Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1346039 times)

0 Members and 167 Guests are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4395 on: March 25, 2009, 08:39:28 am »

Today I will not get paranoid and read too much into people's actions or lack of them.
For reals this time.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4396 on: March 25, 2009, 10:30:04 pm »

Playing "Amazing Grace" on the banjo is... more satisfying than anything I have ever played on the guitar. Ever. Except maybe Carter Family songs.
Even playing it with a pick, like some kind of disgusting rock and roll heathen.

Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4397 on: March 26, 2009, 02:43:26 am »

NEXT LEVEL:

"Bonny Portmore" while watchin' a Highlander marathon.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4398 on: March 26, 2009, 04:34:51 am »

Today, I realized that the bitch-fest my mom unleashed at me the other day about housing for next year was almost completely unwarranted.

basically she accused me of throwing away their money with no regard by being completely irresponsible, being spoiled for wanting to live off-campus, etc....
did a little research, and right now I'm/they're paying more than twice as much rent per month (to live in school-owned apartments), which is even less than I'd be paying to live in a dorm. So, instead of throwing their money away, I am saving it. Which is nice to realize.

I did the math and thought that I was wrong, and that school-owned apartments were only a tiny bit more, and include utilities...
and then I realized that, no, because the rent for a non-school apartment was listed in terms of TOTAL, and the rent for a school-owned place was listed in terms of PER PERSON.
So we would be paying... less than half as much, per person.

So, yeah, I found a kick-ass duplex to live in.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4399 on: March 26, 2009, 06:36:51 am »

I still can't figure out whether it's awesome or horrible that your school owns apartments.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4400 on: March 26, 2009, 07:43:25 am »

That is pretty common now.

Playing "Amazing Grace" on the banjo is... more satisfying than anything I have ever played on the guitar. Ever. Except maybe Carter Family songs.
Even playing it with a pick, like some kind of disgusting rock and roll heathen.


You've never played surf rock on guitar, eh?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 07:53:25 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4401 on: March 26, 2009, 01:20:09 pm »

I still can't figure out whether it's awesome or horrible that your school owns apartments.

My school had those, too. It's a lot like a dorm, but you get a kitchen and have to clean everything yourselves.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4402 on: March 26, 2009, 04:59:58 pm »

My school had those, too. It's a lot like a dorm, but you get a kitchen and have to clean everything yourselves.
In my case, the latter lead to a horrifying bathroom that resulted in lady callers going next door to the neighbors.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4403 on: March 28, 2009, 12:34:41 am »

Man...

I've been getting my haircuts for friends for a while, and lately they have been turning out awful. So I decided to spring for a "real" haircut.
Turns out, professionals can cut hair so that it looks like I cut it myself without a mirror.

Actually, no. It looks exactly like it looks when I am growing out a buzzcut.

Do I cut my losses and just buzz it off? Hm.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 12:40:25 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4404 on: March 28, 2009, 12:41:26 am »

Do I cut my losses and just buzz it off? Hm.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4405 on: March 31, 2009, 08:45:13 pm »

My computer got thirsty a couple days ago and gulped down a whole cup of "liquid". So I've been forced to do things like go to this thing called a library and read text printed on compressed dead tree guts. It is the saddest thing.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Dexter

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 119
  • Some mothers should not be turned out.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4406 on: March 31, 2009, 08:45:46 pm »

My computer got thirsty a couple days ago and gulped down a whole cup of "liquid". So I've been forced to do things like go to this thing called a library and read text printed on compressed dead tree guts. It is the saddest thing.
Those poor trees!
Logged
Y'all don't know what it's like, bein' male, middle-class and white.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4407 on: March 31, 2009, 08:48:27 pm »

My computer got thirsty a couple days ago and gulped down a whole cup of "liquid". So I've been forced to do things like go to this thing called a library and read text printed on compressed dead tree guts. It is the saddest thing.

I choose to interpret "liquid" in the most disgusting, sexual way possible.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4408 on: March 31, 2009, 09:41:35 pm »

That way presumably includes "Two Girls, One Cup"
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4409 on: April 01, 2009, 06:01:22 am »

More likely, two fratboys one computer.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 878   Go Up