Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1343056 times)

0 Members and 193 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4170 on: January 15, 2009, 06:08:34 pm »

IT IS 4 GODDAMN DEGREES. And my mom just friended me on facebook.

My mom wants me to help her sign up for FB. I cannot see it going well. She has to look at her hands to right click. She doesn't get that Groupwise is just an e-mail client, not a completely different concept from e-mail. She can't tell the URL bar and search bars apart.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4171 on: January 15, 2009, 07:01:56 pm »

Your son wins at Christmas.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4172 on: January 16, 2009, 12:22:39 am »

Mothers on Facebook are a worrying idea. Last time I broke up with a girl FB ensured my mother was asking me about within half an hour of me updating. Then again I guess there's that rule that you shouldn't put anything on the internet that you're not comfortable with the whole world knowing.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4173 on: January 16, 2009, 01:55:44 am »

Is our generation going to be a nightmare for our kids, or will we know better? I imagine they'll just come up with new ways of getting around our parental concern.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4174 on: January 16, 2009, 04:27:17 pm »

There was an article on Slate yesterday addressing Facebook holdouts, and advising us to submit.

I dunno.  Still can't do it.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4175 on: January 16, 2009, 04:42:28 pm »

MySpace is futile.
friendster is futile.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4176 on: January 16, 2009, 05:37:56 pm »

My friend commented that the biggest problem is that people above a certain age seem to not get that the wall is PUBLIC. "why did you and David break up? He was such a nice boy!"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4177 on: January 16, 2009, 05:54:04 pm »

Is our generation going to be a nightmare for our kids

Of course you are.

Don't be idiots like the baby boomers and assume you're so cool that it will be different - that will just annoy your kids even more.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4178 on: January 16, 2009, 05:58:36 pm »

Is our generation going to be a nightmare for our kids,

I know I'm doing my part.  And enjoying it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4179 on: January 16, 2009, 06:02:15 pm »

Of course you are.

Don't be idiots like the baby boomers and assume you're so cool that it will be different - that will just annoy your kids even more.

http://xkcd.com/166/

Make sure to read the alt text
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4180 on: January 16, 2009, 06:52:06 pm »

Is (or was) it ever OK to audibly use "pwned" in conversation? This girl who sits near me at work says it several times a day. "That client got totally pwned!" Her voice is loud and obnoxious, too.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4181 on: January 16, 2009, 07:13:29 pm »

Is (or was) it ever OK to audibly use "pwned" in conversation? This girl who sits near me at work says it several times a day. "That client got totally pwned!" Her voice is loud and obnoxious, too.

How do you even pronounce it? In my head it's "poned."



I got my pone on 6 times last night.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4182 on: January 16, 2009, 07:38:19 pm »

That's how she says it.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4183 on: January 16, 2009, 11:04:18 pm »

... buy some clothes on mega-sale.
Including a 250$ parka on sale for 80$.

it is so damn warm, and water- and wind-proof, and...
no more damn peacoat when it is 4 degrees. Also it is REI brand so there are no big obnoxious logos or bright colors. It is matte black.

Also: sweet dinner date.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4184 on: January 17, 2009, 12:56:15 am »

...get a call from the principal because my 13 year old son has a day of in school suspension for exclaiming "I have GOT to get OUT of HERE" and then getting up and flipping off his entire science class before exiting the room.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 878   Go Up