Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TERRIBLE!

Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347565 times)

0 Members and 174 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6675 on: January 11, 2010, 08:12:09 pm »

Today I'm gonna wonder, if I called the Witness Protection Program and asked them to give me a new identity when I miss the deadline on this writing job, would they think it was cheating if I still log in here under my same name?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6676 on: January 11, 2010, 09:33:16 pm »

...try to figure out what to do when, in a yearly kickoff meeting, the owner of your company says that you dress too much like "an IT guy" and "our sales staff wear suits".  (I'm in sales, not IT, fwiw.)  My wife's going to be thrilled that, despite my closet full of stylish (but apparently too casual) blazers, I'm going to have to buy another suit or jacket.

I've never known an IT guy who bothered with blazers.

He's already broken up one marriage, lets discourage any further home wrecking.

From what blue says, it's her husband who did the breaking and wrecking all by himself.

I hope the move-out goes as well as can be expected, blue. Keep in mind that you are doing what you need to do for yourself, and that he won't be able to hurt you much longer.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

TedStriker

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Chucklebot
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 164
  • Over Macho Grande
    • View Profile
    • Follow me! To Freedom!
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6677 on: January 12, 2010, 02:31:03 pm »

...be pretty pleased with myself that I found a nice wool suit for less than $200...and didn't spend any real money.  Spending Macy's credit from returned wedding gifts 10 months after the nuptials ftw.
Logged
How surprising that your worldview is food-related.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6678 on: January 12, 2010, 02:56:01 pm »

Do you have Dillard's where you are?  If so, they have very good sales on suits a couple times a year -- keep your eyes open.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6679 on: January 12, 2010, 03:02:58 pm »

if i wasnt a fatty, id buy suits at goodwill.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

TedStriker

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Chucklebot
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 164
  • Over Macho Grande
    • View Profile
    • Follow me! To Freedom!
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6680 on: January 12, 2010, 03:03:48 pm »

Why don't you ladies grab your purses and the ad circulars and link arms as you march out the door together.

I was hoping for a "shopping for a new wardrobe" montage, set to a Go-Go's song.
Logged
How surprising that your worldview is food-related.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6681 on: January 12, 2010, 03:10:15 pm »

Why don't you ladies grab your purses and the ad circulars and link arms as you march out the door together.

Quiet, you.

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6682 on: January 12, 2010, 04:33:41 pm »

spending as little money possible on the only thing a gentleman needs to wear in any environs is one of the manliest things a dude can do. you're coming off as jealous, ash, as though you don't want us to find out you're yiffing your horses
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6683 on: January 12, 2010, 07:59:53 pm »

I'm with Green Kool Aid.  I would totally buy dead peoples clothes from Goodwill if I weren't so fat.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6684 on: January 12, 2010, 08:15:28 pm »

Hey, none of you guys are a 48 Long are you?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6685 on: January 12, 2010, 08:58:56 pm »

I'm with Green Kool Aid.  I would totally buy dead peoples clothes from Goodwill if I weren't so fat.

Fat people never die?

I'm going to go have a candy bar.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6686 on: January 12, 2010, 08:59:53 pm »

Hey, none of you guys are a 48 Long are you?
Is there where we make dong jokes?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6687 on: January 12, 2010, 09:08:19 pm »

Is there where we make dong jokes?

No, that's your #####.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6688 on: January 12, 2010, 11:26:40 pm »

European 48? Ummm, yes. Well, sometimes extra long. Depends on the brand.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6689 on: January 13, 2010, 12:54:39 am »

42 short. and i have both (1) a "$99 for two tuxes" story and (2) no pu$$y.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 878   Go Up