Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347280 times)

0 Members and 181 Guests are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5520 on: October 13, 2009, 05:07:48 am »

wombat, your paper is being stolen by peter sellers in 'being there'
I thought that was Forrest Gump.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5521 on: October 13, 2009, 05:08:47 am »

steal newspapers from a different block
That was worth a can.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5522 on: October 13, 2009, 12:05:38 pm »

Wombat learned from this messageboard that some arguments are not worth the time.

Whereas I've learned from this board that arguments with some people are not worth the time...
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5523 on: October 14, 2009, 05:20:45 am »

today, i saw the band Dr Dog. They were very good.

My... um... good friend(?) brought her ex boyfriend, which I did not like at all.
Very clear vibes of her thinking "oh, we are still friends, I'm glad" and him thinking "she still likes me, I'm gonna get her to come back to me. I'll drive down to St Louis and say I want to see this concert, and then I'll say, can I sleep on your floor, and then..."

where the vibe I was giving off was "hey dude, go away, I don't want you to be here. stop touching this girl slightly too much while talking to her."

the band that opened was possibly the worst thing I have ever seen.
It was  like going to see an open mic night at some kind of hippie establishment, except with a big crowd waiting to see the next band.

I decided the only way I was OK with this was if the lead singer had a trust fund, and was paying the other guys in the band. They seemed to be having just as much fun as we were.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5524 on: October 14, 2009, 05:22:06 am »

assume every jackass I meet online is American.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5525 on: October 14, 2009, 05:27:53 am »

I dunno, there might be some logical fallacy here.

I'm with you on "all Americans are jackasses"... as one myself, I can attest to this.

But I'm pretty sure that just because Americans are all jackasses doesn't necessarily mean that the ONLY jackasses are American.

You might just have run across a Canadian douchebag who is role-playing as one of us.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5526 on: October 14, 2009, 09:40:51 am »

also, what is the deal with people who do this thing:
Quote
I'll have to come with.

is this a regional thing? I know I've heard it before, but this attractive young lady I've been making time with does it so much that I can't stop noticing it. I feel like I had previously heard it in the context of "come with" or whatever, but she uses it even in contexts like "Oh, you're hungry? We'll have to bring lunch with."
THAT IS REALLY WEIRD.

final note: you know you've got it really bad when you start thinking a Chicago accent is really cute.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5527 on: October 14, 2009, 12:55:56 pm »

assume every jackass I meet online is American.

Oh that's a cannin'
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5528 on: October 14, 2009, 05:45:28 pm »

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=ajz_1pPj.MxQ
Overheard at work today: "GET UP THERE YOU STUPID BITCH" and "OH MY GOD IM GOING TO CUM"
o_O
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5529 on: October 14, 2009, 06:27:56 pm »

let's just hope some damn jobs start happening, that unemployment index is pissin me off
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5530 on: October 14, 2009, 06:39:56 pm »

...get a raise, sort of, I guess? it was... hinted at, along with a tentative figure.

dudes realized they've been paying beans for someone who's always exceeding the monthly productivity goals, who also gets no complaints from clients, ever. guess they're trying to prevent me from seeking greener pastures (if only they knew... I sold my spine years ago... suckers). worst part of knowing you'll get a raise? waiting 30 fuck*ng days to see it coming true.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 07:00:44 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5531 on: October 14, 2009, 06:41:11 pm »

...get a raise, sort of, I guess? it was... hinted at, along with a tentative figure.

Congrats!  Even a sort of I guess raise is better than none.  Good work.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5532 on: October 14, 2009, 06:45:51 pm »

dude, major congrats for winning a payraise in the year of paycuts
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5533 on: October 14, 2009, 06:50:23 pm »

bluemoon, thanks ^^. If only they knew I'm thinking about Batman the whole time...

chooperman, yeah, but in general it seems like Brazil is merely swinging its hips through the crisis, so maybe things aren't as stringent here as over there...
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5534 on: October 14, 2009, 06:59:19 pm »

...wonder how long I can realistically put off doing laundry. I actually bought a pack of socks at Target simply because I had run out of clean ones.

today, i saw the band Dr Dog. They were very good.

I'm going to see them next week, glad to hear they put on a good show.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 878   Go Up