Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1343497 times)

0 Members and 201 Guests are viewing this topic.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6765 on: January 22, 2010, 06:44:05 pm »

This is in response to Ash's post in the other thread

I had a package yesterday that went back in time* and was also redelivered on the same day after a missed delivery attempt.
MIDWEST SUBURB, US  01/21/2010 12:52 P.M. DELIVERY 
 01/21/2010 10:15 A.M. THE RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON THE 1ST DELIVERY ATTEMPT. A 2ND DELIVERY ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE 
 01/21/2010 6:21 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY 
 01/21/2010 6:00 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN 
MIDWEST TOWN, US  01/21/2010 5:34 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN 
 01/21/2010 4:48 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN 
LOUISVILLE, KY, US  01/21/2010 4:36 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN 
 01/21/2010 2:30 A.M. IMPORT SCAN 
 01/21/2010 1:42 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN 
ANCHORAGE, AK, US  01/20/2010 5:41 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN 
 01/20/2010 12:20 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN 

SHANGHAI, CN  01/20/2010 10:24 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN  
 01/20/2010 9:35 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN 
 01/20/2010 8:21 P.M. EXPORT SCAN 
 01/20/2010 8:01 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN 
CN  01/18/2010 1:45 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED 


*I may not have really checked out the time zones
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6766 on: January 22, 2010, 07:04:42 pm »

Yeah, FedEx by default shows every event in the local time. You can switch it so they're all in your time if you want.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6767 on: January 22, 2010, 08:28:27 pm »

LOUISVILLE, KY, US  01/21/2010 4:36 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN 
 01/21/2010 2:30 A.M. IMPORT SCAN 
 01/21/2010 1:42 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN 


As of Monday, this is where Mrs. West works.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6768 on: January 23, 2010, 02:58:37 am »

Casper the cat, who got on the same bus at the same time every day for four years, has finally been run over and killed.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1244106/Cat-boarded-bus-day-years-killed-hit-run.html
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6769 on: January 23, 2010, 02:59:52 am »

Casper the cat, who got on the same bus at the same time every day for four years, has finally been run over and killed.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1244106/Cat-boarded-bus-day-years-killed-hit-run.html


:(
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Thomas Pain

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -49
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
  • TOUAMB 2009/2010 TROLL OF THE YEAR
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6770 on: January 23, 2010, 03:57:12 am »

I ate some zatarains rice yesterday and today and every time I pass wind I can really smell the stuff
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6771 on: January 24, 2010, 12:20:08 am »

somehow suddenly everyone has priority over me for show scheduling at the radio station, and I am from midnight to two AM.
bahh.

everyone decided at once that 10-midnight was definitely the best time, and all went for it. Which, it is definitely the best time. But. damn it.

yesterday we had an after-party for a radio station event, and it was pretty good. didn't get too wild, but my place is still a damn mess. blegh.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6772 on: January 24, 2010, 02:12:24 am »

somehow suddenly everyone has priority over me for show scheduling at the radio station, and I am from midnight to two AM.

I thought you were the program director.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6773 on: January 24, 2010, 02:22:20 am »

I am in charge of getting us new music, I do not have power over the schedule. anyways, the issue is that we have a system where you get Points for how many semesters you have done a show, how many CDs you review, how often you help out with various other crap... that kind of stuff. I do pretty well on the point system, but there are a lot of younger people who suddenly decided to review 30 CDs or whatever, and are ahead of me now. Also, people who used to do shows in the middle of the day suddenly decided they want to be at night. Boo.

Basically:
1. I have not done enough extra work at the station
2. I have not reviewed enough CDs, even though that is part of my job
3. when I do do things, sometimes I am not really careful about making sure I get credit for it.

oh well. midnight to two isn't horrible? I almost got put on saturday nights because I typed in my priority times wrong... that would have made me want to die.


my girlfriend wanted to do a 2 hour show and is not going to be able to, because there are not any slots for her. i think that people who do 2 hour shows should get extra points or something, but they do not. Why should doing a 2 hour show by myself count the same as doing a 1 hour show with a partner? this seems silly.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 02:26:35 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6774 on: January 25, 2010, 05:39:58 am »

today I saw Yo La Tengo, and it was so boring and stupid that now I am ENRAGED.

something about detuning your guitar for your stupid noise solo at the end of every song and then passing it off to your roadie to tune makes me so angry that I want to spit.
my girlfriend and her pals were all pumped up about how good it was and i am just MAD. ahh.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6775 on: January 25, 2010, 01:55:07 pm »

I never liked Yo La Tengo but they do have the greatest album title in the history of god: I Am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6776 on: January 25, 2010, 03:45:39 pm »

As far as awesome album titles go, I've always been partial to Pantera's Vulgar Display of Power.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6777 on: January 25, 2010, 03:55:24 pm »

As far as awesome album titles go, I've always been partial to Pantera's Vulgar Display of Power.

I did an homage to that album cover once.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6778 on: January 25, 2010, 06:09:31 pm »

Dept. of Unfortunate Captcha Words:  "Facial ready."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6779 on: January 25, 2010, 06:25:42 pm »

Captcha words are one of my favorite things on the internet, generally.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 878   Go Up