Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that Wombat has figured out how to edit the News Box!

Pages: 1 ... 448 449 [450] 451 452 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1345686 times)

0 Members and 209 Guests are viewing this topic.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6735 on: January 15, 2010, 09:00:35 pm »

I mainly see stone used when an author of an article is trying to assert his or her Britishness.



edit: spelling

Happy now?!?!
|
|
|
V
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 01:11:24 am by Mr Trout »
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6736 on: January 15, 2010, 09:53:24 pm »

the problem here is stone is both singular and plural. 1 dan = 10 stone.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6737 on: January 16, 2010, 01:07:38 am »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6738 on: January 16, 2010, 04:00:48 am »

Jesus Christ. Sometimes I am so fuck*ng lazy. So I am listening to this song by The Jackson 5 right now, and I was wondering if it's on the compilation I own. So instead of like getting up and walking the like 10 feet to pull it off the shelf and look at it, I google it. I have a feeling that if I could correct behavior like this, my life would seriously improve.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6739 on: January 16, 2010, 05:03:45 am »

Jesus Christ. Sometimes I am so fuck*ng lazy. So I am listening to this song by The Jackson 5 right now, and I was wondering if it's on the compilation I own. So instead of like getting up and walking the like 10 feet to pull it off the shelf and look at it, I google it. I have a feeling that if I could correct behavior like this, my life would seriously improve.

canned for laughs
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

schnitzelbank

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6740 on: January 16, 2010, 05:16:07 am »

haitian ambassador hands pat roberts his ass here

This is now my second-favorite response after the Ambassador's:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2010/01/the_devil_writes_pat_robertson.html?sc=fb&cc=fp
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6741 on: January 16, 2010, 06:11:19 am »

I just got home from seeing Movits play and I highly recommend it. Seriously, they put on a great show. Very fun and energetic. I didn't care at all that all of the lyrics were in a language I couldn't even recognize.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6742 on: January 16, 2010, 06:58:06 am »

Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6743 on: January 16, 2010, 06:59:08 am »

Sunday.

Pee Wee Herman Show live.

Foxtrot Tango Whiskey.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6744 on: January 16, 2010, 11:21:28 pm »

Yesterday I saw a Swedish band. Today I went to a library for an afternoon of Eurogames. Tonight I blow-off an after-party with more Eurogames so I can go to a friend's birthday where at least two of the gifts will be Eurogames.

Tomorrow: Book club.

Because I am fuck*ng hardcore, bitches!
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6745 on: January 16, 2010, 11:32:47 pm »

Yesterday I saw a Swedish band. Today I went to a library for an afternoon of Eurogames. Tonight I blow-off an after-party with more Eurogames so I can go to a friend's birthday where at least two of the gifts will be Eurogames.

Tomorrow: Book club.

Because I am fuck*ng hardcore, bitches!

A)  Was it ABBA?

B)  What the fuck are Eurogames?

C)  What's the book?

C.1)  Have you read it?

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6746 on: January 16, 2010, 11:40:18 pm »

A)  Was it ABBA?

B)  What the fuck are Eurogames?

C)  What's the book?

C.1)  Have you read it?

A) Movits! A Swedish swing hip-hop jazz band featured on The Colbert Report a couple months ago.
B) European board games. Such as Settlers of Catan.
C) Street Gang: The Complete History of Sesame Street
C.1) 49 pages left
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6747 on: January 17, 2010, 01:27:08 am »

today i woke up at 7am, drove a cadillac srx around town and ate at a cantina, three bakeries, and catered barbecue. it was a food tour called sugar coma, and the name is apt. the bbq was lunch, and then a second group drove off to different spots.

got this game for christmas and busted it out this evening, but be forewarned it's really difficult foodie trivia. one round took way too long to play, and the missus and i like to think we know food.

also cort that title sounds great. is the book?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6748 on: January 17, 2010, 02:36:45 am »

We got Street Gang off Audible. It was OK. It talked a lot about the producers and the creators and how the idea evolved, but I thought it spent too little time talking about the cast and how the format of the show has changed in the last 10 years.

Still, you gotta pick an area to focus on, and while it's not the part of the story I would have chosen, the author did a good job dealing with a complex series of events and telling it in a compelling way. Very informative.

Also, the audio version is read by Carol Spinney, which was awesome.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6749 on: January 17, 2010, 06:01:22 am »

Yeah, it's not that great. It focuses way too much on the childhoods of the backstage people, not to mention every kids show from the invention of TV to 1968. That's the first 11 chapters. After that it's like a decade a chapter. He mentions Oscar the Grouch initially being orange then never mentions when or why the change to green happened. Really weird.

A lot of the book club people I've talked to couldn't get through the opening sections.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 448 449 [450] 451 452 ... 878   Go Up