Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1350028 times)

0 Members and 152 Guests are viewing this topic.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6000 on: November 19, 2009, 04:28:33 am »

Yes, i go to WashU. Some of the people who go here... do very well in their science courses, but when you talk to them or read their papers or ask them to form an opinion, they do not do so well.

One of those people is definitely my brother. He double-majored in Computer Engineering and Mathematics, and graduated a valedictorian of his class (I think they had 8 people in the engineering college who had 4.0 averages) but he really did struggle with the few writing classes he had to take.

I didn't visit the cafeteria when I was there, but we did take a bottle of whiskey into one of the small lounges in one of the newish dorms, hooked up his mini-pc to the big-ass plasma in there, and played old-skool nes games while sippin' on the bottle until the wee hours of the morn. Then woke up still kind of drunk and went to the commencement. Definitely some quality sibling bonding time right there.
Logged

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6001 on: November 19, 2009, 04:34:45 am »

I do not like their new album because it is nothing like their previous albums, at all. It is a piano pop album. It is polished. The harmonies are less bluegrass-sounding. There is less banjo.
What I loved about them was the jangley banjo strumming and yelling and harmonies and sloppiness. And the pretty, fragile songs in between, that sound like they're singing in your bedroom. 
I liked that "January" song. That is all.

goddammit dammit dammit!  I miss one stinking day and there's a big debate about this awesome band.  I love their new album because it's the first I've ever heard of them, and "Laundry Room" is fuck*ng sweet.  So there...
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6002 on: November 19, 2009, 04:40:30 am »

smick, I...love the fact you're rocking a VEST with that lycra suit.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6003 on: November 19, 2009, 04:45:30 am »

vegantacular sauce
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6004 on: November 19, 2009, 04:49:45 am »

vegantacular sauce

For sure...canned so quickly, I couldn't even taste the seitan.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6005 on: November 19, 2009, 04:52:43 am »

That is a snazzy vest.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6006 on: November 19, 2009, 05:03:03 am »

Smick, it appears that you were riding a mountain (?) unicycle. No wonder you done got run over.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6007 on: November 19, 2009, 05:10:09 am »

...continue ickfest '09.  The phlegm.  Oh god, the phlegm.

Also, have the most akward, inopportune photo of me posted on the internet from last weekends bicycle races.

http://photos.oregonvelo.com/p/cc0908r1/cc0908mjb0002_12_6_27

I'm either a zombie, or hell of circumstantial.

Nice waistcoat.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6008 on: November 19, 2009, 05:34:14 am »

Mr Trout-- I do not think your brother sounds like the kind of person I am talking about. He sounds like someone who was very interested in his fields and worked hard at them. That is not my impression of these people. Maybe I'm just being a dick because not everyone cares about the things I care about or is interested in the things I think are interesting. I have friends in the engineering school, (heck, even the business school!) who could give two shits about some film class I'm taking, but they are still people who think about things. The impression I have of the people I mean is not "they are geeks who are bad at writing," it is like...

I don't know, a good comparison will come up soon and I won't feel like as much of a judgmental ass.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6009 on: November 19, 2009, 05:38:10 am »

My cousin spent 3 years in law school, and still somehow came out not knowing who Thurgood Marshall was - even though she did an internship in a building named for him.

I think this is the kind of person you're talking about.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6010 on: November 19, 2009, 06:07:52 am »

Today a girl expressed the following thoughts in very rapid succession:
-I didn't realize you could access google docs on any computer. I thought you had to be on the computer you wrote it on.
-someone called something "seminal" and she said "wait, like the indians?"
-"giraffebone: Stuck in your throat. Why did they name their album that? *a minute passes* Oh, is it like, the bone gets stuck in your throat? Haha."

[ ] doesn't smoke pot
[ ] smokes a little pot
[X] smokes way too much pot

(also)

smick = eric wareheim ???

you make the call
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6011 on: November 19, 2009, 06:13:08 am »

yes, that is the kind of person.

they are apparently very good at knowing things on multiple choice tests, and no other context.
Another good example is the girl in my roommate's English Lit class, who said "whatever, I just bullshitted this paper. I mean, isn't all english bullshit? Like, why does it matter what tense a story is in?" She is an English major.


Yes, that person might smoke a lot of pot. My friend has a crush on her, and I am very confused.

I want to state a hilarious, stereotypical fact about her, but in some creepy universe you could use it to track her down. So I will refrain from telling you this funny thing. Damn. Actually, a lot of things about her are stereotypically "I am a big stoner," except that she dresses all preppy, and is really into fuck*ng dudes. I don't know if fuck*ng is stereotypical of stoners.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6012 on: November 19, 2009, 06:14:47 am »

the stoner chicks i knew in college liked fuck*ng dudes. at least, i assume so, because they sure seemed to like fuck*ng me.


[aside]NAILED IT![/aside]
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6013 on: November 19, 2009, 06:29:25 am »

actually, I don't' know if she even smokes a lot of pot. She just has this general "i'm from the west coast, I surf, I love lying around and think it is OK to lie around" thing going on. Also, not understanding simple things.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6014 on: November 19, 2009, 06:52:58 am »

today i'm gonna have a bunch of people over to eat popeye's chicken and drink wines paired with it

coppola pinot noir went great with the spicy chicken

ecco domani pinot grigio was well liked with the regular (aka mild)

some people liked the riesling but i cannot drink it for it is too sweet.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 878   Go Up