapping. It is not that I am a great rapper by any means but so much better than I should be by my appearance.
Your stage name is Tiny M.C. and your flow is like left-wing Dennis Miller, but not as polished.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4135 on: January 12, 2009, 04:42:32 pm »

Quote
Make sure you tell her about good rack management.

I think this is a big part of what I am bad at at scrabble.

Today: first day of classes. Sweet.

I had a dream where after my city was bombed to the ground, I awoke to find out a wild dog was eating my leg. I had to cut him up with a can-opener to get him to let go.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 04:46:40 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4136 on: January 12, 2009, 07:26:11 pm »

You're going to Scrabble classes?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
TOUAMB Twitters
« Reply #4137 on: January 12, 2009, 07:43:30 pm »

I just turned off the heater and turned on the air conditioner.  How the fuck is that possible.

I think the name of this thread should be changed to TOUAMB Twitters.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4138 on: January 12, 2009, 11:10:47 pm »

not scrabble classes, college classes.

it is lame when I find out that I really need to drop one of my anthropology classes, despite liking them a lot as of day one. Hm.

I like how every anthropology/archaeology professor kind of acts like... they aren't Indiana Jones now, but they TOTALLY used to be, back when they were living in a hut in nepal or digging up inca ruins.

philosophy of mind: as horrible, pedantic, and boring as it sounds.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4139 on: January 12, 2009, 11:25:37 pm »

I had a dream where after my city was bombed to the ground, I awoke to find out a wild dog was eating my leg. I had to cut him up with a can-opener to get him to let go.

Been playing Fallout?
Or watching Du Levande (which isn't that relevant but is a totally awesome movie).
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 878   Go Up