Today I was rescued by a Goat puppet.
My friends' son's* birthday party is this weekend. So last week I ordered him a Pancake Mountain DVD as the one I got him for Christmas was a big hit (both with the kid and dad). Today I realize I still haven't received it and time is running short, so I check Insound's website to see if there's a tracking number or anything. Instead I find out my item is backordered, probably for 2-3 weeks. And they never told me.
The start of Pancake Mountain is a goat named Rufus who, naturally, is my friend on FB. So I write on Rufus's wall to see if he knows any retailers around DC that might carry the DVD (Rufus being a Washingtonian himself). He gives me some suggestions that don't pan out then offers to give me free overnight shipping if I buy the DVD direct from the PM website.
I ordered 2 and they should be here tomorrow and the boy's 5th birthday is saved.
* This is the same family responsible for JL's Secret Santa gift.