Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1342508 times)

0 Members and 186 Guests are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4920 on: July 22, 2009, 04:06:45 am »

Yeah.
That is not a rad thing at all.

Friend of yours 'porkin?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4921 on: July 22, 2009, 06:25:15 am »

have a weird argument with my roommate about whether a linguist saying something like "I don't like the metaphor ______" and also spending a lot of time complaining about prescriptivism makes them a hypocrite.

having preferences is not the same as claiming to be an authority on what is correct? he (roommate) claims he doesn't see a difference, which is bizarre.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4922 on: July 22, 2009, 09:27:13 am »

Divorced parents means two funerals?  How does that work?  Are they gonna bury the guy twice?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4923 on: July 22, 2009, 09:40:21 am »

yeah, for real, that crosses the line from "real world sad" through "making-a-point heavy-handedly in fiction sad" and to "so sad it has to be true."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4924 on: July 22, 2009, 02:10:22 pm »

Divorced parents means two funerals?  How does that work?  Are they gonna bury the guy twice?

Yeah, I'm gonna hit you so hard, it'll kill you TWICE.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4925 on: July 22, 2009, 03:10:46 pm »

Today I'll keep on slaving in the 12-hour-a-day work week, in order to deliver a 100.000 words-long Service Manual for Volkswagen trucks & buses on the deadline. My brain feels like a chunk of musty, urinated-on plywood. It's an apt analogy!
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4926 on: July 22, 2009, 06:50:47 pm »

Today I'll keep on slaving in the 12-hour-a-day work week, in order to deliver a 100.000 words-long Service Manual for Volkswagen trucks & buses on the deadline. My brain feels like a chunk of musty, urinated-on plywood. It's an apt analogy!

oof!  im taking an instructional design course right now.  i hope i never have to feel your pain.

also, for my other class tonight, im turning in an informative essay on american curl cats.  i promise that achewood hasnt taken over my entire imagination.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4927 on: July 22, 2009, 10:21:41 pm »

... look up my grandfather on Google Scholar, and confirm my lifelong fear that he did the kind of research that consists of "let's give a cute animal a horrible, horrible disease, and then try to cure it."

I wonder if his current love for primates is like... compensating for giving a bunch of them cancer.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4928 on: July 22, 2009, 11:00:23 pm »

Did he at least cure some of the diseases?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4929 on: July 23, 2009, 12:40:01 am »

I don't think so.

I mean, he knows the guy who discovered Mononucleosis? I guess that's cool?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4930 on: July 23, 2009, 12:46:32 am »

My great-grandma was somehow involved in the creation of the contraceptive pill. I've never bothered to ask about the details, even though it's awesome.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4931 on: July 23, 2009, 03:31:01 am »

My grandfather worked on the implementation of Lidocaine as an anaesthetic during dental surgery during the 1940's.  So far, I've been the co-inventor of a swellable hydrogel to treat stress incontinence.  Except that Johnson&Johnson is sitting on the patent.  I remain hopeful I can make as big a splash as my Granddad someday.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4932 on: July 23, 2009, 03:36:35 am »

We should start a club for people who struggle to live up to the accomplishments of their ancestors.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4933 on: July 23, 2009, 03:52:27 am »

There is that, I suppose.

I am holding strong to a family tradition of having all kinds of potential and not doing much with it.

Yeah. Ignore this. haha.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #4934 on: July 23, 2009, 04:19:34 am »

i'm the first person on my dad's side of the family with a college diploma. my mom has a brother who got his through the g.i. bill, and a couple nieces (my cousins) with degrees, but at least i accomplished something first in one of my lines.

i guess.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 878   Go Up