Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1342198 times)

0 Members and 147 Guests are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6285 on: December 08, 2009, 05:25:08 pm »

at what temperature do you maintain your indoor climate

do you think that it is rad to have frostbite judy
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

rowboat

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2666
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 180
    • View Profile
    • The Rats and People Motion Picture Orchestra
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6286 on: December 08, 2009, 05:30:12 pm »

don't judge me for being hungover on a Tuesday. Ordered an unusually floral Saison beer last night, and had to drink an extra IPA just to cleanse my pallet.
I would never judge anyone for being hungover on a Tuesday. However, you are only the second person I've ever heard of who could get a hangover from just two beers. The first was my damn grandma.
Logged
PS  I got shot by Ray again

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6287 on: December 08, 2009, 06:36:20 pm »

I am more worried about my 200 damn dollar ELECTRIC bill (we have gas heat) due to certain Spouses who insist that every light in the house needs to stay on when we are not here, "for safety."

I keep my heat at 68, and even with that I have to wear thick socks and a sweater 24/7. I programmed the thermostat to go down to 60 at night, though, when I am planning on being under three blankets. I'd be willing to bet that 85% of the tough guys who keep the heat down during the winter are the selfsame dudes to crank the A/C/ up as soon as it hits 80 degrees outside.

(For the record, in the summer, I keep the thermostat at 78 when I'm home alone during the day, and Pedro would turn it down to 65 when he got home if I'd let him.)
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6288 on: December 08, 2009, 06:47:10 pm »

For the past couple of years it's been 60 during the day and 56 or 58 at night.  I think we're probably going to settle on 62/58 this year.  Much warmer than that and I get hot.  I go over to my parent's house in the winter and start sweating.

Put a dang hoodie on or something.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6289 on: December 08, 2009, 06:56:19 pm »

Right now our heat is set at 69. I'd be fine with colder by my roommate is from FL and sometimes bumps it up to like 74. She pays the utilities so I have no idea what that's costing us. It mainly bothers me because my bedroom gets up to 78 with the door shut, even when I close the register. Leaving the door open gives me about 4 degrees but isn't always practical so I've been keeping my window cracked whenever it isn't raining.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6290 on: December 08, 2009, 06:58:40 pm »

i've got mine set at 62. in the summer i set it at 75, sometimes i bump it up to 77 if the missus isn't complaining.

some days in the winter, i don't want to wear long johns and three sweatshirts. some days, i want to be toasty and warm without risking scarring and homelessness. in the summer i wear shorts and drink iced tea. in the winter i wear too many clothes.

why is 60 degrees a luxury? why is someone spoiled if he uses a heater? ain't like he's burning peat to get the whole house to 73 degrees in the middle of february. it's cold enough outside, it's supposed to be warmer inside. sheesh.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6291 on: December 08, 2009, 07:21:44 pm »

For the past couple of years it's been 60 during the day and 56 or 58 at night.  I think we're probably going to settle on 62/58 this year.  Much warmer than that and I get hot.  I go over to my parent's house in the winter and start sweating.

Put a dang hoodie on or something.

Right now I have on long #####, thick socks, a long-sleeved t-shirt, and a hoodie, and I'm still cold. I'm all about being energy-conscious, but when I have to wear a hat and gloves indoors, I draw the line.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6292 on: December 08, 2009, 07:41:31 pm »

Another lump of coal?  Bah.  Humbug.

Actually, I've been pretty cold so far this winter.  I think it's cause I've lost some of my insulation.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

TedStriker

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Chucklebot
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 164
  • Over Macho Grande
    • View Profile
    • Follow me! To Freedom!
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6293 on: December 08, 2009, 08:14:52 pm »

I would never judge anyone for being hungover on a Tuesday. However, you are only the second person I've ever heard of who could get a hangover from just two beers. The first was my damn grandma.

