Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1345129 times)

0 Members and 172 Guests are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5550 on: October 14, 2009, 09:54:04 pm »

Quote from: AugustWest
I'll let you know if it ever happens to me.

Christ, I'm still trying to learn HOW to fake it.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5551 on: October 14, 2009, 10:25:38 pm »

the missus has this thing she does with leading questions, like so:

"Did you wanna go see that new Jennifer Aniston movie, or...?"

which forces me to reply "or what, get a pizza and a shoeshine?" because she knows full well i don't want to go see any Jennifer Aniston movie.



Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5552 on: October 14, 2009, 10:36:50 pm »

she knows full well i don't want to go see any Jennifer Aniston movie.

What?  Jennifer Aniston has done some good work.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5553 on: October 14, 2009, 11:05:52 pm »

usually she can be subbed out for any actress, usually she doesn't bring anything new or different to a role, usually if it's not a romantic comedy it's slow and plodding and sometimes it's all three. i'm not one for romantic comedies, and i don't care for slow, plodding movies - i like a good slow burn (there will be blood), but not a dull slow grind (friends with money)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5554 on: October 16, 2009, 05:13:40 am »

This is not a brag thing, this is a sad thing. It is easier for me to get a helicopter to haul me to JFK for the flight to richmond airport. So tomorrow afternoon I'll blast from manhattan to the bronx to richmond to farmville for homecoming.
1. College friends
2. College girls
3. College habits condensed into one convenient weekend
 
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5555 on: October 16, 2009, 05:23:21 am »

you have a strange definition of sad

or did you mean the homecoming part is sad because i get that
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5556 on: October 16, 2009, 05:29:23 am »

you have a strange definition of sad

or did you mean the homecoming part is sad because i get that
I'm not braggin that helichopper is the best way for me to get to a major airport. Its sad. It would take 4-5 hours to get there by public trans but less than an hour by private trans. Considering the flight to RIC  is also like 90 minutes, I took that deal.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5557 on: October 16, 2009, 04:32:57 pm »

So I started using an old license instead.  Most people didn't notice that it had expired, but there were occassions when it was.  On those occassions It too was denied.  I tried to plead "The purpose of this interaction is to establish my identity.  This document does that.  The fact that the license is expired does not negate that fact.  CASH MY fuck*ng CHECK DOUCHEBAG!!!"

Yeah, I don't get why anyone cares about the expiration date for non-driving-related purposes.  If I get pulled over for speeding, I can understand the cop busting me for it.  But Brad the door guy insisting on marking me with big Sharpie X's because the license is past due?  Screw you.  My birthday isn't some coupon code that changes on the expiration date.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5558 on: October 16, 2009, 04:34:54 pm »

Expired licenses are sometimes discarded and/or given to other people. That's about the only justification I can think of. Usually they take your expired license when you get a new one for this reason. I knew a guy using his brother's old license, for instance.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5559 on: October 16, 2009, 04:57:28 pm »

Enjoy getting carded while you can.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5560 on: October 16, 2009, 04:59:17 pm »

Expired licenses are sometimes discarded and/or given to other people. That's about the only justification I can think of. Usually they take your expired license when you get a new one for this reason. I knew a guy using his brother's old license, for instance.

My license has a picture on it.  A picture of me.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5561 on: October 16, 2009, 05:02:49 pm »

But it could be your twin brother!  :D
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5562 on: October 16, 2009, 05:16:46 pm »

But it could be your twin brother!  :D

My twin brother doesn't drive.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5563 on: October 16, 2009, 06:07:26 pm »

What?  Jennifer Aniston has done some good work.

ask brad pitt!
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5564 on: October 16, 2009, 06:29:28 pm »

Eat breast-shaped cake in honor of national mammo day
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 369 370 [371] 372 373 ... 878   Go Up