Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1342651 times)

0 Members and 184 Guests are viewing this topic.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4830 on: June 29, 2009, 04:34:29 am »

...get back from Vegas only $5 lighter (from gambling).  When did they start charging $3 for a soda and $16 for giraffe & chips?
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4831 on: June 30, 2009, 08:04:36 pm »

CFA. Hundreds of hours of study and then a grueling 6 hour exam
Well I did a quick UPS check up on the required reading material they sent me for the exam...

Quote

Tracking Detail

Tracking Number:    XXXXX
Type:    Package    
Status:    In Transit - On Time    
Scheduled Delivery:    07/01/2009    
Shipped To:    XXXX, NJ, US    
Shipped/Billed On:    06/29/2009    
Service:    GROUND    
Weight:    27.50 Lbs

Wait, what? I feel sort of like the weatherman is saying 'Category 5 Hurricane' and the 2 day part of the projected path is right over my house.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 08:07:42 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4832 on: June 30, 2009, 11:06:31 pm »

From the wiki article, "there is no overall score for the test, only a Pass/Fail result. However, candidates that fail are informed of how well they did compared to other candidates that failed, e.g. top 10% of candidates that failed."

That sort of flips the whole "Class Standing" rank on its head, doesn't it?  They give you a rank of how badly you suck.  It reminds me a bit of an English professor at my Alma Mater (that I happily didn't have to take - not being an English major) whose grading scale didn't stop at F. 

Note: edited for grammar. (who's/whose) Can't decide if that's ironic.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4833 on: June 30, 2009, 11:55:18 pm »

It reminds me a bit of an English professor at my Alma Mater (that I happily didn't have to take - not being an English major) whose grading scale didn't stop at F. 


Ooo, what was below an F? I wish I'd thought of that.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4834 on: July 01, 2009, 01:38:16 am »

I'm not sure, but I think the way its graded is such that you can ace some sections and fail others and still pass the exam as a whole. Which kind of makes me wonder if some CFAs are out there who just totally bombed "Ethical and Professional Standards" or "Portfolio Risk Management" and all he and his employer know is that he "passed" the test. Scary.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4835 on: July 01, 2009, 02:34:49 am »

Ooo, what was below an F? I wish I'd thought of that.
G..H..I..J..K...

Or did you forget your /sarc tag?

« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 01:50:20 pm by jaydub »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4836 on: July 03, 2009, 05:10:25 am »

Tomorrow morning I get the keys to a house, which will be mine.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4837 on: July 04, 2009, 01:40:20 am »

Hooray! Congratulations!
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4838 on: July 04, 2009, 01:56:49 am »

G..H..I..J..K...

Or did you forget your /sarc tag?



Surely there has to be more to it than that.  At least he must have explained how to interpret the additional grades.

Hmm, on the other hand, that would make it even more evil not to explain them, wouildn't it.

Lister: Here's what Onstad said on Facebook, he just bought a house too. You might find it inspiring.

Quote
I can go over there and push on it until it falls down. I can draw a dog on the inside OR outside. I can put my ##### in the middle of the empty living room floor and stand back and consider them.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4839 on: July 04, 2009, 03:00:26 am »

Why would he want to stand back and consider Vlad, Andy and Liebot?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4840 on: July 04, 2009, 04:42:17 am »

You want to keep those guys where you can see them, dig?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4841 on: July 04, 2009, 12:36:21 pm »

Has the word for 'trousers' always been replaced by SIX asterisks?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4842 on: July 04, 2009, 01:01:09 pm »

...find out I'm on the TSA watchlist.

Also, head to Berkeley. Now I just have to decide whether to spend the 4th with adorable baby/toddler cousins, or settling in and meeting berkeley people.
Probably gonna do the first one, let's be honest. Adorable cousins? "Fuggedaboutit"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4843 on: July 04, 2009, 04:22:57 pm »

Your ability to talk yourself out of getting laid is a potential National Security Risk, 'nev.

If The Terrorists could get ahold of you and reverse-engineer it into something airborne, could you imagine the power they'd wield?

They wouldn't HAVE to attack us with bombs. Just wait thirty years and wait for our civilization to fall without any new children.

Full-on "Children of Men" scenario. TSA knows what they're doing.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4844 on: July 04, 2009, 06:02:27 pm »

LFM is right, your superpower of not getting laid is a danger to us all if it ever got contagious. Think of the children, Dan.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 878   Go Up