Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1343069 times)

0 Members and 193 Guests are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5025 on: August 08, 2009, 08:26:44 am »

maybe this is wrong, but I imagine getting guys is more like, "hey man, want me to suck your dick."

Later: High fives all round.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5026 on: August 08, 2009, 11:00:42 am »

There was another bar in my old neighborhood called The Office.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5027 on: August 08, 2009, 04:45:02 pm »

there's a bar in my old neighborhood called Father's Office

they make such a good burger they expanded and turned posh
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5028 on: August 09, 2009, 08:11:17 pm »

The best name for a bar in a college town is "The Library."

Today I'm gonna watch some goddamn football.  Football, people!
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5029 on: August 09, 2009, 11:06:25 pm »

hung out with professor and linguistics grad students until like 2 AM. very fun.
this morning we went to get super-cheap thai brunch, and now I am... still-full and sugar-low from thai iced tea.

update: there are stereotypes about Swedish women, and OH MY GOD, MOST ATTRACTIVE WOMAN I HAVE EVER MET.

It is fitting that she is a cute linguist, with very cute vowels. Weird interaction of British English and Swedish.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 02:55:34 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5030 on: August 10, 2009, 05:58:04 am »

Quote from: theinevitable
It is fitting that she is a cute linguist, with very cute vowels.

This reads like ancient Shakespearian sexual innuendo code.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5031 on: August 10, 2009, 08:11:08 am »

oh, it definitely is.

I just don't know for what.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5032 on: August 10, 2009, 12:20:47 pm »

well, the vowel "O" is Shakespeak for pussy, so there's that... (the fuck? I thought there was gonna be some sort of smart-ass filter for the word...)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 04:01:49 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5033 on: August 10, 2009, 12:54:43 pm »

well, the letter "O" is shakespeak for pussy, so there's that... (the fuck? I thought there was gonna be some sort of smart-ass filter for the word...)

You're thinking of pu$$y.
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5034 on: August 10, 2009, 01:14:18 pm »

Quote from: CortJstr
You're thinking of pu$$y.

Sigh. It's true.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5035 on: August 10, 2009, 01:32:39 pm »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5036 on: August 10, 2009, 03:32:37 pm »

i am too...
Studies show that most men do every 7 seconds or so.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5037 on: August 10, 2009, 03:39:43 pm »

I'm a breast man. Which is why I'm about to go to Taco Bell.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5038 on: August 10, 2009, 05:36:59 pm »

Is she smart, Dan?  Everyone likes cunning linguists.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5039 on: August 10, 2009, 07:59:37 pm »

haha.

man, needing to write 3 papers this week is for suckers. The one class I really like is the one where we don't have a paper... bah.

it is finally the temperature the summer is supposed to be in Berkeley, and I am remembering how I hate hot weather.

So it's a good thing I'm moving into my st louis apartment in a week which will have no air conditioning... yayy(?)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 878   Go Up