Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1343960 times)

0 Members and 182 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7395 on: May 10, 2010, 10:10:13 pm »

Decide for yourself. She's the one in middle of that group picture - with the robe and gavel.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100510/ap_on_re_us/us_kagan_s_classmate
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7396 on: May 11, 2010, 01:54:05 am »

Decide for yourself. She's the one in middle of that group picture - with the robe and gavel.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100510/ap_on_re_us/us_kagan_s_classmate

Are you in that picture?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7397 on: May 11, 2010, 02:33:27 am »

Nope, that is the student government, I was very much not the student government type.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7398 on: May 11, 2010, 02:43:39 am »

I still say that you should write a book making up all kinds of wild-yet-vaguely-believable lies to cash in.

I don't know.

Maybe I'd just like to be able to say that I internet-know the lady who wrote the best-seller "I Saw A Supreme Court Justice Eating Box".

Is it wrong? Is it wrong that I want that?

(Also: I was certainly not the student government type either. Four years of newspaper, one year of drama, predictably enough.)
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7399 on: May 11, 2010, 02:53:46 am »

blegh, I have once again managed to somehow kill my iTunes library. Trying to add some new stuff, and now every time I open iTunes it starts "determining gapless playback information" and then freezes. Started a new Library, now re-adding everything. Once again I lose all my playlists, play-counts, etc. BOO.

Well, I am planning on reinstalling windows soon, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

done with 2 classes, 3 more things over the next 2 days. Barf. It seems like, based on Facebook updates, a large number of my friends are already done. BOO to that.

maybe I am just some kind of Maroon who doesn't care about people knowing that I like The Beatles, but people who complain about how facebook is STEALING OUR PRIVACY and all that jazz make me want to barf. No one has a gun to your head making you play Garden Patch.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 05:44:19 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7400 on: May 11, 2010, 06:51:42 am »

I for one welcome our new Mafia Warverlords.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7401 on: May 11, 2010, 10:41:03 am »

working on my report late at night, I am way too fixated on this place where in answer to "has anything at (organization) positively or negatively affected your physical health?" this woman talked about how OTHER PEOPLE drink alcohol and eat unhealthy food. This is the same person who complained about not wanting to be "plugged into the grid" while working for the Census.

Maybe I just don't want to like this woman.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7402 on: May 11, 2010, 02:00:24 pm »

blegh, I have once again managed to somehow kill my iTunes library. Trying to add some new stuff, and now every time I open iTunes it starts "determining gapless playback information" and then freezes. Started a new Library, now re-adding everything. Once again I lose all my playlists, play-counts, etc. BOO.


It just works.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7403 on: May 11, 2010, 06:21:59 pm »

BMW


also, poop jokes are such the shit.
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7404 on: May 11, 2010, 08:34:16 pm »

...lol at the thought of Tories and LibDems teaming up just to cut Labour out. wtf do the two member parties of the coalition have in common, exactly?


(at least the bnp has no seats)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7405 on: May 11, 2010, 11:32:00 pm »

...impulsively Facebook-message my ex and tell him, in essence, "Thanks for not being a jerk when we were dating or immediately after. You are classy, and even now I think of you with fondness and gratitude."

Is that weird? I don't think he's the type to take it in any way other than how it was intended, but he's sort of...well, he's got this gruff tough exterior and I'm one of the few who had the chance to see his softer side. I don't want to make him uncomfortable.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7406 on: May 11, 2010, 11:33:06 pm »

...lol at the thought of Tories and LibDems teaming up just to cut Labour out. wtf do the two member parties of the coalition have in common, exactly?


(at least the bnp has no seats)

Basically, as a supporter of none of the three main parties (BNP ftw) I feel it's the best solution. A Labour-Lib coalition is unworkable due to the perceived low legitimacy of a ruling body that did not 'win' the election; of course, nobody did, and that's the reason owning a majority is crucial to our system, but the Conservatives are (rightly or wrongly) seen as the legitimate successors to the current government. Yet, they cannot legally (thank god) form their own government, so a compromise like this was always going to be the way (relatively) forward in a hung parliament.

Labour stay in = Nope
Conservatives take full power = Not legal
Labour-Lib coalition = Weak "coalition of the losers" subject to overpowerment by the Tories. Plus Labour and Lib Dems are fairly different in their priorities
Con-Lib coaltion = Lesser evil

Whilst it is inevitable some Tory policies I disagree with will see the light of day (and I don't trust that twat George Osborne to handle our economy with any more dexterity than a 2 year old with a chainsaw), there is a chance the tempering influence of the Lib Dems will make a few steps in the right direction. Basically, they won't let the Tories do exactly what they want whilst the Tories need them.

So really, it makes sense. Labour are no more deserving of Lib Dem support than the Tories are.

Next step: Cameron will wait until the time is right and call a general election whereupon the Tories will probably be elected fair and square.

Then god help us all
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7407 on: May 11, 2010, 11:41:44 pm »

bnp ftw? for real? aren't they like the tea party of britain?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7408 on: May 11, 2010, 11:47:51 pm »

...impulsively Facebook-message my ex and tell him, in essence, "Thanks for not being a jerk when we were dating or immediately after. You are classy, and even now I think of you with fondness and gratitude."

Is that weird? I don't think he's the type to take it in any way other than how it was intended, but he's sort of...well, he's got this gruff tough exterior and I'm one of the few who had the chance to see his softer side. I don't want to make him uncomfortable.

Guess I didn't. He zipped me a note right back, joking, "Have you been drinking?"
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7409 on: May 11, 2010, 11:52:56 pm »

bnp ftw? for real? aren't they like the tea party of britain?

I was joking, those Nazi-lite nobbers can quite honestly fuck off, disgusting people promoting disgusting views

They sicken me

I voted Lib Dem
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.
Pages: 1 ... 492 493 [494] 495 496 ... 878   Go Up