Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1346652 times)

0 Members and 172 Guests are viewing this topic.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4740 on: June 02, 2009, 05:01:13 am »

You're in Paris; no one is going to rag on you for wearing a bag. If you were worried about that, I mean.

What accent is scariest to British schoolchildren?

Dalek.

Quote from: Daleks
EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4741 on: June 02, 2009, 06:41:27 pm »


EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!



AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4742 on: June 02, 2009, 08:52:28 pm »

Dalek.

Why do you only have 40 cans, Toaster?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4743 on: June 02, 2009, 09:30:58 pm »

I need to buy some kind of small bag...
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4744 on: June 02, 2009, 09:45:24 pm »

I'm pretty sure the French police get upset about that kind of "American Essential".
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4745 on: June 03, 2009, 01:49:30 am »

get a briefcase. a soft-sided leather briefcase with a handle, at a secondhand shop. you can then carry all you need in a package too big to forget, but small enough to fit in a reasonable train station locker. also, it will be more than a souvenir if it sees paris with you.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4746 on: June 03, 2009, 04:01:38 pm »

choop-- that is exactly what I wanted, and the girls I am with told me that it had "no personality."

Today: "lightening tour" of the Louvre (mona lisa, venus de milo, winged victory), cultural survey of Belleville (pretending to be a real sociologist!), successfully had a salewoman think I was a french idiot instead of an american idiot (careful application of mumbling, using the few french words I do know, etc.), figured out how I need to stretch to make my knees stop hurting, found out the girls on the trip all thought i was gay.

it is always weird to me when people don't know/can't figure out pretty basic things. Like, there is a plaque, it has words like "freedom de Paris" and "republic" and "guerre (war)" and a name and the date "1944." So I said, "oh, it must be for a guy who fought the nazis during the occupation." People argued with me. What??

now is time to sit and drink water before dinner + nighttime fun.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4747 on: June 03, 2009, 08:28:48 pm »

You guys, it's raining, but there are literally no clouds in the sky. There are like two fuck*ng clouds, and they're not even grey. I didn't know this could happen. It's raining for like a minute every hour. It's freaky.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4748 on: June 04, 2009, 06:17:13 am »

Today it thundered so loud it set off car alarms.  This is something that does not happen in San Diego.

Also today I got a home inspection on a house I am under contract to own soon.  Good news: nothing is broken!  Bad news: it needs a new roof in 3-4 years, and it's already got two layers of shingles.  Good news: No other bad news.

Soon: I freak out over writing my down payment check.  I hope.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4749 on: June 04, 2009, 07:32:27 am »

Rain in Los Angeles makes me feel like a superhero.

Only Person Who Knows How To Drive Man!

With the amazing power to... know that you just slow down a little bit and be a little more apt to break instead of either driving like a gramma or driving exactly the same as usual and dying horribly.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4750 on: June 04, 2009, 10:50:18 am »

You guys, it's raining, but there are literally no clouds in the sky. There are like two fuck*ng clouds, and they're not even grey. I didn't know this could happen. It's raining for like a minute every hour. It's freaky.

Do you live in Denver?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4751 on: June 04, 2009, 04:41:45 pm »

No, California.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4752 on: June 04, 2009, 11:41:39 pm »

Today I'm going to have my first proper exam in like 2 years.
Totally not worried.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4753 on: June 05, 2009, 06:12:14 am »

yeah that rain was eerie

inev, goddamnit, what do these tarted up french bitches think has character? one of those multi-hued day-glo backpacks covered in sharpie doodlings? get what the fuck you like and damn everybody else. "no character." i guess they think indiana jones has no character! soft leather briefcase, striped scarf, glasses, and cigarette. the uniform of the international student.

GODDAMNIT
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4754 on: June 05, 2009, 03:55:44 pm »

I am not sure I want the economy to be on that many stimulants. I am not so sure that worked out well before.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 878   Go Up