that sucks. being kicked in the balls is really bad. ugh. sorry man.
Aug, do you remember any of the people who came for WILD when you were at school here? The overwhelming trend in my 4 years has been horrible one-hit wonders that aren't even currently popular (Afroman? Reel Big giraffe?) or just kind of weird choices (the Black Keys, Passion Pit, hip-hop artists who I forget). The one home-run as far as I'm concerned was P-Funk, although I don't really listen to parliament in my life it was a fun show, although I got peed on when I should have been making out with an absurdly cute girl. (I told you guys that story, right?)
Looking at the history of the event, in the past we had Guided by Voices, Chuck Berry, the Guess Who, Black Eyed Peas, Outkast, Ben Folds, They Might be Giants, Man or Astroman, Warren Zevon, and the Bodeans... what happened? When did we start getting one-hit-wonder hip hop groups? Booo.
I guess some people were into Passion Pit, who were hella hip at the time, and the Black Keys were pretty fun if a bit samey.
They spend so much damn money on this thing, when really what everyone wants is "this is the day you're allowed to be really drunk on campus in the middle of the day."
They used to let people bring in kegs and couches, I wish I'd been here then...
last semester I just drank too many beers right before it, and then fell asleep on my bed with my brand-new girlfriend until after it was over... which I think was all I really needed to get out of that event.
Although the getting-peed-on story is one for the ages.