last time I was at a gig in St. Louis, one of the band dudes was macin' on my friend before the show. my friend was relatively young for him, and all dressed up kinda hott and slutty and such. we meet my friend's other two friends at the show. what show was it... Jenny someone? Jenny lewis or something? I forget. was kinda blue grass. okay show. except this one bass player, she was all like, totally fake smiling and carrying on the whole show, exaggeradedly exheuberant, which was okay I guess, except it kinda set up this dichotomy with the other band people, who were all pretty mellow and not doing a performance sorta thing, they were just doing their thing, which made the bass player come off kinda fakey looking. I dunno. she didn't seem to engage the crowd that much, but that's another thing, the vibe at the place was kinda weird, kinda like the folks weren't all totally into it or whatever. I'm told that place just doesn't have a good vibe for whatever reason. I blame the smokers. there was like a break between the openener and the main act, and my friend goes for a smoke break, so I follow her, and it's like this room off to the side with so many smokers. weird. fu(kin addicts.
anyway we meet her friends at the show, these two chicks, rachel and some other chick whose name I forget, and one of them, I forget which, was stoned out of her mind, because they had baked pot brownies, and I guess it was rachel ate all of the brownies on her own. so after the show we are following her two friends home in my car, and her two friends get totally lost, because one of them is stoned, and the other one is following the driving directions of the stoned one. So it took 30 minutes for what should have been a 10 minute drive home. we finally get on the freeway and it becomes apparent that the speedometer isn't working in her friend's car. because I'm doing like, 70, and I'm having trouble keeping up with them,... then they slow down to 55... then back up to 75... and so on.
so then later on my friend and her boyfriend get in some kinda grudge yelling screaming drunken thing over her boyfriend ditching her at the last minute when he was supposed to go to the show with her. what a life I'll tell ya. having a disagreement over not going to some mediocre show together. I mean, if I lived in St. Louis, I don't know, I wouldn't go to shows either. I would just wanna kill myself.
yeah it was this chick I recognize the music
http://www.jennylewis.com/intro/