Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1346689 times)

0 Members and 172 Guests are viewing this topic.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4575 on: April 28, 2009, 12:10:53 am »

...finish a Rousseau paper I have been putting off for forever. Hmm, easier than I thought it would be, somewhow.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4576 on: April 28, 2009, 12:13:20 am »

If it's awkward, you could always cover by treating it like it's a conversation piece, similar to how one would present a prize-winning pumpkin, or a framed Tron poster.

"Oh, that? That's my 'un-read' shelf. You like that? I have all these other shelves, too..."

I have a prize tomato too, don't judge me by that pumpkin?

Would that make it less awkward?  Or did you maybe mean my little league baseball trophies?  Still not helping.

Basically, just don't win prizes or trophies I think.  Especially grammys.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4577 on: April 28, 2009, 12:21:04 am »

Quote
...finish a Rousseau paper I have been putting off for forever. Hmm, easier than I thought it would be, somewhow.

I really like Rousseau.

WHAT THE EFF
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 12:25:45 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4578 on: April 28, 2009, 02:01:19 am »

Yeah, I remember a time when every other post or so you would reference him. He definitely is interesting, but I find Rawls a little more workable.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4579 on: April 28, 2009, 06:32:51 am »

My roommate has some of those flower teas.  They are a trip to watch.

Edit:  actually watched videos.  Wow, his aren't that huge.  I wonder if that is because he uses a smaller cup?  Or I just didn't see the one with the crazy vine like flower.

I am afraid to drink those though.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 06:46:32 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4580 on: April 28, 2009, 07:51:35 am »

Don't know where else so: did anyone do this today?  http://kotaku.com/5230185/the-konami-code-makes-espncom-magical

it was awesome.  My question is who puts the Contra code into every website they visit?  If you do it at google reader a ninja comes up.

Also, I am going to not get high for the first time since, well some crazy police things went down.  Like four years ago?  Long time to go being high everyday, and the last year I have been high literally constantly.  Before that I had another 3-4 year streak going which was broken by breaking my leg.  I was on a lot of codeine at like 18, so don't know if that counts?  When I got my wisdom teeth removed I got high through my nose.  Probably go three days just like last time.  Perhaps this will be my pot smoking schedule.  Also, I told you all of this because the link above was posted at 4:20 and is about magical unicorns.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 07:57:55 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4581 on: April 28, 2009, 08:59:45 pm »

sometimes in life, you make stupid, stupid choices, and it works out anyway.

the big presentation i should have been working on yesterday/last night, instead of staying up until 6 AM fuck*ng around at the radio station, just got pushed back to next monday.

YES.

edit: so, I just read the first email she sent, where she said that the reason it's getting pushed back is a family health emergency. Now I feel like a jackass.


Also: our "underwriting" director ("this show is brought to you by...") never does anything. Since elections are coming up, he felt worried, and contacted the Pitchfork Music Festival. We got 8 free tickets-- 6 to give away, 2 for staff. I don't know how we will give these away, because we will not really have programming over the summer.
I will be in Berkeley... so... I guess I am missing out?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 09:27:42 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4582 on: April 30, 2009, 08:32:42 am »

I like the idea of Woody Allen, but I never enjoy any of his movies. Manhattan was really disappointing.

Also, I spent many hours re-arranging CDs in the radio station, and then a guy called me and bitched me out for moving CDs around. He gave a lot of really bad reasons why I shouldn't have done this, and then one good reason.
I am trying to think of a way to make it clear to him that only that reason was a good reason. But I suppose it is too late. I spent another hour or so putting some things back how they were, and then moving other things.

I at least made a pretty biting comment. I don't think I have ever successfully made a biting remark to someone in my life.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4583 on: April 30, 2009, 09:21:21 am »

i'm with you on woody allen. vicky cristina barcelona was about 1/5 as good as it might have been because it had a narrator. also because he sounded like a basic cable crime reënactment show host.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4584 on: April 30, 2009, 09:31:05 am »

Take the Money and Run and Bananas are both classic.  Judging Allen on Barcelona is like judging Dylan on Infidel.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4585 on: April 30, 2009, 01:05:14 pm »

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex has a giant breast terrorizing the populace. You can't argue with that.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4586 on: April 30, 2009, 06:33:40 pm »

...continue sleeping in the guest bedroom.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4587 on: April 30, 2009, 06:39:21 pm »

Bad gas?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4588 on: April 30, 2009, 07:06:53 pm »

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex has a giant breast terrorizing the populace. You can't argue with that.

Yes, this one too.

Sleeper is pretty alright also, and What's Up Tiger Lily? was hell of before its time, and Love and Death is an awesome satire of Russian Lit.

Manhattan is the only non funny Woody Allen movie I like, so we don't see eye to eye on that.  I am assuming you have seen Annie Hall?  That one is not very good.  So, just try at least one of Bananas, Take the Money and Run or Everything You Always... before you give up on Woody Allen.  If you like those watch some other pre-Annie Hall ones.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4589 on: April 30, 2009, 07:36:12 pm »

Woody Allen's early strictly-funny stuff was some pretty rad material.

But holy shit, once the pictures became all about how fuck*ng smart he thinks he is and what kind of tail he can pull down, some of the most overrated movies in the history of the medium.

"Annie Hall" is the only movie that's ever put me to sleep. Is it just because I too have gone in and out of phases of pseudo-intellectual posturing hossshit and so I've been there, done that, been embarassed as hell of it later? Maybe. But dude ain't even embarassed. Dude still thinks that name-checking authors from his fuck*ng sophomore year Philosophy 201 class makes him the raddest cat in the goddamned pride and... no. No it does not.

Boo to Woody Allen.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 878   Go Up