Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TOUAMB: Debating the decline and fall of Chris Onstad since 2003.

Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349438 times)

0 Members and 164 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6075 on: November 21, 2009, 01:06:41 am »

My dad works for Microsoft, in their data center R&D department, and he says he is really impressed by it.  (He's only worked there two years, so he's no slavish Microdrone.)  I think that through him I can get Windows 7 for like 25 bucks or something? if anyone wants one.

Me! (I do.)
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6076 on: November 21, 2009, 01:07:53 am »

Jl-- thanks for your kind words about my paper! I had typed up a whole thing about how your comments are really helpful, but my computer ran out of batteries and I am at the library. So here is the cellphoje-keyboard version:
thanks a lot! I liked the place where you wrote "NICE TRANSITION" because I was proud of that transition.

I hope it was helpful. It really was a very good draft. I hope you get an A++.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6077 on: November 21, 2009, 01:32:07 am »

Saw this. http://ourtownoffbroadway.com/ot_movie.html
Fun fact: When you are sitting on a stage during the performance of a dramatic play happening all around you, you spend a considerable amount of time getting chills.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6078 on: November 21, 2009, 08:48:27 am »

Today I'm going to make a 4 hour drive home but only get through about 2 and a half because my car dies and then have to get towed 100 kilometres. But I am home again and seeing people tonight.
Is good.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6079 on: November 21, 2009, 02:34:36 pm »

Me three Moonie, I'll PM you my information.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6080 on: November 21, 2009, 09:23:11 pm »

Ohhhh dude, it'll be so fuck*ng good. Try to get up front. And tell them they need to extend the tour so I can see them again.

The show was amazing. My brother and I were front row center, and I have two huge bruises on my hipbones from being shoved against the barricade. Highlight of the show: slapping David Yow in the face. In my defense he slapped me first.

Today I am trying to recover enough to go to a prostate cancer bar crawl.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6081 on: November 22, 2009, 03:28:06 am »

Went and saw Japandroids and Surfer Blood last night. Surfer Blood were good, Japandroids were not really my thing.
My girlfriend and her friend would not accept my explanation, which is that the reason the audience was so into Japandroids is that they have this whole "we were in emo bands 10 years ago" thing going on. Borderline-idiotic heartfelt lyrics, with weird tense guitar chords and complex drumming? every second feels like it's meant to be EPIC? Guitarist who is like 30-something, but wears all these tiny buttons all over his plain black t-shirt? They were in emo bands 10 years ago. That is what is going on.

Hot apple cider + rye whiskey = yes. I like this.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6082 on: November 22, 2009, 04:01:38 am »

Today I am trying to recover enough to go to a prostate cancer bar crawl.

i am completely not a language/word/grammar/vocabulary/spelling/etc-nazi, but i always hear people say "prostrate" cancer and it bugs the ever-living hell out of me.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6083 on: November 22, 2009, 06:27:14 am »

The show was amazing. My brother and I were front row center, and I have two huge bruises on my hipbones from being shoved against the barricade. Highlight of the show: slapping David Yow in the face. In my defense he slapped me first.

Yes. When I told a friend about the Portland show I mentioned that my only regret was that I wasn't able to get close enough to by hit or spat upon by David Yow. This is a thing for him. I saw Qui, a band that he was (is?) performing with, a while ago and there was a dude up front that he didn't seem to be able to stop slapping the entire show.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6084 on: November 22, 2009, 06:38:04 am »

He was proposing marriage in Klingon.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6085 on: November 22, 2009, 01:36:35 pm »

He spits on and slaps people?  And people are excited about this?  Back in my day we went to concerts to be entertained.

Kinda sounds like he's a poor man's G.G. Allin.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6086 on: November 22, 2009, 02:55:42 pm »

He does not defecate on stage, to be clear.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6087 on: November 22, 2009, 03:26:57 pm »

Today I'm gonna appreciate having free wi-fi at the Philly airport so that I can tell you that I met the editor of Backstreets, a magazine devoted solely to Bruce Springsteen, on the airplane from Raleigh.

I've already emailed you his contact info, Wombat.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6088 on: November 22, 2009, 05:13:46 pm »

Kinda sounds like he's a poor man's G.G. Allin.
Kind of. Imagine a G.G. whose violence is kind of an art form used on stage instead of a clear indication of insanity used in his everyday, off stage dealings with everyone around him. Add some discernible trace of musical talent and you've got David Yow.
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6089 on: November 22, 2009, 05:19:18 pm »

Honestly, as far as getting beat up by a performer at a show goes, I'd take Wesley Willis over either of them anyday.

If you listen close enough, you can almost hear him head-butting an angel up there as we speak.

R.I.P., big guy.
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 878   Go Up