Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 878   Go Down

Author Topic: Today I'm gonna...  (Read 1348529 times)

0 Members and 214 Guests are viewing this topic.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7485 on: May 30, 2010, 03:07:02 am »

...go on a great bike ride in the surrounding county. Not too long (~21mi) but my first lengthy ride since Easter. Map of ride: http://tiA-CAPrl.com/23hpqpm http://bit.ly/d4E6VX

Took the metro out of the city, rode some great hills, explored an abandoned mental institution's campus, got chased out by security, visited a friend, did some shopping at the mall and food market, then loaded my bike onto the rack of the bus and headed home.

I want to work my way up to ~60 mi. rides, then get some panniers, bring along a tent and gear and go for some multi-day rides. Anyone do anything like that? I'd probably be doing it solo. I plan on getting a 2-man backpacking tent (in case I can convince my GF to some along), then bringing along my camping stove and some canned food. Plus spare tubes, spokes and basic tools.


edit: DAMN YOU FILTERS
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 03:22:48 am by Mr Trout »
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7486 on: May 30, 2010, 07:15:24 am »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7487 on: May 30, 2010, 03:58:27 pm »

...try and fail to change a light bulb.

We made a big mistake in choosing kitchen light fixtures. The designer person gave us a list and we pointed to the one that looked nice. BAD MOVE.

First of all, it has screws that you need a tiny allen wrench for, and then, the glass cover weighs about a hundred pounds so basically you need three or four hands to remove it. Then we took the weird compact fluorescent bulb across the street to the hardware store, as well as the long string of numbers and letters written on the light fixture. And they had dozens of bulbs but not this one. They had only one that would fit in the fixture, at about half the wattage of the ones we already had, which we had already decided really needed to be brighter. If we had to eventually replace all of them with the bulb they had, we'd be going around the kitchen with flashlights.

So we came back to search for it on the internet and could only find one place that had something that looked right and shipping is ten dollars.

Tech Staff says he wants to go look at Home Depot first.  For my part, I thought I was feeling better this morning after having a headache all weekend but now I have to take a tylenol and lie down and watch bad Japanese tv.

I tried to convince him to change out the fixture for a bare light bulb hanging down on a string but he said "not this weekend."
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7488 on: May 30, 2010, 04:19:15 pm »

...not lecture anybody on why the concept of luck is a cardboard crutch.

But hey man, it's made of very sturdy cardboard.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7489 on: May 30, 2010, 05:51:40 pm »

...try and fail to change a light bulb.

So how many wombats does it take to change a light bulb? 

Also, Paul, I had a Polar Ice before, as well as an Icee while visiting different parts of the US, but they are just not the same.  Also, we have "Slush Puppies" here, which I also enjoy.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7490 on: May 30, 2010, 05:52:44 pm »

So how many wombats does it take to change a light bulb? 

Well, we didn't have enough of them to do it, so all I can say for sure is "more than one."
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7491 on: May 30, 2010, 06:51:13 pm »

Also, Paul, I had a Polar Ice before, as well as an Icee while visiting different parts of the US, but they are just not the same.  Also, we have "Slush Puppies" here, which I also enjoy.

Oh, I beg to differ.  Yes, the polar Ice is different, but the Icee is identical.  According to Wikipedia the Icee is the original which dates back to the early 60s.  They licensed their machines to 7-11 in 1967 and the Slurpee was born.

I've had Slurpees too, btw.  We used to have lots of 7-11s here too, but they sold out to another company and moved out of Houston sometime in the 70s or 80s.  I can't find anything on it now, but I seem to recall at the time that the company was in financial trouble at that time and this was how they got out of debt.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7492 on: May 30, 2010, 07:18:01 pm »

It could have been that the Icee I had was an odd flavour unavailable in Canada.  I think it actually might have been Hawaiian Punch, but I can't recall for sure.  Oddly I do recall that it came from a small Icee cup-shaped booth in the centre court of a mall near a "House of Cheese" where all the staff had to wear weird outfits like they were Swiss Dairy farmers from the 1940's though.... This is my memory of a mall in either Grand Forks or Fargo that I visited in my early teens.  Odd the things you remember.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7493 on: May 30, 2010, 07:24:14 pm »

Speaking of stuff from Canada, how about those Old Dutch Ketchup Potato Chips? I love those!

Also, poutine. Which reminds me. This looks so good to me.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7494 on: May 30, 2010, 09:27:01 pm »

Oh man, I am fasting today under doctor's orders due to some medical testing I undergo tomorrow, and I'm pretty sure if I looked at that beautiful image for even a moment longer I would weep.  I love poutine, and eggs benny is my favorite breakfast, so that is like a foodgasm right there.  But then, basically anything would be good right now... except maybe olives.  I hate olives no matter what.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7495 on: May 30, 2010, 09:33:06 pm »

At first I was
 ???
but then I
 >:(
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7496 on: May 30, 2010, 11:21:51 pm »

I love olives, but black pitted olives are the worst. Like maybe on pizza when all the nastiness gets baked out of them, but otherwise they are horrible.

I love poutine, and eggs benny is my favorite breakfast, so that is like a foodgasm right there.

But yeah, if only I could find the (a) place that makes poutine benedict. I'm with you on both accounts there.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7497 on: May 31, 2010, 01:45:20 am »

At first I was
 ???
but then I
 >:(
Wait, I'm confused... is it olive sadness/anger?  The only thing olives are good for is making oil.  Otherwise they are a gross textured like how I imagine eating and eyeball would feel,  and foul tasting to boot.  Unlike basically every other thing in my home.  Oh, why must I have delicious left overs in the fridge, oh why is the pantry so fully stocked with things I would like to eat?  Why must my Thai neighbour's cooking smells blow over on the breeze?

Anyway, I have been totally housebound today due to other issues related to preparing for the unspeakable tests tomorrow (any more details would be TMI, and as I will be stripped of all dignity tomorrow morning at the hospital I refuse to dwell on the minor indignities of right now).  The tests are for something that is most likely nothing.  I occasionally have sever digestive issues which usually occur when other around me have a stomach flu, but I always get hit 10X worse is all.  As I was once hospitalized with sever food poisoning, it could just be that my tender guts are just sort of perma-tender due to that or there could be some more treatable underlying cause.  Certain things like lactose intolerance and Celiac Disease have been ruled out already, and this is basically the last test I need to face before accepting that it's just the way it is.   

The worst part - the program guide on the TV clearly indicates there are entertaining things to watch on the Food Network, but again, that would be torture.  Also, commercials - they never has an affect on me day to day, but now I'm noticing everything looks tasty.  Even from places like Arby's... seriously... Arby's looked good in the commercial I just saw, and I wouldn't normally want to eat at Arby's even if it were free.

TL:DR: I am all "fuck you chicken broth - you smell like roasted chicken but provide none of the meaty satisfaction." 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7498 on: May 31, 2010, 02:04:34 am »

if olives are art, you people are philistines, and you disappoint.

regardless, i hope your pooper's fine and unmolested at the end of the day, smells. i still respect you as a person and appreciate you as a friend, no matter your viewpoint on olives.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Today I'm gonna...
« Reply #7499 on: May 31, 2010, 02:27:07 am »

Today I'm gonna do something I haven't done in about 10 years, which is eat a bunch of LSD and listen to the grateful dead while grilling up tons of delicious hot dogs and sausages and burgers.

YAAAAY
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 878   Go Up