Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1341215 times)

0 Members and 140 Guests are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6780 on: January 25, 2010, 11:46:20 pm »

too bad you didnt go for the reenactment.  sike.

speaking of band stuff: ther was some local indie band called mario speedwagon.  i havent been able to locate any of thier recordings, though :(
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6781 on: January 26, 2010, 12:10:46 am »

now this really unpleasant underclasswoman has sent an email to the GM saying that I took the time she wanted because I have a vendetta against her.

hilarious. i had actually realized that a different day would be better for me, but now there is no way in hell I am moving.

it is funny to me when people are so unpleasant that they keep themselves from getting what they want. like, if she had sent me a nice email maybe I would do it, but instead she went over my head and bad-mouthed me, and demanded that I be forced to move.

she complains in meetings about how all of the shows on KWUR "sound the same" and we're all such big "hipsters," and makes jokes about how we are all the same, slaves to pitchfork.com and american apparel, etc.
she looks roughly like this.

and again: if you are trying to get us to change, how is insulting us to our faces going to make that happen?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6782 on: January 26, 2010, 02:26:52 am »

and again: if you are trying to get us to change, how is insulting us to our faces going to make that happen?

This reminds me of something, but I can't quite put my finger on what it is.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6783 on: January 26, 2010, 06:30:09 am »

Perhaps you're using the wrong finger?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6784 on: January 26, 2010, 12:46:02 pm »

... dislocate my shoulder twice at a party. The first time a physio friend helped me pop it back in, the second time I was like 'aw dang' and just decided to roll with it for a little,but that ended in me apparently passing out in a swimming pool. Luckily if you're going to pass out a party full of med students is the right place. I came to as they giraffeed me out and my muscles relaxing as I did so allowed the shoulder to slip back into place. I danced the night away with slightly reduced mobility. Best Australia day in years.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6785 on: January 26, 2010, 02:18:09 pm »

... dislocate my shoulder twice at a party. The first time a physio friend helped me pop it back in, the second time I was like 'aw dang' and just decided to roll with it for a little,but that ended in me apparently passing out in a swimming pool. Luckily if you're going to pass out a party full of med students is the right place. I came to as they giraffeed me out and my muscles relaxing as I did so allowed the shoulder to slip back into place. I danced the night away with slightly reduced mobility. Best Australia day in years.

What is it with you Aussies and dislocated shoulders?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6786 on: January 26, 2010, 02:26:01 pm »

That sounds like one hell of a party, Doc.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6787 on: January 26, 2010, 06:13:44 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6788 on: January 27, 2010, 06:52:38 pm »

Worry for a minute and then remember that we had a meatloaf with small whole beets as a side dish last night...

was your office turning into a butt-smell clambake?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6789 on: January 27, 2010, 09:54:56 pm »

You should consider chewing your food.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6790 on: January 27, 2010, 11:04:35 pm »

Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6791 on: January 27, 2010, 11:19:57 pm »

Dude I masticated finely. Since people aren't getting the oblique talk I'll put it bluntly...I figured something let loose in my bowel because it looked like I'd crapped a bowl full of blood.

But then I remembered...beets.

Next time, pictorial.

I'm a svelte young man.

I am only svelte because I work hard to burn off all the extra calories I throw in my pie hole.   I will eat myself sick.   For instance, I bought a pie while everyone else in the home was elsewhere in the country.

I ate the whole damn pie.   

I mention this, because one time the ladyfriend purchased one of those 4lb jars of red vines.  Man, I love red vines.   I kept going back to the well.  More and more... vine after vine.   I ate the vineyard barren.

The remains were... troubling.   All that dye has to go somewhere. 
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6792 on: January 28, 2010, 12:12:24 am »

Pedro and I had a similar episode, which I believe I have mentioned before, that involved being snowed in for a few days as newlyweds. By the end of the third day, the only booze we had left was triple sec, and the only mixer was Raspberry Crystal Light.

The next morning, hung over, he horked it all up over the bathroom rug. It was horrifying. I thought I had killed the poor man. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6793 on: January 28, 2010, 02:46:43 am »

sexy
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #6794 on: January 28, 2010, 04:29:07 am »

this is only the second week of school, and I have not really started doing homework yet, but I feel so drained. I am basically only in 4 classes and yet I have only been at my house to sleep in the last 3 days. What gives? This thing where film classes have multi-hour film screenings at night is screwing me up. When am I supposed to do my homework? Blegh.

Also, realizing I want to drop a class where the professor likes me and is so happy that I switched into it, and has sent me multiple emails in re: me being in the class. (first: yeah, you should take my class! then: yeah! you are in my class!)

I am alternating between "why would she give a shit about whether I was in her class" and "but I like her! I don't want to hurt her feelings!"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 878   Go Up