Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Jumping jacks, flinging myself off of low decks, yelling into an empty bottle of carrot juice. Trying to get in writing mode.

Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1343736 times)

0 Members and 147 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7335 on: May 02, 2010, 01:40:47 am »

yeah, well.

if i had thought about it, I would have thought that. But I mostly just started imagining how insane this event would be with that much booze.

tonight: our big end-of-year radio station party. The theme is "Shotgun Wedding," and me, my girlfriend, and some other guys have formed a one-off "Wedding Band" that will play songs like Twist and Shout, Going to the Chapel, We are Family, etc. I hope it is as awesome as we think it will be.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7336 on: May 02, 2010, 06:30:00 pm »

...take a walk over to The Book Thing. I can't believe I've never been there before. They take donated books and then give them away for free to anyone who wants them. I got a bunch of classic Asimov, Clarke and Sagan. I'm going to have to check them out every weekend now for new arrivals.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7337 on: May 02, 2010, 10:21:41 pm »

... get hugged by Bobby Isoceles and live to tell the tale.

Actually that was yesterday but apparently I forgot to post this then.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7338 on: May 02, 2010, 10:32:41 pm »

Maybe we should still put you on double secret probation for a while though, just to make sure there are no lingering after effects.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7339 on: May 02, 2010, 10:47:22 pm »

... get hugged by Bobby Isoceles and live to tell the tale.

Actually that was yesterday but apparently I forgot to post this then.

We also ate food he prepared. And we just assumed he didn't do anything to it.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7340 on: May 02, 2010, 10:58:35 pm »

Good point. If I'm on probation, Cort is too.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7341 on: May 02, 2010, 11:50:39 pm »

The hug was not fatal because my voodoo was counteracted by tarot reading power, or something.
Logged

robocop

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 38
  • It's Spaghetti Time!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7342 on: May 03, 2010, 12:48:46 am »

...finish the last day of a Veteran's Writing Workshop at the WGA West. Well, I actually have already finished. Great time and people. Free for vets, big-name mentors, and no expense spared. Pretty amazing considering it was an event for veterans. Great weekend, all in all.
Logged

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7343 on: May 03, 2010, 12:51:45 am »

so bobby is an actual person?  i thought he was just a really complex chatbot.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7344 on: May 03, 2010, 04:17:24 am »

Throw up and b esick this ids fur the rust fitie I b  drunk i anages!

BLURGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!¬"!!

Oh boi

I got to 2rirte aq asiggnemnt tomorro oh no

fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7345 on: May 03, 2010, 05:27:02 am »

Do you think that it is rad to have alcoholism judy
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 08:04:03 am by JorgeFabregas »
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7346 on: May 03, 2010, 07:29:15 am »

band performance went real well yesterday. I was so drunk I didn't really know what was going on. whole basement full of people singing "Going to the Chapel" made me get all emotional.

right now I am struggling with this thing, where this woman I interviewed for my project was ranting about how she doesn't want to be "plugged into the system" while wearing her Census 2010 Employee t-shirt, and i don't know if I can point that out in the paper without feeling kind of like I am making fun of someone who helped me out.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7347 on: May 03, 2010, 08:03:39 am »

A job's a job. It doesn't necessarily correspond to the intent of our life.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7348 on: May 03, 2010, 08:55:45 am »

On the other hand, an observation is an observation and truth doesn't care about whether we are polite.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7349 on: May 03, 2010, 08:59:17 am »

yeah, I mean, a job is a job, but this woman (and her group) are all the kind of people who intentionally make sure they are under the poverty line, so they don't have to pay taxes that will go towards wars.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 878   Go Up