Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The next time you appreciate how nice large titties look, be happy and smile to yourself. You deserve it.

Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1346159 times)

0 Members and 171 Guests are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4380 on: March 21, 2009, 01:57:56 am »

Today I brought my computer to the nearest apple repair spot because I am the dude who spills drinks into his laptop. So now here I am, surfing the web on my blackberry.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4381 on: March 21, 2009, 02:10:16 am »

I spilt a cup of instant noodles all over my study notes the other day, mostly saved but now the page on pathogenesis of ulcers and microbilogy of the GIT is all yellow and gross looking.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4382 on: March 21, 2009, 04:14:40 am »

I knew I was a nerd, but I am looking at graduate programs in anthropology and... I am getting pretty hot and bothered.
"ooh, UC-Berkeley requires fluency in a language! And 3 classes worth of theory! *big ol geek-boner*."

It looks like this summer will be... a month in Paris taking anthropology classes, and then 6 weeks at Berkeley taking linguistics classes?

I feel like I am breaking some kind of rule. Some kind of not-making-money rule.
My parents are totally into me spending my summer in this way, but I feel kind of uncomfortable about it. The money I made last summer working at camp was a pittance by real-world standards, but at least I was doing something?


Today my tiny cousin told his preschool teacher "happy vernal equinox!"
So I guess the nerd-dom runs in the family.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4383 on: March 21, 2009, 04:27:25 am »

"Oh look kids! Nerds! And all of their little nerdlings!"

(Actual Far Side image redacted on request of author)
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4384 on: March 21, 2009, 03:37:18 pm »

You wanna see a nerdling?   Here's your nerdling:


(Click to embiggen)


And in answer to your question, yes, she is actually playing a video game. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4385 on: March 22, 2009, 04:49:07 am »

Today I will struggle with how I deal with a date that had incredible conversation but serious ambiguity about her intentions going forward. My main method of dealing with this is to put it out of my mind (ha, right) until I see her next.
Also trying to figure out why my bike isn't starting. As a corollory to this, why my spark plug wrench does not seem to be the right size for my spark plugs. Godammnit.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4386 on: March 22, 2009, 06:07:23 am »

Is it wrong to be attracted to a girl because she has the same mildly unhealthy relationship with alcohol that I do?

"oh, sorry for making you come to this party, you don't seem like you're having fun..."
"no, I'm totally having fun! Or, I will be, once I finish this drink, then I will be able to have fun. I can't have fun until I have drank enough gin."

I guess maybe this is normal?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4387 on: March 22, 2009, 06:18:33 am »

It is only wrong if you use it as an excuse to not have sex with her.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4388 on: March 22, 2009, 06:21:23 am »

dan'l = lyle?!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4389 on: March 22, 2009, 06:30:51 am »

I have already fulfilled my quota of not-having-sex-with this week.

...but this girl has a boyfriend. which is a much better excuse than "i can't come over to your place, I promised this gay dude he could sleep on my couch."

I felt bad, you see, for jokingly hitting on the gay dude when I did not realize he was gay.

edit: DON'T COPS HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO fuck*ng DO THAN SHUT DOWN OUR PARTIES!?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 06:45:56 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4390 on: March 24, 2009, 12:33:45 am »

Dan Hates Every Pig.

Not to put to fine a point on it,
say I'm the only bee in your bonnet.
Make a little birdhouse in your soul.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4391 on: March 24, 2009, 08:04:18 pm »

The pink is so intense, it defies the ability of a mere camera to capture it.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4392 on: March 25, 2009, 01:14:41 am »

It's shifting before our very eyes into non-visible spectrum.
The wrap is emitting pure energy!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4393 on: March 25, 2009, 01:28:34 am »

My God, it's full of stars.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4394 on: March 25, 2009, 06:47:30 am »

No matter what I do, I will always feel the need to argue with people on the internet.

it's like a disease.

but how I can I resist arguing about abortion? With people I agree with? Where the argument isn't about abortion per se, but about which of us is being an elitist condescending asshole?


it is also funny because they are philosophy students, and are stereotyping me as a touchy-feely social scientist who can't make logical arguments.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 07:28:28 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 878   Go Up