Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1342999 times)

0 Members and 196 Guests are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6360 on: December 14, 2009, 02:49:49 am »

My girlfriend dumped me a couple of hours ago. We were together for two and a half years.

That is mega-shitty, dude. I am sorry to hear that.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6361 on: December 14, 2009, 03:53:22 am »

today I found out that my GF has been selected to be my co-music director at the radio station next semester.
hijinks? Yes. Hijinks will ensue. Not sure yet whether they will be good or bad hijinks.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6362 on: December 14, 2009, 04:03:53 am »

Either way, hopefully they will be wacky.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6363 on: December 14, 2009, 06:46:30 am »

Hijinks are as rad as you dare to make them. I can think of six dozen ways that could be the funnest thing ever.

Thank you all for your kind words. You are the best. And Cort, I gave you a can.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6364 on: December 14, 2009, 06:25:21 pm »

Today I learned that a friend from college, who was pretty much the most stoner-ific, semi-clueless member of our crew, somehow signed up for Facebook as a "public persona" rather than a regular human being.  So instead of becoming friends with him, one must "Become a Fan."

Somehow, this is appropriate.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6365 on: December 15, 2009, 12:59:09 am »

That is how folk legends are made.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

bluemoon72

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 63
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 499
  • 2009 TOUAMB Newbie of the Year
    • View Profile
    • facebook friend me, muthafuckas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6366 on: December 15, 2009, 05:01:08 am »

...attend the most astounding concert I've ever seen.  Bela Fleck and the Flecktones first holiday music concert...it was jaw-dropping.  From Victor Wooten's 15-minute solo Christmas song medley on bass, to Bela doing a moving version of Vince Guaraldi's "Christmastime is Here" and "Linus and Lucy", to "The Twelve Days of Christmas" in a different key AND time signature for each day, to--I'm not kidding--an entire set from a Tuvan throat singer ensemble....the hands-down most astonishingly good show I've ever seen. And that's saying a lot.
Logged
Quit moanin' at me! What's in the box?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6367 on: December 15, 2009, 09:12:15 am »

Completely fail to understand how coffee machines work, and cover the floor of my kitchen with coffee.

also: I only like coffee either with tons of milk and sugar, hot, or black and cold. What is the deal with this?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Dexter

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 119
  • Some mothers should not be turned out.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6368 on: December 15, 2009, 10:18:30 pm »

I am more worried about my 200 damn dollar ELECTRIC bill (we have gas heat) due to certain Spouses who insist that every light in the house needs to stay on when we are not here, "for safety."
But you don't keep all the lights on when you're not home, right?  Just the ones you're using?  Have you pointed out to him that a particularly astute criminal who is casing the joint might notice that all the lights are on only when people leave the house?
Logged
Y'all don't know what it's like, bein' male, middle-class and white.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6369 on: December 15, 2009, 10:22:29 pm »

If I'm home, I studiously turn off lights in the rooms we're not using. If I'm out for some reason, I come home to find everybody in the family room and all the rest of the lights ablaze.

I am going to teach my soon-to-be 5-year-old to turn off lights in rooms we're not using. As soon as I can communicate to him that that's what we're "supposed" to do, his obsessively completist autism brain will take care of the rest.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6370 on: December 15, 2009, 10:23:55 pm »

Focusing his powers on using them for good.  Spiderman approves.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6371 on: December 16, 2009, 05:34:15 pm »

If I'm out for some reason, I come home to find everybody in the family room and all the rest of the lights ablaze.

Have you switched to CF bulbs? I've been seeing them for really cheap lately. I picked up 4 GE branded 100W equivalents for $7 at Rite-Aid of all places the other day.

Also, this may be an impossible task with your spouse. Having lived with a roommate who wouldn't turn lights off, I've found that if it wasn't drilled into you at an early age (my father was a nut about energy conservation back when it was still underground) it may be a lost cause.

Today I'm gonna work for the 14th day straight without more than 3 hours of sleep in a given night. I'm seriously taking 2 months off after I finish up these projects. Also learn how to say no to clients.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6372 on: December 16, 2009, 06:54:42 pm »

Have you switched to CF bulbs? I've been seeing them for really cheap lately. I picked up 4 GE branded 100W equivalents for $7 at Rite-Aid of all places the other day.

Also, this may be an impossible task with your spouse. Having lived with a roommate who wouldn't turn lights off, I've found that if it wasn't drilled into you at an early age (my father was a nut about energy conservation back when it was still underground) it may be a lost cause.


Yeah, we used CFLs in our old house, but when we moved here we were a little slow in making the changeover. I figured we'd wait 'til the incandescents burned out and change them one by one as needed, but after our first electric bill, I went through and changed them all. Our first full-month bill was $227, out second was $135 (after I changed out half the bulbs), and our latest bill (which I just got) is $108. Meanwhile, our gas bill (we have gas heat) has only gone up $10. So, yay.

There's still the issue of "why can't you do this for me just because I asked you to," but that's a whole different problem for another time.

Anyway, as those of you on Facebook know, today I'm gonna send a secret something to a secret someone.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6373 on: December 16, 2009, 07:09:31 pm »

Have you switched to CF bulbs? I've been seeing them for really cheap lately. I picked up 4 GE branded 100W equivalents for $7 at Rite-Aid of all places the other day.
I thought incandescent bulbs were already illegal in the US, but apparently that doesn't kick in until 2012. My town gave everyone free CFLs and I have to say I'm not a fan of the "warm up" period. When I walk into a dark room, and flip the light switch, I don't like standing in the door while my light bulb boots up. Maybe its just the brand, Idk.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6374 on: December 16, 2009, 07:14:42 pm »

It depends more on the wattage and type. The 45-watt equivalent globe-style CFLs I have in my bathroom take a lot longer to reach full brightness than the 60-watt equivalent standard bulbs I have in the bedrooms. Don't know why, exactly.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 878   Go Up