Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Okay, Okay, enough of all that. New strip Wednesday afternoon. "  See, we shoulda took bets.

Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1346631 times)

0 Members and 177 Guests are viewing this topic.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7380 on: May 09, 2010, 11:54:09 pm »

Happy mothers day to JL and any crypto-mothers of TOUAMB.

amen.  thanks.  where would we be without you*?


*ladies who are caring/compassionate/loving/etc to people in their lives, whether they came from your baby oven, or not.




also:

cartoon university
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

robocop

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 38
  • It's Spaghetti Time!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7381 on: May 10, 2010, 01:28:53 am »

.... do an 8km fun run for a breast cancer charity thing and start on proper revision for my mid year exam.

Tomorrow I'm gonna limp about in pain if the twinges in my calves are any indication.

I did a 5K run on Saturday here in Los Angeles. It was the Revlon Run/Walk for Women.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7382 on: May 10, 2010, 01:55:40 am »

crypto-mothers

Awesome.

And a good sentiment.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7383 on: May 10, 2010, 03:01:18 am »

As opposed to Krypto-mothers who are...

Dog corpses in the asteroid cloud where Superman's home planet used to be?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7384 on: May 10, 2010, 03:47:55 am »

EXAM EXAM EXAM EXAM EXAM EXAM had enough of plosives and friccatives and dialects

On the subject of running, after the exam instead of the customary after exam pint I've somehow been dragged into a 20-mile(!) fell-run. I haven't run that fair in ages and I don't think I can do it in all honesty. It's bad enough on roads let alone sheep-shit-strewn paths, rivers and mud

To be honest anything beyond 10k, that just becomes punishment. Why would any reasonable person do this to their body.

It's my theory all top sportsmen doing a particularly stamina intensive sport are therefore, sadists. Or is that masochists.

Fuck me exam in 10 hours sleep
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7385 on: May 10, 2010, 03:53:12 am »

I think you should get good and drunk beforehand. 

That'll show 'em.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7386 on: May 10, 2010, 04:44:55 am »

I think you should get good and drunk beforehand. 

That'll show 'em.

Pfft. You're just telling me what I want to hear.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7387 on: May 10, 2010, 07:17:15 pm »

pigs are not the kindest to our digestive tract.  'tis a shame because they seem like nice enough critters.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7388 on: May 10, 2010, 07:47:07 pm »

...wake up to find a high school classmate has been nominated to the Supreme Court, and post this quote from Kurt Vonnegut all over the internet:

Quote
"True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country."

No insult is meant to her but... yeah.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7389 on: May 10, 2010, 07:50:11 pm »

What are the odds her nomination will be shot down?  I would think slim, but you may be more aware of her professional rep than am I.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7390 on: May 10, 2010, 07:51:09 pm »

...wake up to find a high school classmate has been nominated to the Supreme Court, and post this quote from Kurt Vonnegut all over the internet:

No insult is meant to her but... yeah.


you might be able to get away with murder now.....
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7391 on: May 10, 2010, 07:54:16 pm »

After we had everything turned over and weeded I went and picked up a 55 gallon drum of hoss shit and tilled that in
Nice to have a source at hand for that sort of thing.  I guess its not free since you need to buy the feed; you'd need to do something with it anyway, why not garden?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7392 on: May 10, 2010, 07:56:00 pm »

What are the odds her nomination will be shot down?  I would think slim, but you may be more aware of her professional rep than am I.

Honestly I don't know anything more than the pundits on NPR say, which is that after the usual strutting and posturing by the opposition, she will be confirmed. I didn't even know what a solicitor general was before she got the gig.

Here's a pretty good article in the Times that quotes, like, more high school classmates and one of my former teachers. Sheesh. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/10/us/politics/10kagan.html.  That should hold you over till the AP article appears, which is rumored to include a photo from my HIGH SCHOOL YEARBOOK.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7393 on: May 10, 2010, 07:57:31 pm »

you might be able to get away with murder now.....

I just want to get away with publishing a murder mystery. Why can't I have a classmate at the head of a publishing company instead? There are probably only nine of those left, the odds are no worse.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7394 on: May 10, 2010, 09:19:36 pm »

wombat, did she look like kevin james in high school too
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 878   Go Up