Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1345440 times)

0 Members and 192 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5880 on: November 10, 2009, 09:45:24 pm »

QFT. Coupon clipping is a lifestyle choice.

Additionally: Today I'm gonna get a filling without novocaine.

I guess it never seemed worth it to get a Sunday subscription just for the coupons. Because I never have and likely never will read the Sunday paper. Or any other day, for that matter.
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5881 on: November 10, 2009, 09:46:17 pm »

QFT. Coupon clipping is a lifestyle choice.

Additionally: Today I'm gonna get a filling without novocaine.

Frugality has hell of limits.

(I don't get the Novocaine ever, myself.  In my adult life, whenever I've needed something done that requires it, I instead opt for the Gas.  Actually I demand it even for cleanings.   "Look, I'm going to put up with your bullshit.  I won't make any noise or squirm, but... papa's gotta get something for him.")  
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5882 on: November 10, 2009, 10:03:42 pm »

I guess it never seemed worth it to get a Sunday subscription just for the coupons. Because I never have and likely never will read the Sunday paper. Or any other day, for that matter.

I don't get the paper either - I get the coupons from my parents. My dad reads the Sunday paper, but Mom doesn't use coupons very often.

Frugality has hell of limits.

(I don't get the Novocaine ever, myself.  In my adult life, whenever I've needed something done that requires it, I instead opt for the Gas.  Actually I demand it even for cleanings.   "Look, I'm going to put up with your bullshit.  I won't make any noise or squirm, but... papa's gotta get something for him.")  

I didn't opt out of novocaine for financial reasons - I just hate being numb the rest of the day. I'd rather have 30 minutes of pain than 5 hours of drooling on myself and not being able to speak.

It actually wasn't that bad. I could have asked for the needle at any time, but I didn't feel like I needed it.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5883 on: November 10, 2009, 10:23:54 pm »

I didn't assume that it was, but the juxtaposition of coupon clipping and then low budget dentistry options were too good to pass up.

Seriously though...if you haven't before: Get the gas.   Thank me later.

I could see myself getting in way deep with recreational dentistry due to the gas.
Logged

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5884 on: November 10, 2009, 10:34:52 pm »

I could see myself getting in way deep with recreational dentistry due to the gas.
You're temperament's wrong for the priesthood,
And teaching would suit you still less.
Son, be a dentist.
You'll be a success
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5885 on: November 10, 2009, 10:37:14 pm »

You don't have to go to the dentist to get the Nitrous.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5886 on: November 11, 2009, 12:21:59 am »

People have suggested that to me.

I need the dentistry to keep me in check. 

Do you think junkies would get so bad if they needed to have that fuck*ng Cavitron abomination ran over their gums every time they needed to fix?

"Oh man... I really could use some smack right now...but ugh...just thinking about the noise that thing makes..."
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5887 on: November 11, 2009, 03:34:58 am »

When a good time turns around
You must Whippit
you will never live it down
unless you Whippit
No one gets their way
Until they Whippit
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5888 on: November 11, 2009, 04:22:34 am »

I did not know that that is what Whippits were. I never got why that was the name for that.

Oh.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5889 on: November 11, 2009, 04:28:04 am »



The Whippet wishes he were a pug.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5890 on: November 11, 2009, 04:28:57 am »

dangit smick i was halfway there
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5891 on: November 11, 2009, 04:41:16 am »

I did not know that that is what Whippits were. I never got why that was the name for that.

Oh.
Step 1: Buy a whipped cream can.
Step 2: hold mouth over business end and 'slightly' press the nozzle until gas but not cream comes out, while inhaling deeply.
Step 3:  Be high for 30 seconds.
Step 4: Discard useless can of cream and wonder what the fuck you are doing with your life.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5892 on: November 11, 2009, 04:54:04 am »

Today my LG superphone finally fell apart.  It's served me well for nearly five years.

The Droid came out this week.

Is it Fate?
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5893 on: November 11, 2009, 05:00:50 am »

...I instead opt for the Gas....

drug story:

when i was 11 or 12, i was getting a cavity filled and the dentist gave me the gas.  talk about the raddest buzz ever!  it was the coolest, freakiest, most intense thing!  when it kicked in, i felt like i was full of hot water.  the elevator music they were playing over the PA system started to sound like techno, and it was pulsating to the rhythm of these acute electrical pulses all over my body, especially in my toes and finger tips.  when the dentist would talk to young woman assisting him, it sounded like some sort of strange alien language.

i only have 2 drug stories, and thats the coolest one.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5894 on: November 11, 2009, 05:16:15 am »

I've never had a weird reaction to the gas. My friend, who is a lesbian, hit on the nurse in front of her parents. I forget whether this was before or after she came out to them, which I guess makes it a less/more funny story.



Oh man, asking "is something wrong?" and getting an extremely long pause, and then "no, nothing" is not a good feeling.
It is funny to see where my mind goes when I try to figure out what that pause means.

In other news: today, I got an email from Dan Deacon. It felt kind of cool.
I am downloading my talented friend's DJ mix. If it is anything like his live sets, it will be awesome.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 [393] 394 395 ... 878   Go Up