Today I'm gonna realize I was an idiot to stay overnight in a house with no electricity and no heat when it's 20 degrees out, and call a hotel.
I had to make two trips because the pugs had to be carried half the way the way in the middle of the street for three blocks. Fortunately there was no traffic at 9 am. Now I'm waiting and hoping the hotel shovels the sidewalk instead of just the driveway so I can get back to feed the cats and get some more stuff, and somehow acquire some food.
Did I mention the Tech Staff is out of town, waiting for a rescheduled flight on Tuesday, and just called and said, oh, the people he's staying with are making a nice hot breakfast.
I have heat, light, hot tea, and running water (no water at home, drained the pipes so they wouldn't freeze), but I am still kind of annoyed that I have to plug into the wall to get internet instead of it being wireless. Also, why is everything except Gmail working? Is it down, or is it possible I can't get to it from this connection? Which is really a problem.