Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347613 times)

0 Members and 174 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6720 on: January 14, 2010, 02:15:58 pm »

The Daniel makes at least as much sense as whatever the hell a "stone" is.
Logged

TedStriker

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Chucklebot
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 164
  • Over Macho Grande
    • View Profile
    • Follow me! To Freedom!
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6721 on: January 14, 2010, 02:34:52 pm »

...sleep through an overnight fire in our apartment complex.  Fortunately, no one was hurt, and the complex is so danged big, we were never in any danger of it spreading to us.  Definitely an odd feeling to see fire trucks before you even start your morning commute.
Logged
How surprising that your worldview is food-related.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6722 on: January 14, 2010, 02:47:51 pm »

Currently 1.16 Daniels. He and I roughly share the same BMI.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6723 on: January 14, 2010, 03:19:48 pm »

I am currently 1.07 Daniels, hoping to reach .95 D by May.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6724 on: January 14, 2010, 03:22:19 pm »

My only worry is that I can never gain or lose weight. (my every gain is new standard? or something? i am stretching here.)

No, you see this is just like special relativity. Since you are a universal constant, you cannot gain or lose mass. If you eat, gravity simply changes in order to keep 1 D constant.

edit: Shit, I just realized we have to take your velocity into account too. G=vD2 I guess? For the good of the universe maybe you should just try and keep at still as possible.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 03:30:20 pm by Mr Trout »
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6725 on: January 14, 2010, 04:04:05 pm »

I'm more than two of you, Daniel.

I want you to know this.

yo tambien(ugh).
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6726 on: January 14, 2010, 04:53:12 pm »

I only want to gain 0.1dan, but I want to do it without adding bodyfat.  I'm actually pretty happy at 1.3 Daniels (at 5'7"), but my daughter is confused by my Wii Fit guy who looks considerably plumper than me.  If I can bang up another tenth, that should put me at obese, which I will find amusing.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6727 on: January 14, 2010, 05:29:32 pm »

its hard sometimes because 'health experts' talk about BMI as if its health gospel.  its something to keep in mind and consider, but its not a disaster if someone doesnt fit in to the 'healthy range'.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6728 on: January 14, 2010, 07:43:43 pm »

Makes me think of the French translation for Egg Nog some reason:  "lait de poule," which directly translated back = chicken milk or hen milk, which I read as either something utterly disgusting, or cream of chicken soup. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6729 on: January 14, 2010, 08:06:54 pm »

I should, at my height and width, probably be a little under 1.5 Daniels.

I need to look more like "NBA small forward" and less like "offensive lineman who gave up on living to an old age after a knee injury."
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6730 on: January 15, 2010, 07:43:07 am »

Yeah, what the fuck is a stone anyway? Like 14 pounds? What the fuck kind of sense does that make?

I am 1.26 daniels, and that makes my BMI not happy. I mean yeah, muscle weighs more than fat, but I think that if I could get down to 0.95 - 1.00 Daniels, I would be daaamn fine.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6731 on: January 15, 2010, 07:47:22 am »

You know, it almost seems like an important accomplishment at this point.

Like resume material.

"Miscellaneous Achievements - I am a unit of measure on a rogue message board."
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6732 on: January 15, 2010, 01:52:00 pm »

Yeah, what the fuck is a stone anyway? Like 14 pounds? What the fuck kind of sense does that make?

I am 1.26 daniels, and that makes my BMI not happy. I mean yeah, muscle weighs more than fat, but I think that if I could get down to 0.95 - 1.00 Daniels, I would be daaamn fine.

It appears so. I have only ever heard stone used as a unit of weight in wrestling, which makes it even sadder in my mind.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6733 on: January 15, 2010, 05:22:28 pm »

haitian ambassador hands pat roberts his ass here
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6734 on: January 15, 2010, 08:49:04 pm »

Stones were also on Battlestar Galactica.

And that dude is awesome.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 878   Go Up