Who said the fruity Saison was my first beer last night?  Between this and the Judy fight, you'd think I get tipply from such as Corona and nothing else.
Logged
How surprising that your worldview is food-related.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6294 on: December 08, 2009, 08:45:56 pm »

Hey wombat, William and Mary might get a giant anthropomorphic pug as its mascot: http://www.wm.edu/about/mascot/?svr=web
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6295 on: December 08, 2009, 10:00:20 pm »

Dang, I totally want to stuff the ballot box for the pug mascot, but they want actual contact info at the end of the survey. Should I lie?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6296 on: December 08, 2009, 11:02:47 pm »

See , I like the house to have a slight chill, and then to climb in to bed under a toasty electric blanket.

Due to a recent injury incured by idoiocy (on the part someone else, not my own - though I've got plenty of that too) I also occasionally put a heating pad down and lie on it to sooth my back.  I did this recently in bed, with the electric blanket on too - it was a toasty me sandwich.  One of the kitty's agreed and lulled me to slumber with hungry kitty purrs.  I know if I get cooked, I will also end up eaten.  That is something I am at piece with.  Worry not though - the blanket has a timer and auto off. 

Warm toastyness is luxury.  I like to temper it against the slight chill of the household air. 

Also, ineve, that dude is more and more due for a clobbering.  Do it to him in his sleep.  Just go up to up and punch him in the face while he sleeps.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6297 on: December 09, 2009, 12:05:24 am »

Today I'm gonna throw my hands up in despair and frustration and just say, "Okay, Fuck You Tuesday, do your worst"

And then...it will.

Fuck You Tuesday.

Fuck You, Tuesday.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6298 on: December 09, 2009, 01:02:13 am »

yeah, also a factor is that he is way heavier than me. He'll be walking around in a t-shirt and boxers and I'll be wearing 2 sweaters.

Also, I might be wrong, but I do think that he always turned the AC on when I didn't think it was that hot.

But seriously, he didn't complain about me turning on the heat last year, when our rent was TWICE what it is now.

I think I am going to have to re-evaluate my heating strategy, though, because the fact that I have my own radiator in my tiny bedroom has been making it get really really hot lately.
The guys who lived here last year suggested getting space heaters for our bedrooms and turning the heat down to avoid this problem, which seems smart.

Also, I do not trust our thermostat, I am going to get a thermometer and put it right next to it on the wall so we can see how warm it actually gets.

Final thought: yes, he is coming up for some punches. I got 2 hours of sleep the night before last, and he came home and was stomping around as usual... then he started barking (?!!?!). I figured, "oh, he doesn't know I'm home." Then he yelled something to me through my door. Then he turned on loud music, and sang along, and then I realized that he had invited someone over for dinner who my girlfriend cannot interact with without tears (it is a long story), and he hadn't told me in advance. UGH. Then he walked into my bedroom without knocking TWICE. I think he might have seen my girlfriend topless.

We were half-asleep enough that it made sense that what we would do is pretend to be asleep for the entire hour or so the girl was here. He knocked on the door repeatedly to tell me to come out, "we have company," and I told him I was too sleepy to come out.

It was worth it to hear him ask the girl "are you a pot smoker?"
He is really not OK with people who smoke, but tries really hard to act like he is. It is funny to observe.

The problem is that he is the type of person who is going to argue with me when I tell him my problems with him, and he has a way of making arguments that make me feel stupid and concede. Argh.

I am remembering that I felt this way about him a year ago, but I missed him a lot when he was in china for 7 months and thought it would be fine to live with him again.


This girl I don't like sent me a survey to fill out for her honor's thesis, and... wow.
I have respect for the idea of our "Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies" department, but there is this one woman who teaches really silly classes, and it is so obvious that she is the inspiration for this thesis.
This one question is "Do you think you initiate contact with current or potential sexual partners through text message more often than you would if phone calls were the only option?" and then the answers are from "most often" to "least often."
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 01:09:45 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6299 on: December 09, 2009, 01:26:47 am »

What do you call a machine that runs itself forever?

Like, the kind of thing where rolling forwards turns a wheel that powers the motor that pushes it forward that turns the wheel that powers the motor... etc.

Because this is that.

Wait, I just realized that it isn't unless you use the points to buy more coins. Actually this is just awesome.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 878   Go Up