my brother wrote the nicest thing ever about me on his senior page in the yearbook. he's normally not a very emotional/sentimental kid, so it means a lot. I mean, he will not even let me hug him.
the speaker at his graduation was a... I really want to say he was a Fascist. Told a big room full of rich white American kids that there's no such thing as luck, and everything we get is due to our good decisions. Also: was introduced as a pastor who is nationally known for helping men "find Authentic Biblical Manhood" and "protecting family values." Barf.
the apartment I am moving into, pros and cons:
pros:
very very cheap
cool location
pretty from the outside
my room is bright green
powerful AC unit
living with a guy I really like, who is much easier to interact with than my old roommate.
other friends live in the building
my window looks into an alley. The other guy's rooms look onto a main road, which is nice-looking but really loud.
cons:
cockroaches
mice
the girl who lived here before us didn't clean anything before she moved out.
she had a dog.
we don't have keys to half the locks
moving lots of furniture up to the third floor
used syringe in alley
peeling lead paint
really small. like, definitely meant to be for a married couple instead of 3 guys.
no place to park
when I tell people where I live, they say, "oh, the sex dungeon?" I am not sure where the sex dungeon part comes from, but I have heard many many times that the landlord accepts blowjobs for rent.
I think I am realizing there are equally cheap places elsewhere in st louis that are nicer. but, fuck it, it's 3 months. I would have killed to live in such a cool building at any other point in my life.
now: finding a job. ahh.