Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348272 times)

0 Members and 191 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7455 on: May 22, 2010, 01:17:49 am »

...watch a feature called "24 Hours with a Hunky Cop" on NHK News. Would it have been a good thing if some native speaker of English had talked them out of this title or do I have a dirty mind?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7456 on: May 22, 2010, 06:01:56 am »

the shit-pipe, whatever that's actually called.)

I think that is called a pipe.  Or perhaps a drain pipe.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7457 on: May 22, 2010, 06:22:44 am »

Crackers, that title almost writes its own script.

And most of it is "oh" "yes" and miscellaneous grunting.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7458 on: May 22, 2010, 11:47:24 am »

He doesn't have a cell phone, there was no fun.  No fun at all.  In fact, my husband called from the road, and the truck he was driving first blew a tire, then the engine died.  As he and his co-worker had nothing else to do while waiting on the side of the road for their boss to come rescue them (more than an hour out of town), they opened and drank nearly an entire bottle of rum. 

When he and I were finally reunited, he was so intoxicated that I was basically disinterested in his sloppy drunken attention, and he was too blitzed to even sort of understand the situation.  This marks probably only the 3 or 4th time in our 8 1/2 yr relationship where I've seen him trashed, but let me tell you I was super displeased and unaroused with this loud, chatty, annoying, stumbly version of my guy.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7459 on: May 22, 2010, 03:34:25 pm »

Ugh, sorry, smells. That is lame as the dickens.

Here's to making up for it tonight.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7460 on: May 23, 2010, 12:38:10 am »

...spend an hour reading a book in a waiting room full of screaming germy children at the urgent care clinic. The tragedy is, what was I thinking? I could have been in the treatment room watching the Technical Staff get his scalp stapled shut.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7461 on: May 23, 2010, 12:44:50 am »

Curious minds want to know what you did to him.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7462 on: May 23, 2010, 01:09:04 am »

Heh. No, he didn't need any help, actually.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7463 on: May 23, 2010, 11:51:52 am »

I didn't miss that part, at least. I got a quite good look at it and said "eeeuw" and told him he needed to go to a doctor. I think he was inclined to go around with his head gaping open because he was afraid they'd tell him he had to skip washing his hair for a while.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7464 on: May 23, 2010, 12:06:37 pm »

The alternative being applying shampoo to his gaping head flap?
You'd want to have the no more tears formulation for that business.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7465 on: May 23, 2010, 01:52:14 pm »

Right.

It's only fair to say that he couldn't get a good look at the wound, and once I did, he went along without arguing. I don't know how you're supposed to decide whether something needs stiches, but I was sure that if the same thing had happened to one of the dogs I'd be headed to the vet immediately, so it seemed only proper.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7466 on: May 24, 2010, 02:03:49 am »

I'll be that smelled spectacular.  Sulfur and sodium nitrate.  Fire n'brimstone.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7467 on: May 27, 2010, 05:22:26 pm »

to be honest i'd like to cut my meat intake down to three or four times a week, but this gluten-free diet the missus is on is making that pretty difficult.

and tonight is ribeyes on the grill. maybe some broccoli, if i'm lucky. i gotta make that duck-fat-roasted cauliflower again soon. good job she picked up a whole roast duck at the asian market ;)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7468 on: May 27, 2010, 05:50:57 pm »

...realize I haven't eaten meat in like three days

What an odd coincidence.  I'm on my third day today too, although it's pretty much intentional. 
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7469 on: May 27, 2010, 06:21:44 pm »

For someone reason "giraffe will do" comment reminded me of a recent visit to 7-11 for fried chicken.  My husband ordered a bucket, then asked "can you make it all dark meat?"  The dude, who clearly wasn't the best English speaker replied "Dark meat?  No.  Only white or red."    My husband was confused and asked for dark meat again, which the guy replied "no dark.  Red."  I jumped in and replied "okay, can we get all red meat?"  to which he replied, uncertainly "Noooo....."  So I said "how about mostly red meat?"  To which he replied - "Yeah, mostly red, some white."  "Okay."

I mentioned to my husband as I sat down to eat "wouldn't I look the fool if I open the bucket to find a bunch of breaded steak instead of chicken?" but then we both agreed that would be delicious.  The bucket was about 50% dark meat, so I'm not really sure what went down in the dude's mind...  Back when I worked at KFC we always had more dark meat than white, and were more than happy to give away an all dark meat bucket.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 878   Go Up