Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Would The Pet Shop Boys be nice to have over for Thanksgiving, or would they be a pain in the ass? It's really hard to tell.

Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1349445 times)

0 Members and 162 Guests are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7125 on: March 26, 2010, 03:44:01 am »

...have a couple of friends over for dinner. One of them brought tiny cans of Dr. Pepper, and I got to explain to her why Pedro and I were so excited about this.

WIN.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7126 on: March 26, 2010, 05:03:13 am »

Goddamn, it's have an awesome day, day in here.

I love all y'all.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7127 on: March 26, 2010, 07:18:14 am »

...welcome a friend back for a week from south africa, where she's freelance reporting. i made a great-if-i-may-say duck fried rice with broccoli, bok choi, a bunch of other veggies, and a whole roast duck (thank you asian market). having an awesome 'have an awesome day' day for a change :)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7128 on: March 26, 2010, 09:31:13 am »

Congratulations on your awesome days. I am going to have an awesome weekend trying not to die on a ridge in Scotland! BEST TOUAMB TIMES EVER
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7129 on: March 26, 2010, 01:06:50 pm »

...not see my husband until Monday, but also have a sleepover with my BFF for the first time since high school.

He's in Boston for the Penny Arcade Expo. Merry Christmas, babe.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7130 on: March 26, 2010, 05:49:19 pm »

Sounds hot.  Jammie cuddles on the sofa?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7131 on: March 26, 2010, 06:13:28 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7132 on: March 26, 2010, 08:31:30 pm »

all ye office slaves, beware

happy easter-this is hilarious and wrong!
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7133 on: March 26, 2010, 09:16:56 pm »

Today, due to stupid changeovers in our school email system, I received all of the emails I should have been getting over the last week. People trying to contact me about appointments, reminders about meetings, all kinds of awesome stuff. DAMNIT.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7134 on: March 26, 2010, 10:09:34 pm »

heh, gka: http://www.bangabunny.com/?entryId=3398
(my two latest facebook avatars)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7135 on: March 27, 2010, 03:26:49 am »

Today I'm going to paste the following to a message board about cartoon cats because the publisher's "contact us" page is broken.

Quote
In late December 2009 I purchased a new copy of Conflict After The Cold War (Third Edition) edited by Richard K. Betts(ISBN 978-0-205-58352-2). I ordered the book from Amazon.com. Today (March 26, 2010) I realized that the book skips from page 562 to page 627. The missing pages are no where to be found in the book. The first assigned reading from this portion of the book did not come up in the course I am taking until this week. What recourse do I have?

Thank you,
##### *****son
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7136 on: March 27, 2010, 12:31:14 pm »

Jorge, contact Amazon's customer service. They may exchange it for you, since they have a better chance of getting the cost of it covered than you do.

In the meantime, I assume you've already gone to the college library and read the chapters in the copy they have on reserve?

That sucks. I got a book from Amazon one time where about 25 pages were just repeated in the middle of the book. It was...odd. But it wasn't for school so it wasn't a big deal.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7137 on: March 27, 2010, 02:31:04 pm »

Wellllll, school is an hour and change's drive from here. And the article in question begins on page 625. And I have a funeral and a fundraiser to attend today (different events). So I'm not going to worry about the library for the time being. My main concern is that there are probably pending assigned readings that fall into the same range (the professor lists article titles and not page numbers in the syllabus, so confirming that eventuality is not work that I'm willing to do over breakfast). The book was ordered via the wife's Amazon account so we will look into that today.

Edit: Amazon is shipping a replacement copy. Yay.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 03:47:11 pm by JorgeFabregas »
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7138 on: March 27, 2010, 11:51:05 pm »

Edit: Amazon is shipping a replacement copy. Yay.

Jay-ell likes this.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7139 on: March 28, 2010, 02:43:51 am »

« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 03:53:41 am by greenkoolayd »
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 878   Go Up