Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1342582 times)

0 Members and 185 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5010 on: August 07, 2009, 10:38:36 pm »

Richard Feyman has a story about how he would ask women "if I buy you a drink, will you sleep with me?"
It was very successful, but he concludes by saying that he felt bad after doing it a few times and stopped.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5011 on: August 07, 2009, 10:44:01 pm »

codes and terminology

hey man, want me to suck your dick

I think it was Malcom Ingram (director of Small Town Gay Bar) who said jokingly something to the effect of "unrestrained male sexuality is a horrible thing to behold."

Richard Feyman

Did you mean Feynman? And also, source?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 10:48:41 pm by lprkn »
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5012 on: August 07, 2009, 10:54:04 pm »

Feynman.

"You Just Ask Them?" at
http://www.gorgorat.com/

I think there might be a further story about similar topics later on. I am only 3/4 through.

He is very interesting and funny, but is very full of himself about how smart he was. Which was, you know, very smart.

For instance, I am reading a story right now about how he hates "culture." Oof.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 11:22:49 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5013 on: August 07, 2009, 11:35:20 pm »

Way back in the day I was at a party.  It was late and most everyone had left.  There was still maybe 10-12 hanging out in the garage, but I was inside chilling out watching the television with two other dudes.

A girl came inside.  I had never seen her before this party, and I hadn't spoken to her.  She announced to the room "I'm going to bed, anybody gonna come with me?"  I looked at her then I looked at the other two dudes.  they were just sitting there so I stood up and said "yeah."
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5014 on: August 07, 2009, 11:41:15 pm »

A girl came inside.  I had never seen her before this party, and I hadn't spoken to her.  She announced to the room "I'm going to bed, anybody gonna come with me?" 
Did she taser you and lock you in a trunk?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5015 on: August 07, 2009, 11:47:18 pm »

Way back in the day I was at a party.  It was late and most everyone had left.  There was still maybe 10-12 hanging out in the garage, but I was inside chilling out watching the television with two other dudes.

A girl came inside.  I had never seen her before this party, and I hadn't spoken to her.  She announced to the room "I'm going to bed, anybody gonna come with me?"  I looked at her then I looked at the other two dudes.  they were just sitting there so I stood up and said "yeah."

I was going to say "I'd be one of those other two dudes" but in reality it's more likely that I'd be either the guy who left the party alone at like 11pm or the guy who didn't go at all.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5016 on: August 08, 2009, 12:12:31 am »

Did she taser you and lock you in a trunk?
Nothing so exciting as that.  I just fucked her and left.  This is the same party I almost got my ass beat.  A big dude pushed me down and charged me, but two of his friends caught him and kept him from attcking.  He didn't speak English so I don't know what the fuck I did to piss him off.  That's why I was hanging out inside because I didn't want to be around his crazy ass.  Well that and I was wasted.  So in a way I kinda owe that crazy dude a thank you for putting me in the right place at the right time for an easy fuck.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5017 on: August 08, 2009, 12:58:41 am »

Saw a play about Feynman.

One-man show with Alan Alda.

Rad.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5018 on: August 08, 2009, 01:13:14 am »

oh man, he is so perfect as Feynman.

Just spent an absurdly long time listing every show I can remember seeing. for the second time, because I closed the window the first time.

damn, I did not realize I had seen so many awesome bands. cool.

depressing: how many bands that I now like which I saw, and at the time they made me bored and I left (animal collective, ted leo). I need to work on improving my attention span.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5019 on: August 08, 2009, 02:08:59 am »

they were just sitting there so I stood up and said "yeah."

If it were olden times, you would have been elected chief or king or something to that effect.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Dexter

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 119
  • Some mothers should not be turned out.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5020 on: August 08, 2009, 03:39:25 am »

Just spent an absurdly long time listing every show I can remember seeing. for the second time, because I closed the window the first time.
The first time I read that I thought you meant, like...  that you had gotten up and closed the window in your room the first time, and this somehow disrupted your train of thought and necessitated you starting over.
Logged
Y'all don't know what it's like, bein' male, middle-class and white.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5021 on: August 08, 2009, 04:22:54 am »

"You Just Ask Them?" at
http://www.gorgorat.com/

Oh man, "The Alibi" is such a great name for a bar.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5022 on: August 08, 2009, 05:04:58 am »

Oh man, "The Alibi" is such a great name for a bar.

I used to work near a bar called "He's Not Here."
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5024 on: August 08, 2009, 06:53:47 am »

Oh man, "The Alibi" is such a great name for a bar.

The Alibi: Arcata, CA

Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 878   Go Up