Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347670 times)

0 Members and 168 Guests are viewing this topic.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6180 on: December 01, 2009, 05:33:03 pm »

You say "stop-motion," and I'm there. But then you say "Wes Anderson."
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6181 on: December 01, 2009, 05:39:25 pm »

it's much more rushmore than darjeeling limited, if that helps.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6182 on: December 01, 2009, 05:44:16 pm »

I like Wes Anderson, but the dude needs to learn about the concept of editing. 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6183 on: December 01, 2009, 05:46:51 pm »

See I love Wes Anderson and I really love stop motion, I just get worried since he has no experience in animation and also when I hear that he directed the movie from a different country.

But it is reassuring that you dug it. I'm sure I'm worrying for nothing.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6184 on: December 01, 2009, 05:58:24 pm »

But it is reassuring that you dug it. I'm sure I'm worrying for nothing.

I mean what's the worst that could happen.  So you'll miss the TOUAMBies to see a crappy movie.  It's not the end of the world. :P
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6185 on: December 01, 2009, 05:59:27 pm »

this one's only 80 minutes long, including credits. it's edited. also, the tomatometer gave it 92%, but i think that's too high.

it's not a kids' movie. i think it's meant to be a general-market film, with stuff for everybody, but to be honest, the little girl down the row only laughed a couple times. there's plenty in there for adults, but to be honest, i only laughed out loud a few times. it's a pleasant, gentle film with a fair story and it's beautiful.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6186 on: December 01, 2009, 06:09:11 pm »

trout, i liked it. it's a wes anderson film, and no denying it. i haven't read the book but i can guarantee that most of the script isn't Dahl's words.
Haven't seen it yet, but plan to. I read the book when I first heard this was happening (like three years ago...ugh) and I have to assume that it doesn't follow the book too closely, as it would probably end up being only about 45 minutes long if it did.

All in all, though, if I do happen to make it out to a movie in the next week or two, it'll almost certainly be The Road. Been waiting a long-ass time for that and I hear it's pretty true to the novel. If that's true, there's virtually no way that it could be anything less than amazing.
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6187 on: December 01, 2009, 06:44:48 pm »

A scam was going around here in Minnesota this past summer where elderly ladies were being targeted by young men.  The men were calling random old-lady-sounding names and saying, "Grandma, I'm stuck in jail in Canada, can you send money?"  Then poor Grandma would be like, "Mike?  Mike, is that you?"  And the guy would be like, "Yeah, it's me, Grandma, it's Mike.  I got in trouble here in Canada, and I can't get out of jail unless you wire $1000 to bail me out."  You would not believe the numbers of elderly women who were taken by these horrible people. 

thats been happening here in PA a lot, recently.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6188 on: December 01, 2009, 06:47:24 pm »

...almost be late taking my kid to school because of Lower Intestinal Distress..

...write a presentation speech for the TOUAMBies...

...edit a document and do some other actual work...

...pay bills...

...and (hopefully) visit a sex toy shop with my BFF.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6189 on: December 01, 2009, 06:56:12 pm »

achy-breaky guts and sex toys are a troubling mixture of ideas...
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6190 on: December 01, 2009, 07:23:11 pm »

achy-breaky guts and sex toys are a troubling mixture of ideas...

So canned for that insight.  I couldn't put my thoughts into words but you did! 
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6191 on: December 02, 2009, 01:22:24 am »

Accidentally had a book I need to read by tomorrow mailed to my old apartment. Went over there, because UPS said they had delivered it and it had been signed for by someone named "Anthony." No one there by that name.
Drove an hour in horrible traffic to buy the book at a Borders, the only place I could find it. Right when I got there I got an email from the mail room at my school saying "we got a package for you." I needed the book anyway, so I bought it for a second time, and drove an hour back.
10$ book + 20$ next-day shipping + 15$ buying it again... I guess I will return the other copy when I get it tomorrow?

I guess the good news is that since I was already spending 20$ on shipping I bought a used copy of this book I like that I want my girlfriend to read.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6192 on: December 02, 2009, 05:14:19 am »

Don't forget the cost of gas.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6193 on: December 02, 2009, 05:48:33 am »

oh dang, that is true.

in other news, this book is really crappy. Kind of interesting to read, in a "this guy fucks a lot" kind of way.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

TedStriker

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Chucklebot
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 164
  • Over Macho Grande
    • View Profile
    • Follow me! To Freedom!
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6194 on: December 02, 2009, 02:12:29 pm »

oh dang, that is true.

in other news, this book is really crappy. Kind of interesting to read, in a "this guy fucks a lot" kind of way.

Funny, that's not what I took away from The Old Man and The Sea.
Logged
How surprising that your worldview is food-related.
Pages: 1 ... 411 412 [413] 414 415 ... 878   Go Up