Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Wife upset because I kept her up all night playing World of Snorecraft.

Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349565 times)

0 Members and 157 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5955 on: November 15, 2009, 09:27:58 pm »

Bluemoon, we got the same ACT score.

*high five*

I was recently thinking about a situation I was in a few years ago which is the only time it is OK to feel really good about your ACT score:
I heard a guy bragging about how awesome his ACT score was, and being a jerk about it, and it was lower than mine.

Paul: tonight they are showing a movie in St Louis that my girlfriend's mom worked on, so we are seeing that instead.

Jorge-- yep, he never showed up. Didn't even let the venue know he wasn't coming. Those Darlin's were really damn good, though.

Awkward moment on the way out, when the guy asked "do you want a refund? how much?"
"HALF." the girlfriend said, in an authoritative and demanding tone. Did she pay? No, she did not pay. I paid. God damnit.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5956 on: November 16, 2009, 03:18:28 am »

...watch a bicycle race in which a transgendered vegan* almost wins the largest cyclocross series outside of Belgium.

She stumbled running up a rocky hill, 20ft from the finish after being neck in neck for an hour with the other contender for the series. 

Heartbreaking.  I got choked up and almost cried.


* Transgendered Vegan Bicycle Champion.   THERE WILL NEVER BE ANYTHING MORE PORTLAND THAN THIS.  WE HAVE REACHED PEAK PORTLAND.
Logged

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5957 on: November 16, 2009, 03:35:34 am »

Bluemoon, we got the same ACT score.

*high five*

Those Darlin's were really damn good, though.

High five back atcha! Incidentally, I deeply disliked Those Darlin's when they opened for Dan Auerbach here in Minneapolis about six months ago.  They were drunk and kinda sucked.  I did like the "I got drunk and I ate chicken" song a lot, though!
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5958 on: November 16, 2009, 05:01:44 am »

...watch a bicycle race in which a transgendered vegan* almost wins the largest cyclocross series outside of Belgium.

She stumbled running up a rocky hill, 20ft from the finish after being neck in neck for an hour with the other contender for the series. 

Heartbreaking.  I got choked up and almost cried.


* Transgendered Vegan Bicycle Champion.   THERE WILL NEVER BE ANYTHING MORE PORTLAND THAN THIS.  WE HAVE REACHED PEAK PORTLAND.


Transgendered Vegan microbrewing unicycle champion
Logged

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5959 on: November 16, 2009, 05:05:02 am »

Bearded Transgendered Vegan microbrewing unicycle champion
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5960 on: November 16, 2009, 07:20:52 am »



dont forget to mention that the person built their own unicycle from recycled parts and used environmentally friendly, yet industrial strength lubricants on the moving parts..... and drank their own sweat during the race to conserve water.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5961 on: November 17, 2009, 06:39:07 am »

My third handheld cellphone ever, and it's got more RAM, storage, and a faster processor than the computer I had when I bought the first one.

I've gone from a black and white LCD that just makes calls to a color camera phone with a crappy proprietary browser, to a droid that can not only locate the nearest ATM, it can show me what it looks like.

By this measure, my next cellphone will be able to play WoW.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

TedStriker

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Chucklebot
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 164
  • Over Macho Grande
    • View Profile
    • Follow me! To Freedom!
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5962 on: November 17, 2009, 03:26:25 pm »

...finish this damned Avett Brothers article if it freakin' kills me.  I'm way past deadline (self-imposed) and while the topic is still interesting, it's edging dangerously close to being a burden.
Logged
How surprising that your worldview is food-related.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5963 on: November 17, 2009, 03:49:29 pm »

yayyy avett brothers.

boooo their new album.

Last night I had a dream that I found a weird web-forum that I posted on in high school, and realized that I had 20,000 posts there. And that Paul posted there too.

then I had a dream that my professor accidentally pulled up TOUAMB in class, and got all embarrassed.

final dream: that a girl in the same class started making a "I just took intro to women and gender studies" type argument, and I screamed at her. This is based on a true event, where I was apparently really mean to someone who did this. ("heteronormative" is not the same as "sexist," we already have the word sexist, those are two completely different things, shut up shut up. And of course they acted like I just had blinders over my eyes and didn't know how the world works, women are so oppressed, etc.)


I also woke up to the sound of my roommate stomping around and grumbling because I ate the last donut. Probably not one of my more thoughtful moves.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 03:52:36 pm by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

TedStriker

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Chucklebot
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 164
  • Over Macho Grande
    • View Profile
    • Follow me! To Freedom!
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5964 on: November 17, 2009, 04:21:05 pm »

yayyy avett brothers.

Indeed.

Quote
boooo their new album.

What the what?  Urge...to...de-can...rising.
Logged
How surprising that your worldview is food-related.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5965 on: November 17, 2009, 04:27:38 pm »

boooo their new album.

What ho?  Explain yourself, mister.  Don't you dare be "Yeah, they were cool before, when nobody but me heard of them, but now that they're getting popular I don't like them anymore," or I will kick you in the shins.

No DC tour dates for the Avett Brothers, but they're playing some big-ass bluegrass festival in Cumberland, MD in May.  Hmmmm.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5966 on: November 17, 2009, 05:21:53 pm »

Isn't it nice to realize people can always make shitty situations worse? No, it is not. Keep on practicing the shovel swing, though; one never knows.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5967 on: November 17, 2009, 05:56:29 pm »

I may have already mentioned this but at work today we were supposed to have our annual charity potluck but due to H1N1 panic it was changed to a pizza party. So there were still like 50 of us in one room but instead of sharing delicious pot luck food we were served chain pizza but people wearing gloves.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5968 on: November 17, 2009, 06:15:53 pm »

I do not like their new album because it is nothing like their previous albums, at all. It is a piano pop album. It is polished. The harmonies are less bluegrass-sounding. There is less banjo.
What I loved about them was the jangley banjo strumming and yelling and harmonies and sloppiness. And the pretty, fragile songs in between, that sound like they're singing in your bedroom. 
I liked that "January" song. That is all.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #5969 on: November 17, 2009, 06:32:55 pm »

("heteronormative" is not the same as "sexist," we already have the word sexist, those are two completely different things, shut up shut up. And of course they acted like I just had blinders over my eyes and didn't know how the world works, women are so oppressed, etc.)
This is not a battle you're going to win.  Fall back and regroup. 
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 878   Go Up