Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Ray Smuckles pours one out for Tiger's '09 Escalade. "Shit didn't have to be that way, Tiger. You coulda' taken the damn Buick."

Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1347627 times)

0 Members and 174 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7440 on: May 20, 2010, 07:43:02 pm »

I'm usually pretty enamoured with pugs, but I'm getting pretty tired of this terrible black pug puppy in my neighbourhood.  It's got these gross weepy eyes, and its face is so weird - I think it's one of those pure-breds that overly inbred to the point of retardation.  It's eyes are goo-ey and it's just ugly, not ugly cute.  Whenever I walk my dog the pug clearly wants to murder my dog.  I mean this creepy thing is full of rage and the only thing keeping the pug away is it's inability to jump the tiny 2ft fence that keeps him in his front yard.  What is up with him?  Why the pug rage?

Some pugs are ugly. It's a fine line between ugly-cute and repulsive.

Lilly sometimes appears to have Pug Rage but she really doesn't want to kill anyone - it's just overexcitement and she shuts right up if she gets to go over and greet the dog properly. Unfortunately, some people don't want their dogs greeted by a pug who is making noises like a Tasmanian devil.

She does hate some dogs for no reason though. She is totally a racist about Rottweilers, for example.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7441 on: May 20, 2010, 07:45:59 pm »

She does hate some dogs for no reason though. She is totally a racist about Rottweilers, for example.

gasp! did she learn these ideas on her own?
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7442 on: May 20, 2010, 10:35:08 pm »

My American Eskimo has standard sorts of "MY TERRITORY" reactions to most canine passers-by, but she is driven into slavering, eye-rolling conniptions by a(distant) neighbor's Pomeranian, Que-que.  As far as I know, they haven't physically ever met.  I can only assume Que-que has left unflattering comments on the fire hydrants around the neighborhood.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7443 on: May 20, 2010, 11:24:17 pm »

There is also an antagonism between the pug and chows or even chow-mixes. This is more on the chow side. I think it is an ancient racial memory - the chows remember how in ancient China they had to work for a living while the pugs just sat around on soft cushions eating tidbits.

But with the rottweilers - she has never had a bad experience with a rottweiler, there is no rational reason, she just hates them.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7444 on: May 20, 2010, 11:42:48 pm »

...have comcast come out and check out why my signal keeps dropping. they spent over an hour in the attic, and after they left:


38!!??

Dang, I'm lucky to get 3.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7445 on: May 21, 2010, 08:25:12 am »

Not having Internet at your house blows. iPhone is good for fun-Internet, but not for filling-out-important-forms Internet. Ahhhhhh. I graduate in 5 hours, but I cannot sleep. It is going to rain/storm, and there
is no building big enough to hold everyone. This will end in tears.

On the plus side: graduating from college, eating lots of good food, seeing family (my parents suddenly look so old...), girlfriend gets back in town tomorrow night. 
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7446 on: May 21, 2010, 02:58:37 pm »

... sit at my desk waiting for time to pass.  It's the Friday before the Victoria Day long weekend.  My husband gets home today after 5 weeks apart.  Almost no one came in to the office today.  I have almost no work to do.  I. Do. Not. Want. To. Be. Here.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7447 on: May 21, 2010, 03:10:27 pm »

Drive hard and furious in the southerly direction until I'm on an island and not leaving for a week.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7448 on: May 21, 2010, 03:12:58 pm »

There's not a lot to do here either. Was fired from previous translation company, got hired by competitor across the street. There's this one icky job with the screwy formatting, but the deadline is good, so. Yawn.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7449 on: May 21, 2010, 04:45:09 pm »

Drive ... until I'm on an island 
Is there a giant ramp somewhere along the line?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7450 on: May 21, 2010, 04:47:16 pm »

And will you be driving a car with a confederate flag on it?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7451 on: May 21, 2010, 04:53:00 pm »

And will you be driving a car with a confederate flag on it?



pleasesayyes
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7452 on: May 21, 2010, 05:17:41 pm »

... sit at my desk waiting for time to pass.  It's the Friday before the Victoria Day long weekend.  My husband gets home today after 5 weeks apart.  Almost no one came in to the office today.  I have almost no work to do.  I. Do. Not. Want. To. Be. Here.

Is sending him explicit text messages an option while you wait?
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7453 on: May 21, 2010, 09:30:09 pm »

Is sending him explicit text messages an option while you wait?

I'm guessing since she didn't reply 5 hours later that it was...
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

greenkoolayd

  • VIP
  • Sanryobuki Artificial Liver
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 697
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2889
  • i make passes at girls who wear glasses.
    • View Profile
    • mi facebook
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7454 on: May 21, 2010, 11:07:42 pm »

gotta preheat the oven somehow....
Logged
"I could tell you the first rule of Spite Club, but I won’t."
Pages: 1 ... 495 496 [497] 498 499 ... 878   Go Up