Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Okay, Okay, enough of all that. New strip Wednesday afternoon. "  See, we shoulda took bets.

Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1342333 times)

0 Members and 162 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4140 on: January 12, 2009, 11:30:13 pm »

I do not know what made that dream happen.

new roommate seems to think that My food is Our food.
I am fine with that if he gives me money.

I was wondering if he thought that he was going to live on pb&j on white bread, which is all he had bought to eat.

we had a nice conversation where I managed to act like a normal human being instead of an anxious spazz, and we have agreed to alternate buying pasta/sauce/rice/kraft-mac type foods, and leave each other's other food alone.

Now for the passive-aggressive tallying of receipts every week to commence.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 01:28:16 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4141 on: January 13, 2009, 02:50:31 am »

...find out that the hives that I thought were stress and anxiety-related are actually scabies.

Just when I thought the day couldn't get worse.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4142 on: January 13, 2009, 03:01:05 am »

Nice pagebreak, Mr Haus. I know it doesn't help anything, but I gave you a can.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4143 on: January 13, 2009, 03:08:53 am »

Hopefully a tiny can of Dr Permethrin.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4144 on: January 13, 2009, 04:09:44 pm »

Today I'm gonna meet a potential piano teacher for Little P. 

Keep your fingers crossed that he turns out to be both competent as a musician and also not a child molester or serial rapist.  (I made sure Pedro could come home on his lunch hour for the meeting just in case.) 

I'll keep you posted. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4145 on: January 13, 2009, 05:03:08 pm »

...find out that the hives that I thought were stress and anxiety-related are actually scabies.

Just when I thought the day couldn't get worse.

You know, if you look at it right this is good news. 

Your life isn't so stressful that it caused you to break out in a rash.  You're just infested with bugs.  That's all.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4146 on: January 13, 2009, 05:26:15 pm »

...find out that the hives that I thought were stress and anxiety-related are actually scabies.

Just when I thought the day couldn't get worse.
Oh dude no, no way. Scabies are the worst. The idea of a tiny parasitic bug colonizing my skin is too much.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4147 on: January 13, 2009, 05:38:27 pm »

But bugs have a simple, straightforward chemical solution.  That's seldom true of life stress.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4148 on: January 13, 2009, 05:41:34 pm »

But bugs have a simple, straightforward chemical solution.  That's seldom true of life stress.

Quoted for wisdom.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4149 on: January 13, 2009, 06:00:33 pm »

The piano teacher turned out not to be a psychopath, so we're starting lessons on Monday.  As a bonus, P played Chopsticks for him.  (My mom taught him how last week.)  It was pretty cool. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4150 on: January 13, 2009, 09:14:08 pm »

my economic anthropology professor called me a yuppie.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4151 on: January 13, 2009, 09:39:50 pm »

my economic anthropology professor called me a yuppie.
Doesn't that require actual income? 
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4152 on: January 13, 2009, 09:54:16 pm »

yeah.

it was because I am from Charlotte, the most (y)Uppity of North Carolina cities.

Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4153 on: January 13, 2009, 11:31:27 pm »

my economic anthropology professor called me a yuppie.

Well he seems like the kind of person who should know.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4154 on: January 13, 2009, 11:44:06 pm »

he was kidding.This class looks like it will be incredibly awesome.

today, I am taking detailed notes on reading for my philosophy class, in hopes that I will understand what the heck is going on. I have never taken organized notes regularly on my reading for any class and... I hope I can stick with it.

also: if I stay with my old major, I need to take a large number of classes (like this philosophy class) that I do not want to take.
if I stick with Anthropology once and for all, I only have to take 4 more classes, one of which is an Intro class, and then take whatever stuff I am interested in. Did I mention that the four classes are all things that I want to take? And that taking these classes will also fulfill my only remaining graduation requirements?

I think my path becomes clear.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 12:07:46 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 275 276 [277] 278 279 ... 878   Go Up