Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347646 times)

0 Members and 168 Guests are viewing this topic.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6690 on: January 13, 2010, 01:29:16 am »

...Eat most of a pineapple in a single pineapple-eating session.99 cents.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6691 on: January 13, 2010, 06:57:05 am »

Fat people never die?

No, they just have one suit and they bury them in it.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6692 on: January 13, 2010, 07:18:28 am »

I got a tailored wool suit in Vietnam for 120 bucks american. If I had more scratch (and more faith that it's not going to fall apart in a strong breeze) I would have bought four or five more and just worn suits from here on out.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6693 on: January 13, 2010, 01:45:01 pm »

The reason I ask is that I have two suits that no longer fit me.  They're almost brand new, but I'm not sure they can be altered to fit me -- I've lost 4 inches off my waist and I don't know how far ##### can be taken in.  So if they'd fit one of my imaginary internet friends ...

This has come up because I cleaned out my closet over the weekend.  I'm getting rid of a huge mound of clothes that are either old, ugly or too big for me now.  I feel surprisingly refreshed by this process, and it's really nice to see the floor and back wall of my closet.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6694 on: January 13, 2010, 04:24:11 pm »

you're a couple months early for spring cleaning, but congrats on the weight loss! i'm trying too
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

TedStriker

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Chucklebot
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 164
  • Over Macho Grande
    • View Profile
    • Follow me! To Freedom!
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6695 on: January 13, 2010, 04:53:44 pm »

The reason I ask is that I have two suits that no longer fit me.  They're almost brand new, but I'm not sure they can be altered to fit me -- I've lost 4 inches off my waist and I don't know how far ##### can be taken in.  So if they'd fit one of my imaginary internet friends ...

A good tailor can take 4 inches out of the waist, but they'll likely have to make other alterations elsewhere, too: the seat, rise, and legs will all need to be altered as well.  In the long run, it's probably a better investment to just buy some new #####.  Unless they're your Lucky ##### and $70 of alterations seems like the right thing to do, of course.
Logged
How surprising that your worldview is food-related.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6696 on: January 13, 2010, 04:58:36 pm »

A good tailor can take 4 inches out of the waist, but they'll likely have to make other alterations elsewhere, too: the seat, rise, and legs will all need to be altered as well.  In the long run, it's probably a better investment to just buy some new #####.  Unless they're your Lucky ##### and $70 of alterations seems like the right thing to do, of course.
I have a pair of lucky #####. I have an identical double for my lucky ##### as backup in case something happens to the original.

I got a tailored wool suit in Vietnam for 120 bucks american. If I had more scratch (and more faith that it's not going to fall apart in a strong breeze) I would have bought four or five more and just worn suits from here on out.
There was an article in GQ where the author went to asia for custom hand made suits and discovered it was cheaper to fly there, have the suit made, and fly back to the US than buy a tailored suit in the US.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6697 on: January 13, 2010, 05:09:48 pm »

I don't have lucky #####, but I have lucky socks. I wore them to every college exam I ever took. They're getting kind of thin, so I save them for really special occasions now -- the births of both my children as well as my MA thesis defense. I even wore them in the morning on my wedding day, right up to the point where I had to put on panty hose and heels. My mom wouldn't let me wear them down the aisle.

I'm kind of fanatical about my lucky socks.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6698 on: January 13, 2010, 05:13:11 pm »

A good tailor can take 4 inches out of the waist, but they'll likely have to make other alterations elsewhere, too: the seat, rise, and legs will all need to be altered as well.  In the long run, it's probably a better investment to just buy some new #####.  Unless they're your Lucky ##### and $70 of alterations seems like the right thing to do, of course.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured.  And the jackets would probably need some work too.

Which brings me back to my original proposition -- could anybody use a couple of 48L suits?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6699 on: January 13, 2010, 05:21:26 pm »

There was an article in GQ where the author went to asia for custom hand made suits and discovered it was cheaper to fly there, have the suit made, and fly back to the US than buy a tailored suit in the US.

So what are you waiting for? Take pictures!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6700 on: January 13, 2010, 05:49:19 pm »

you're a couple months early for spring cleaning, but congrats on the weight loss! i'm trying too
That is a good looking fruit salad. I'm quite the fan of them myself.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6701 on: January 13, 2010, 10:39:39 pm »

find out my girlfriend's dad will not be in town when I visit, because it is the last weekend of deer season.

I am not normally this worried about meeting people's parents. this helps.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6702 on: January 13, 2010, 10:46:52 pm »

inev no parental meeting will be as bad as my missus vis-a-vis my mother.

mother: "hey let's go to the mall, i need to pick something up"
then-fiancee: "okay sounds good, maybe there's a sale"
they arrive at the mall
mother *locks doors*
mother: "so, just how old ARE you."
then-fiancee *aghast and afeared*
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6703 on: January 13, 2010, 11:03:56 pm »

I've never let a girl meet my parents because my father would letch at her and my mother would call here a whore.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6704 on: January 13, 2010, 11:07:04 pm »

find out my girlfriend's dad will not be in town when I visit, because it is the last weekend of deer season.
Good news: He's out of town.
Bad news: He's armed and presumably can gut, dress and butcher a 170lb animal.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 878   Go Up